SEA Not Committing to Rawls? Deserving of Dynasty RB9 Rank?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Where do you rank Thomas Rawls?

RB 1-10
24%
RB 10-20
53%
RB 20-30
18%
RB 30+
5%

Total votes: 251

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Re: SEA Not Committing to Rawls? Deserving of Dynasty RB9 Ra

Postby Litesout13 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:38 am

Hawks Nest 12th Man wrote:
Litesout13 wrote:Everything I have read is that Rawls is their guy and he should be ready to roll for training camp
Prosise = F Jax
Collins = Michaels
Rawls = starter * unless ankle issue * then its committee 1st - 2nd Michael/Collins and 3rd down / Receiver CJ.

What Lynch pulled before Viking playoff games basically shut door with Hawks. He took 1st team reps all week then decided not to get on plane.

These are my personal opinions take with grain of salt. Thx!
This is basically how I see it. I think Rawls can be a 3 down guy for the most part, but if anyone will spell him on passing downs its Prosise. Collins would be the new starter if Rawls goes down.

But Rawls will be their workhorse if he is healthy
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:34 pm

Oh the intrigue that is the Seattle RB corps!!!
(Rotoworld) Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell indicated Christine Michael's maturity has improved. Analysis: Bevell went so far as to praise Michael's leadership skills, calling him "kind of the leader in the (running back) group now." With Thomas Rawls (ankle) on active/PUP, Michael is soaking up first-team reps ahead of C.J. Prosise, Alex Collins, and Zac Brooks. Michael is still not a lock to make the roster, but he should have a spot if he keeps his head on straight on and off the field.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:51 pm

As little as I think of Christine, I just got him as a mandatory throw in on a trade. Might hold him now, as I was going to just drop him. Gave Sims for 2017 2nd, 2017 3rd, and Christine. I already have Rawls and Collins, so it makes sense. Almost guarantees me the Sea starter, sans Procise.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:09 pm

Friction wrote:As little as I think of Christine, I just got him as a mandatory throw in on a trade. Might hold him now, as I was going to just drop him. Gave Sims for 2017 2nd, 2017 3rd, and Christine. I already have Rawls and Collins, so it makes sense. Almost guarantees me the Sea starter, sans Procise.
Not to mention outside of speculation on who, the NFL being what it is and injuries being guaranteed you may have multiple starters throughout the season in them. Or the worst case scenario, they all stay healthy and all form a monster NE style committee

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:31 pm

This is what kills me about fantasy! I understand that I was on one side of the fence on this, but people are still insisting that Rawls WILL be the guy this year with such certainty! I am not speaking about people on the forums who have adjusted expectations, this is "experts" being paid to talk on TV and beat writers and everything else.

This is what happens when people attach themselves to something and then cannot let it go. I have been saying all through this post that the NFL will 'better-deal' you for the bigger, faster, stronger model if they can. They always will. (Do not bring up blue chip studs like Jamal Charles or McCoy, this does not apply to them). Not saying Michael is some big longterm answer but people are so attached to Rawls. Every year a person like Rawls breaks out--Zac Stacy, Forsett, CJ Anderson, Tre Mason, they all had their big breakout in the right moment and then the market drastically overreacted and overcorrected and got burned by them.

Two weeks ago it was "(Rotoworld) The Seattle Times' Bob Condotta says it's "never been in dispute" that Thomas Rawls (ankle) is the Seahawks' starter "when healthy."" Now I'm watching Fantasy Live and they say 100% Rawls is the guy to own this year. While I do have Michael, I am not rushing out to buy anyone in this backfield, wouldn't trade for Michael if I didn't have him so this isn't about being biased. People got so attached to Rawls! He's a physical, scrappy back with nice jump cuts but man, people need to let it go! The elite price window is gone and reality is coming knocking.

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:55 pm

_yeti wrote:This is what kills me about fantasy! I understand that I was on one side of the fence on this, but people are still insisting that Rawls WILL be the guy this year with such certainty! I am not speaking about people on the forums who have adjusted expectations, this is "experts" being paid to talk on TV and beat writers and everything else.

This is what happens when people attach themselves to something and then cannot let it go. I have been saying all through this post that the NFL will 'better-deal' you for the bigger, faster, stronger model if they can. They always will. (Do not bring up blue chip studs like Jamal Charles or McCoy, this does not apply to them). Not saying Michael is some big longterm answer but people are so attached to Rawls. Every year a person like Rawls breaks out--Zac Stacy, Forsett, CJ Anderson, Tre Mason, they all had their big breakout in the right moment and then the market drastically overreacted and overcorrected and got burned by them.

Two weeks ago it was "(Rotoworld) The Seattle Times' Bob Condotta says it's "never been in dispute" that Thomas Rawls (ankle) is the Seahawks' starter "when healthy."" Now I'm watching Fantasy Live and they say 100% Rawls is the guy to own this year. While I do have Michael, I am not rushing out to buy anyone in this backfield, wouldn't trade for Michael if I didn't have him so this isn't about being biased. People got so attached to Rawls! He's a physical, scrappy back with nice jump cuts but man, people need to let it go! The elite price window is gone and reality is coming knocking.
Lol im confused on who you would like everyone to get this news from? If not from the coaches, or the reports coming from people close to the organization, then who??

Maybe if there were conflicting reports, but everything I have read has been in support of Rawls. They just dont want to rush him back and risk another injury. The people advocating that Rawls is at risk of losing his spot are doing so based solely off theory. Mainly the theory that because they drafted RBs that they arent happy with Rawls or are ready to move on. When history has shown, this is what they do. They load up their RB core and this offseason they happen to need to fill multiple spots on the roster.

Sounds like you are upset because someone wont trade you Rawls at a discount...
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:38 pm

I think the big problem is the source - Fantasy Live.

I've had it on in the background many times (I don't really watch TV and I tend to have NFL Network on in the background while I do other things).

I don't think I have ever heard these guys say something that made me think - "Hm, that is a good point."

Fantasy Live is made for very casual fantasy players. Not the type of fantasy players that post on these boards. They just regurgitate the obvious and popular opinions. They almost never bring anything meaningful to the table for someone who is an experienced fantasy football player.

With that said - if all Seattle RBs were on an equal cost playing field; I agree that Rawls is still the guy and has the best chance of posting the best numbers of the RBs in that backfield. But, I still wouldn't go near him at his price and I think people need to tamper the expectations on where to rank him overall. I would rather pay the low cost on a guy like CMike or Collins if I were looking to have any stake in this backfield. I think people need to back away from the idea of Rawls being a bell-cow and realize he could be a guy to get 60% of the touches or a little less. Caroll himself has said that the backfield will be a 1-2 punch.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Litesout13 wrote:
_yeti wrote:This is what kills me about fantasy! I understand that I was on one side of the fence on this, but people are still insisting that Rawls WILL be the guy this year with such certainty! I am not speaking about people on the forums who have adjusted expectations, this is "experts" being paid to talk on TV and beat writers and everything else.

Lol im confused on who you would like everyone to get this news from? If not from the coaches, or the reports coming from people close to the organization, then who??

Maybe if there were conflicting reports, but everything I have read has been in support of Rawls. They just dont want to rush him back and risk another injury. The people advocating that Rawls is at risk of losing his spot are doing so based solely off theory. Mainly the theory that because they drafted RBs that they arent happy with Rawls or are ready to move on. When history has shown, this is what they do. They load up their RB core and this offseason they happen to need to fill multiple spots on the roster.

What history has shown :lol:

They have had Marshawn Lynch for the entire tenure of this staff! That's like basing what history has shown thr Vikings do, solely off of what they have done while they have had AP. Us saying he is at risk being "theory" is literally what we do in every post here. Everything is a theory when trying to predict the future and all the moving parts of the NFL. There is either the past or theory. Some people are right more than others, this is what we do here. I like how you said who should we listen to if not the coaches, when the coaches have been talking up CMike but everyone's feelings have been hurt by CMike not progressing on their timeline so that can't be true but Rawls talk must be. Newspaper beat writers are literally only reliable because they are there all the time, most never played or have been around high level football in any capacity other than journalist, so no, I don't just trust their opinions without looking deeper. They can be helpful bc they do have in depth info but as far as predictions they are basically laymen who have a platform for their opinions.

As far as me "sounding bitter I can't get him at a discount" are you kidding me? I started this thread in February well before the draft and when people were turning down firsts for Rawls and have about 10 pages of actual substantive opinion in this post so um, no.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:45 pm

Phaded wrote:I think the big problem is the source - Fantasy Live.

I've had it on in the background many times (I don't really watch TV and I tend to have NFL Network on in the background while I do other things).

I don't think I have ever heard these guys say something that made me think - "Hm, that is a good point."

Fantasy Live is made for very casual fantasy players. Not the type of fantasy players that post on these boards. They just regurgitate the obvious and popular opinions. They almost never bring anything meaningful to the table for someone who is an experienced fantasy football player.

With that said - if all Seattle RBs were on an equal cost playing field; I agree that Rawls is still the guy and has the best chance of posting the best numbers of the RBs in that backfield. But, I still wouldn't go near him at his price and I think people need to tamper the expectations on where to rank him overall. I would rather pay the low cost on a guy like CMike or Collins if I were looking to have any stake in this backfield. I think people need to back away from the idea of Rawls being a bell-cow and realize he could be a guy to get 60% of the touches or a little less. Caroll himself has said that the backfield will be a 1-2 punch.
I hear you. Not just that one source, was more using it as an example but I agree it is aimed at the casual redraft player. Still though, projecting the full season or even moreso past this season the hype on Rawls went crazy. The original post was RB9 for dynasty specifically was crazy talk and that this inevitable replacement was coming. This is actually sooner and more adversary for him than I even expected. Mainly just posted today to say that once people attach to something they really need to get it nailed down that the opposite has happened or they will stick to it til death

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:51 pm

Are you trying to bait someone into bringing up DGB?

I kid, I kid!!!!

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:

Are you trying to bait someone into bringing up DGB?

I kid, I kid!!!!
DGB will have ARob prices next year! Yup still believe it and I am doubling down! Was I wrong that the Titans would figure out how to use him (It's simple) and yes I was. I was wrong about that, and I readily admit that. Still took him in redraft after the trade. He's in a better situation now and if anything this drives home the point that elite athletes with size will be produce more longterm than overachieving UDFA little guys! Rawls is smaller and slow. He will be better dealt. People are sleeping on DGB, you can't replace that skill set and when it takes off everyone will be like wow, I could have had him for cheap!

Could have gotten DGB and a second or first for Rawls this winter! Omg in 3 years when Rawls is 3rd string somewhere and DGB is a top 15 WR that will be something to look back on

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:14 pm

^ Rawls ever being a top 10 ranked RB in dynasty is just short sighted. Too many variables there for him to ever get that ranking, add to the top of that his durability concerns.

It seems like DGB is the guy you are attached to and can't let go. You're going to have to hold a long time because that Eagles offense is going to be a sh1t show with Wentz for a while. Maybe the situation is a slight upgrade, but the QB is a big downgrade.

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:39 pm

_yeti wrote:
Litesout13 wrote:

What history has shown :lol:

They have had Marshawn Lynch for the entire tenure of this staff! That's like basing what history has shown thr Vikings do, solely off of what they have done while they have had AP. Us saying he is at risk being "theory" is literally what we do in every post here. Everything is a theory when trying to predict the future and all the moving parts of the NFL. There is either the past or theory. Some people are right more than others, this is what we do here. I like how you said who should we listen to if not the coaches, when the coaches have been talking up CMike but everyone's feelings have been hurt by CMike not progressing on their timeline so that can't be true but Rawls talk must be. Newspaper beat writers are literally only reliable because they are there all the time, most never played or have been around high level football in any capacity other than journalist, so no, I don't just trust their opinions without looking deeper. They can be helpful bc they do have in depth info but as far as predictions they are basically laymen who have a platform for their opinions.

As far as me "sounding bitter I can't get him at a discount" are you kidding me? I started this thread in February well before the draft and when people were turning down firsts for Rawls and have about 10 pages of actual substantive opinion in this post so um, no.
History has shown, that even with a stud like Lynch, they still grabbed RBs in the draft and in free agency. Michael, Ware, Turbin, and Jackson were all acquired during his tenure for depth and insurance mainly. Not saying Rawls will be or is Lynch by any means. But people keep trying to pump their offseason moves as a precursor to Rawls being dethroned as their #1 RB, despite EVERYTHING being said to the contrary.

npainter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby npainter » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:54 pm

Maybe I own too many shares of Rawls to be unbiased but this thought that he is not deserving of being a top 10 dynasty RB right now is absurd. He has shown the potential/ability to be a workhorse in a league of specialists. Seattle wants to continue with the running game because it will allow Wilson to be at his best. Seattle ran the ball 500 times last season and 525 in 2014. After removing Wilson's carries is becomes 397 and 407 respectively. Rawls is going to get 225 to 250 of these carries, Michael 100, and the balance spread amongst the other backs and trick plays. Do you know what 250 carries for 1100 yds with 9 TD with limited receptions will get you? A top 10 finish in STD scoring and top 12 finish in PPR?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:14 pm

Rawls has six career games where he had 15 carries or more.

He has flashed in an incredibly small sample size - but to say that he has shown the ability to be a workhorse is clearly biased and short sighted.

There is a long list of RBs who have flashed in a six game sample size as well.

250-1100-9 + is quite the optimistic projection for Rawls. Good luck with that.

Then again, maybe 75% of us are "absurd".