Arian foster

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
M357's
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby M357's » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:01 am

Being i just gave up my WR1 in Moss for a huge upgrade at RB2 in Smith tells how bad my RB situation was in one of my lgs, and even after Smith's injury if i had to do it all over again...Id still do the trade (granted i got B.Marshall in another trade so it hurt less) From watching every Viking game and a stout run d every yr, K.Smith has no fear to where ive seen other RB's get frustrated and pretty much give up, thats what i like about Smith, a true workhorse.

Onto A.Foster, this is what you would want from a back thats likely a project thats sitting on your bench so deep that you will likely never play him. He is getting a chance and as we all know that is sometimes all a player needs, granted he will likely never be the next Eddie George (who i thought Foster reminded me of his junior season..running style and size etc..)

It will be interesting to see what he does with this opportunity, but for an undrafted F/A to make it this far is a testament to his abilities and should be owned heading into next yr to see if he can put a dent into Slatons load.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:21 am

(Rotoworld) Though coach Gary Kubiak was impressed by Arian Foster's Week 14 performance, he was less than thrilled with the rookie's mental errors in Thursday's practice. Analysis: "He's got a long way to go," Kubiak said. "He's a young player. A little inconsistent, but he's got a lot of talent ... He's getting an opportunity here and he needs to understand how important this opportunity is." Foster remains the best bet for double digit touches in the Texans backfield, and he's worth using as a flex option this week.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:59 pm

Any one else actually start this guy, and get a big fat ZERO!

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:09 pm

grimace wrote:Any one else actually start this guy, and get a big fat ZERO!
Guess he went undrafted for a reason and was inactive 80% of the season for a reason, too. Say it with me now: B - U - M! What's that spell?

BUM

*I don't own him on any team
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:28 pm

This should be no surprise to anybody!!

----------------
Now playing: The Outfield - Inside Your Skin

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:58 am

One fumble and he's dunzo!! It looks like he squandered his big opportunity. Maybe the Texans can trade for Michael Bush!!!

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:55 am

hot nikkels wrote:One fumble and he's dunzo!! It looks like he squandered his big opportunity. Maybe the Texans can trade for Michael Bush!!!
Lendale White would be good to pair up with Slaton. Slaton's going nowhere and it will be interesting what he does during the off season as well as the organization.

----------------
Now playing: Tristan Prettyman - Shy That Way (feat. Jason Mraz)

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:19 pm

That'd be me. In three leagues, for a big fat 3 points (at least it wasn't a zero!). Lost all three games but at least it wasn't because of Foster, as the guys I sat wouldn't have won 'em for me either. Small solace, but I'll take anything I can get after the weekend I just had...

Worst part is that he had three touches on the first eight plays, including that nice catch preceding the dreaded fumble. And the Texans' running game looked terrible the rest of the day. Ah well, I needed to catch lightning in a bottle to have a chance in two of those games so I had to roll the dice. Lesson learned (well, probably not!)
Last edited by jimmo on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:29 pm

jimmo wrote:
That'd be me. In three leagues, for a big fat 3 points (at least it wasn't a zero!). Lost all three games but at least it wasn't because of Foster, as the guys I sat wouldn't have won 'em for me either. Small solace, but I'll take anything I can get after the weekend I just had...
I got 0 from Foster, and .7 from Turner love those stats from my RB's

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
Guess he went undrafted for a reason and was inactive 80% of the season for a reason, too. Say it with me now: B - U - M! What's that spell?

BUM

*I don't own him on any team
Looks like one game isn't a big enough body of work to determine if a guy has a chance to be a player. Looked good last week and is tearing it up again today in a must win game against the Pats.

Anyone have a change of heart on this kid?

Dynasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dynasty » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:20 pm

well it hurts slaton's value a good amount.....i could see these 2 splitting carries next year

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Now is the time to trade Foster, especially before the Texans go grab a back in the draft. In my opinion, use this as a high selling point for him...

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:16 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:Now is the time to trade Foster, especially before the Texans go grab a back in the draft. In my opinion, use this as a high selling point for him...
I agree.

Dynasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dynasty » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:35 pm

being a texan fan, i can tell u right now we prob wont get a rb if at all until the 4th or 5th round......we have bigger concerns on our team like another DE, CB, Safety, and kicker

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:38 pm

Dynasty wrote:being a texan fan, i can tell u right now we prob wont get a rb if at all until the 4th or 5th round......we have bigger concerns on our team like another DE, CB, Safety, and kicker
I was thinking the same thing. Slaton and Foster can be a nice combo; go get some defensive help in the draft.