Leonte Carroo, let's talk about this guy.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Leonte Carroo, let's talk about this guy.

Postby ajmyk » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:06 pm

He's one of the most intriguing prospect,

he's consistently ranked in the top 10 for fantasy purpose, and yet a lot of non-fantasy mocks don't even have him in the top 3 rounds. Is this only because of the off-field issues ?

Moreover, he had this line in 2015 : 39/809/10
809 yards in only 39 receptions ?
You would think he's that kind a burner who run deep routes only and therefor be boom-or-bust a la Djax.
And looking at his game log he WAS boom-or-bust in 2015.

But looking at the tape, that guy isn't just a deep threat, he runs great routes and he's really strong for his size.
The reason he's good at big plays is a combination of great routes and strength at the catch point where he stay strong against the defensive backs attacking him during the catch.

But there is absoluty no reason why he couldn't be a volume receiver too. Strong hands, strong body, great field awareness and low center of gravity.

Am I missing something or is there a reason he had so few targets ? Is this bad usage and bad system or did does he struggle to get open for short-to-medium range pass ?

Because if I'm right, then we haven't see the full FANTASY potential of him. Because
- He clearly has the skills to be a red zone threat
- He clearly has the skills to get open deep (even though he has no speed)
- He run some screens, successfully.
-- No maybe, looking at him and at his route running, he could maybe be a great possession receiver and medium range receiver too.

So potentially, such a versatility could be great for fantasy production, if used right. He would be a far better fantasy player than an NFL player.

Honnestly, in the NFL I would be more confident using him as a slot receiver type than using him as a deep threat.
And yet he averaged 20 yard/catch.

That's confusing.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

cucamonga
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Leonte Carroo, let's talk about this guy.

Postby cucamonga » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:09 pm

After watching him tear my Spartans up for 3 tds last season I really took notice. I hope he slips in the NFL draft so people in my league don't notice him and I can scoop him up late. He could be great IMO
12 Team .5 ppr
Cucamonga Kickapoo

2015 CHAMPS
QB: Cam Newton, Carson Wentz
RB: Thomas Rawls, Kenyon Drake
WR: B Perriman, Davante Adams, Sammy Watkins, Corey Coleman, Kendal Wright
TE: Tyler Higbee, Delanie Walker
K:
DEF: Tennessee

2017 picks: 1.3, 1.5

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:16 pm

Let's not talk about him...I am hoping to pick him up later in drafts
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:19 pm

SHHHHHHHH
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

cucamonga
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cucamonga » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Somebody please delete this thread
12 Team .5 ppr
Cucamonga Kickapoo

2015 CHAMPS
QB: Cam Newton, Carson Wentz
RB: Thomas Rawls, Kenyon Drake
WR: B Perriman, Davante Adams, Sammy Watkins, Corey Coleman, Kendal Wright
TE: Tyler Higbee, Delanie Walker
K:
DEF: Tennessee

2017 picks: 1.3, 1.5

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:26 pm

I think he ends up going 2nd round or top of the 3rd (NFL). His off-field issues are overblown too. Unless I'm misinformed, he was breaking up a fight between his girlfriend and another woman, and got arrested for that, but the charges were dropped.

Should be a solid NFL WR for years to come though. Definite value/steal in these rookie drafts.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:27 pm

His gf and his ex-gf...nothing to see but you still shouldn't draft him.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:10 pm

My biggest gripe with Carroo is he just doesn't look that explosive. Take a guy like Boyd for instance, he's a terrible athlete but he runs really crisp "explosive" routes. Same 10 yard dash time as Carroo even though Carroo's 40 was faster. Carroo just looks OK to me. Im terrible at evaluating how "ok" talents transition to the NFL level so I'm not really looking to heavily invest.

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:54 pm

Jason3123 wrote:I think he ends up going 2nd round or top of the 3rd (NFL). His off-field issues are overblown too. Unless I'm misinformed, he was breaking up a fight between his girlfriend and another woman, and got arrested for that, but the charges were dropped.

Should be a solid NFL WR for years to come though. Definite value/steal in these rookie drafts.
Google it up, "breaking up" is pretty light in terms of the reports of him slamming a girl that is like 5'nothin into the ground
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:55 pm

cucamonga wrote:After watching him tear my Spartans up for 3 tds last season I really took notice. I hope he slips in the NFL draft so people in my league don't notice him and I can scoop him up late. He could be great IMO
The Spartans were STRUGGLING at CB for much of the season. So take that for what it is...

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:04 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:My biggest gripe with Carroo is he just doesn't look that explosive. Take a guy like Boyd for instance, he's a terrible athlete but he runs really crisp "explosive" routes. Same 10 yard dash time as Carroo even though Carroo's 40 was faster. Carroo just looks OK to me. Im terrible at evaluating how "ok" talents transition to the NFL level so I'm not really looking to heavily invest.
Talent=explosiveness ?
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:42 pm

DrNoish wrote:
Jason3123 wrote:I think he ends up going 2nd round or top of the 3rd (NFL). His off-field issues are overblown too. Unless I'm misinformed, he was breaking up a fight between his girlfriend and another woman, and got arrested for that, but the charges were dropped.

Google it up, "breaking up" is pretty light in terms of the reports of him slamming a girl that is like 5'nothin into the ground
Well apparently the attorney's didn't think he slammed her hard enough.

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Just like Ray Rice didn't punch a girl in the head and drag her lifeless body, hard enough. Funny how athletes are slapped on the wrist when any of us would be serving time. All I'm saying is it didn't seem overblown. He doesn't have a bunch of drug issues but time and time again we're seeing these guys get in trouble for physical altercations with women.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:04 pm

ajmyk wrote:
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:My biggest gripe with Carroo is he just doesn't look that explosive. Take a guy like Boyd for instance, he's a terrible athlete but he runs really crisp "explosive" routes. Same 10 yard dash time as Carroo even though Carroo's 40 was faster. Carroo just looks OK to me. Im terrible at evaluating how "ok" talents transition to the NFL level so I'm not really looking to heavily invest.
Talent=explosiveness ?
Not necessarily... I just didn't see him do anything where I was like "oooh that's interesting." But I wasn't that interested in Diggs or Lockett either which is why I say I'm terrible at evaluating those types of players. Sterling Shepard is another one this year that seems solid all around but who knows what will happen in the NFL.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:51 pm

On the field he is an interesting prospect. Off the field he is a piece of garbage. He isn't good enough to overlook all the baggage. He's off my draft list.