worst playoff team rosters

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

worst playoff team rosters

Postby Guppy CEO » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:46 am

can anyone beat this for a bad roster that made the playoffs?

Brady, Tom NEP QB (P)
Manning, Eli NYG QB (P)
Stafford, Matthew DET QB (R) (O)
Vick, Michael PHI QB
Fargas, Justin OAK RB
Maroney, Laurence NEP RB
Moore, Mewelde PIT RB
Smith, Kolby KCC RB (I)
Snelling, Jason ATL RB
Boldin, Anquan ARI WR
Breaston, Steve ARI WR
Caldwell, Andre CIN WR
Crayton, Patrick DAL WR
Garcon, Pierre IND WR
Hill, Jason SFO WR
Mason, Derrick BAL WR
Muhammad, Muhsin CAR WR (P)
Stuckey, Chansi CLE WR
Washington, Kelley BAL WR
Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE (P)
Akers, David PHI PK
Panthers, Carolina CAR Def
Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

her division has the lowest scoring teams in it, including her at 3rd worst. she only beat the league average pts 6 times all season, yet managed to go 8-6 by going 2-2 against the other playoff teams. b4 the season started, one owner traded for her #1 pick in 2010 thinking it would likely be a top 3....LOL

anyone got a worse team to make the playoffs?
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 am

Might have you beat, took over a young team in the DLF Members league who has over achieved big time this year, but will be dominate in the next couple year, along with the 5 1st round picks this year (3 being in the top 6, including the 1st over all one)

QB: Ryan, Campbell, Boller
RB: Jacobs, Sproles, Caddy, Cartright, Choice, Cobbs, Morris, Savage
WR: Austin, Smith(NYG), Bess, Bradely, Britt(R), Clayton, Collie(R), Jones, Massoquoi(R), Nicks(R), Reed
TE: Olsen, Shockey, Ryan
Def: Chargers Texans

I finished 1st in the weakest division to make the playoffs, but the team has huge potential to be a legit contender soon.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:58 am

grimace wrote:Might have you beat, took over a young team in the DLF Members league who has over achieved big time this year, but will be dominate in the next couple year, along with the 5 1st round picks this year (3 being in the top 6, including the 1st over all one)

WR: Austin, Smith(NYG), Bess, Bradely, Britt(R), Clayton, Collie(R), Jones, Massoquoi(R), Nicks(R), Reed

I finished 1st in the weakest division to make the playoffs, but the team has huge potential to be a legit contender soon.
What did you give up to get the 1st pick overall? Its pretty amazing that there was a team that didn't win a game all year, yet can't even enjoy having the 1st pick overall :shock: Great deal for you though!
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:00 am

Shawn wrote:
grimace wrote:Might have you beat, took over a young team in the DLF Members league who has over achieved big time this year, but will be dominate in the next couple year, along with the 5 1st round picks this year (3 being in the top 6, including the 1st over all one)

What did you give up to get the 1st pick overall? Its pretty amazing that there was a team that didn't win a game all year, yet can't even enjoy having the 1st pick overall :shock: Great deal for you though!
The original owner traded all of his guys away for 6 2011 first round picks during the 2008/09 season. I got the team that way, traded some vets for younger players, draft some WR with my later round picks and sat on those 1st rounders for this year. This will be a fun draft for me.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:05 am

grimace wrote:
Shawn wrote:

The original owner traded all of his guys away for 6 2011 first round picks during the 2008/09 season. I got the team that way, traded some vets for younger players, draft some WR with my later round picks and sat on those 1st rounders for this year. This will be a fun draft for me.
Nice deal for you then! Be sure to thank the original owner :)
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:52 am

I wish I could but I have no idea who the original owner, but I like the moves he made looking at the long term picture. It has been a fun to team to rebuild.

chiefs_fan4life_2
Starter
Starter

Postby chiefs_fan4life_2 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:35 pm

grimace wrote:I wish I could but I have no idea who the original owner, but I like the moves he made looking at the long term picture. It has been a fun to team to rebuild.

Ur welcome! 4 of those 1st rounders I got for SJax before I had to give that team up. 2 of which I projected to be in the top 5, 1 top 3. I'm glad it worked out for you...I knew that team was young and would be good for the next owner moving forward, esp with those 1st round picks...

Enjoy!
1 QB, 5 (RB-WR-TE), PK, 3 DE/DT, 3 LB, 3 CB/S
standard scoring w/ppr

QB- Palmer, Cassel, Dalton(r), Mallett(r), Collins
RB-
WR- Fitz, Marshall, Nicks, Crabtree, SJohnson, Gibson, Burton(r), Roberts, Randle El, Cruz
TE- Davis, Cook
PK- Nedney
DE/DT- Cole, Umenyiora, Biermann, Gregg, Liuget(r), Coleman
LB- Mayo, Ruud, Lofton, Houston(r), TDavis, English
CB/S- Branch, Verner, Chung, Barber, Fletcher, Greene, Gregory, ABerry, Peterson(r)

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:46 pm

8-5 team in my main league:
QB: Roethlisberger, Bulger, Hill, Leinart, Dixon
RB: K.Smith, Hightower, Wells, J.Jones, M.Morris (Det), A.Green
WR: Harvin, R.Williams, S.Smith (NYG), Cotchery, Coles, Morgan, Long
TE: Gates

This team is bad and still looks like a champion compared to the one you posted.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:46 pm

chiefs_fan4life_2 wrote:
grimace wrote:I wish I could but I have no idea who the original owner, but I like the moves he made looking at the long term picture. It has been a fun to team to rebuild.

Ur welcome! 4 of those 1st rounders I got for SJax before I had to give that team up. 2 of which I projected to be in the top 5, 1 top 3. I'm glad it worked out for you...I knew that team was young and would be good for the next owner moving forward, esp with those 1st round picks...

Enjoy!
Your welcome too, I'm the owner that gave up the 4 1st rounders for SJax! :oops:

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:31 pm

chiefs_fan4life_2 wrote:

Enjoy!
I'm sorry you had to leave. It is a fun team to play and rebuild. I'm so happy I sat on those picks right now. You did a great job getting all of those picks.

chiefs_fan4life_2
Starter
Starter

Postby chiefs_fan4life_2 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:26 pm

grimace wrote:
chiefs_fan4life_2 wrote:

Enjoy!
I'm sorry you had to leave. It is a fun team to play and rebuild. I'm so happy I sat on those picks right now. You did a great job getting all of those picks.

Yeah, I got blasted by a couple of people on a couple of those trades to acquire those picks but it seems to have worked out...
1 QB, 5 (RB-WR-TE), PK, 3 DE/DT, 3 LB, 3 CB/S
standard scoring w/ppr

QB- Palmer, Cassel, Dalton(r), Mallett(r), Collins
RB-
WR- Fitz, Marshall, Nicks, Crabtree, SJohnson, Gibson, Burton(r), Roberts, Randle El, Cruz
TE- Davis, Cook
PK- Nedney
DE/DT- Cole, Umenyiora, Biermann, Gregg, Liuget(r), Coleman
LB- Mayo, Ruud, Lofton, Houston(r), TDavis, English
CB/S- Branch, Verner, Chung, Barber, Fletcher, Greene, Gregory, ABerry, Peterson(r)

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:45 am

Steelersfan wrote:
chiefs_fan4life_2 wrote:

Enjoy!
Your welcome too, I'm the owner that gave up the 4 1st rounders for SJax! :oops:
and then traded SJ and Marshall for Turner and Colston....loving it. :D

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:46 am

chiefs_fan4life_2 wrote:
grimace wrote:
chiefs_fan4life_2 wrote:

Enjoy!

Yeah, I got blasted by a couple of people on a couple of those trades to acquire those picks but it seems to have worked out...

Me, :lol: . Looks like it didnt work out for him in the playoffs...but its nice to be competing while you're rebuilding i guess.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:46 am

princevincexoxo wrote:
Me, :lol: . Looks like it didnt work out for him in the playoffs...but its nice to be competing while you're rebuilding i guess.
the best type of season :) (other than winning it all) with all my rookies, i wasnt expected to compete yet ended up with my 2nd best record ever.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:53 am

princevincexoxo wrote:
chiefs_fan4life_2 wrote:
grimace wrote: I'm sorry you had to leave. It is a fun team to play and rebuild. I'm so happy I sat on those picks right now. You did a great job getting all of those picks.

We didn't even expect to make the playoffs, its a confidence builder for a young team like mine. Next year watch out. :P