do i even bother keeping slaton or forte?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dmacizdman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

do i even bother keeping slaton or forte?

Postby dmacizdman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:16 am

looking back, i had thought keeping forte and slaton in a two player ppr keeper was going to make my team a powerhouse, then the season started.

would you still keep both of these guys? i was thinking of keeping vincent jackson and getting rid of slaton.

thoughts?

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 am

Too early to answer that. I would have to see the rest of your roster as well as the Texans off-season to fairly judge that but as of now I would keep VJax over Slaton

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:31 am

VJax is a must keep over Slaton. he's nothing more than 3rd down/change of pace back that could easily pick up again in your draft. Forte hold on to him as long as you can and see what happens in the offseason, allot of his problems have to do with the horrible play calling and even worse offensive line.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:40 am

grimace wrote:VJax is a must keep over Slaton. he's nothing more than 3rd down/change of pace back that could easily pick up again in your draft. Forte hold on to him as long as you can and see what happens in the offseason, allot of his problems have to do with the horrible play calling and even worse offensive line.
so in your opinion, if Arian foster plays well these last 3 weeks is he a better option then slaton moving forward?

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:56 am

hot nikkels wrote:
grimace wrote:VJax is a must keep over Slaton. he's nothing more than 3rd down/change of pace back that could easily pick up again in your draft. Forte hold on to him as long as you can and see what happens in the offseason, allot of his problems have to do with the horrible play calling and even worse offensive line.
so in your opinion, if Arian foster plays well these last 3 weeks is he a better option then slaton moving forward?
The OP is in a 2 player keeper league which really changes players value going forward. In a dynasty format, I would not put Foster higher then Slaton regardless of what he does in 3 games. I got killed by Slaton this year having him as my RB1 in two of my dynasty leagues but it is too early to sell on him just yet. Slaton showed alot his rookie season and while this season has been a major disappointment, he is a hold based on what most people paid for him (unless you drafted him as a rookie).

The tea leaves to watch for the Texans is what they do in the off season. If they take a RB high in the draft or sign a FA (Lendale White), then the writing is on the wall for Slaton.

----------------
Now playing: Counting Crows - High Life

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:17 am

hot nikkels wrote:
I don't think Slaton or Foster a good options in a KEEPER league, in Dynasty I would keep both and see what happens. With the depth he has at RB it's best to drop one and try to keep some IDP to help out for next year, but in KEEPER only.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:43 pm

i wouldnt keep either in a keeper league. forte has the skills to be a good RB, but the complete lack of an effective o-line, and a passing offense limit his upside.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:52 pm

VJax over Slaton right now.

jeff_eaglz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: do i even bother keeping slaton or forte?

Postby jeff_eaglz » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:29 am

dmacizdman wrote:looking back, i had thought keeping forte and slaton in a two player ppr keeper was going to make my team a powerhouse, then the season started.

would you still keep both of these guys? i was thinking of keeping vincent jackson and getting rid of slaton.

thoughts?
Keep Forte as he is a feature back in CHI.

The Bears' O-line was woeful and so was the defense. Without Urlacher and Briggs healthy, it was shootout-city and Chicago had to throw more.

Forte should be better with a stronger O-line and a better defense. He's a fantasy RB2 in 2010.