Fred Davis

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Fred Davis

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:34 pm

What do you think about Fred Davis' value going into next year with Cooley coming back? I am in a 14 man keeper league and I want to keep Davis and Cooley. Davis has been very solid this year for me, and I think he has teriffic upside. I am just hesitant keeping two TEs on the same team. Is he worth a spot given my roster, and could you let me know who you would keep off my team going into the off season. Pick 14 if you could be so kind. Thanks guys.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Fred Davis is awesome. I picked him up before he went off. But, his perceived value is fairly low because of Cooley. That's why I traded him to a play off team who needed a TE. I've said that he's better than Cooley at catching passes and he's proving it. But, Cooley is a much better blocker. So, it's hard to say what happens next year with him. He's looking good though.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Fred Davis

Postby jimmo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:06 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:What do you think about Fred Davis' value going into next year with Cooley coming back? I am in a 14 man keeper league and I want to keep Davis and Cooley. Davis has been very solid this year for me, and I think he has teriffic upside. I am just hesitant keeping two TEs on the same team. Is he worth a spot given my roster, and could you let me know who you would keep off my team going into the off season. Pick 14 if you could be so kind. Thanks guys.

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Chad Henne,
RB- McFadden, Benson, Moreno, S. Greene, B.Scott
WR- Roddy White, Josh Morgan, Crabtree, , Braylon,
TE- Cooley,
K-
D- Mayo,
DB-, Delmas,
2009 - (7-6) Clinched a spot!!

I don't think there's any way you can keep Davis in a 14-keeper league. He's looked good, and has a bright future, but backup TEs are very cheap. I'm not sure Cooley is even worth a keep in all cases, let alone his backup.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:30 am

jimmo wrote:
bigcsr67 wrote:What do you think about Fred Davis' value going into next year with Cooley coming back? I am in a 14 man keeper league and I want to keep Davis and Cooley. Davis has been very solid this year for me, and I think he has teriffic upside. I am just hesitant keeping two TEs on the same team. Is he worth a spot given my roster, and could you let me know who you would keep off my team going into the off season. Pick 14 if you could be so kind. Thanks guys.

TE- Cooley,
K-
D- Mayo,
DB-, Delmas,

I don't think there's any way you can keep Davis in a 14-keeper league. He's looked good, and has a bright future, but backup TEs are very cheap. I'm not sure Cooley is even worth a keep in all cases, let alone his backup.
Drop Delmas and keep Davis is what I'd do. DBs are easy to come by.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:08 pm

jimmo wrote:

TE- Cooley,
K-
D- Mayo,
DB-, Delmas,

I don't see how you would not keep Cooley? What is the reasoning? Just curious.

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:48 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:
jimmo wrote:

TE- Cooley,
K-
D- Mayo,
DB-, Delmas,

I don't see how you would not keep Cooley? What is the reasoning? Just curious.
TEs are cheap. Guys like Heath Miller and Brent Celek and Jermichael Finley were very likely available for free before the season (Miller and Finley were both drafted in the FA draft in August in one of my leagues) or for very little in a deal. Look at the Vernon Davis discussions from this past offseason; in many leagues you could've had him for a couple of six-packs.

Now Cooley is coming off an injury and his backup has performed very well in his place, setting up a potential, and realistic, TE timeshare. The entire situation is in flux, with a new HC and offensive system coming in. so there's a lot of questions around him. I'm not sold he regains his previous value.

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:03 am

Misfit74 wrote:Drop Delmas and keep Davis is what I'd do. DBs are easy to come by.
I agree with this, quality TEs can be valuable in a 14 team league.
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:10 pm

cowboys85 wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:Drop Delmas and keep Davis is what I'd do. DBs are easy to come by.
I agree with this, quality TEs can be valuable in a 14 team league.
I agree.