Crabtree now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Crabtree now?

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:32 pm

So, just curious...

Are all you Crabtree owners, who were hoping he burned in hell during his holdout, happy with him now?
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Re: Crabtree now?

Postby BradyT » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:42 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:So, just curious...

Are all you Crabtree owners, who were hoping he burned in hell during his holdout, happy with him now?
I was happy with him all along! Holdouts are a part of the business.. it doesn´t take anything away from his tremendous talent!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:11 pm

BradyT wrote:

I was happy with him all along! Holdouts are a part of the business.. it doesn´t take anything away from his tremendous talent!
I hear you Brady. But, there were an awful lot of people here that were talking pretty negatively about him just 5 weeks ago or so. I think he's shown why he was the #1 WR in this draft.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:25 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:
BradyT wrote:

I hear you Brady. But, there were an awful lot of people here that were talking pretty negatively about him just 5 weeks ago or so. I think he's shown why he was the #1 WR in this draft.
what happened to DHB btw...haven´t heard much lately... :twisted:

Al Davis is such a moron, making this move back in april... just ridiculous!!!

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:15 pm

BradyT wrote:

I agree. The only thing that does take away from his production is the shoddy offense/QB play. 4-77-1 is not a bad day, and it beats Roy Williams on my team who was shut out today (too bad I had Crab on bench and Roy in lineup). Romo is also a bum.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Misfit74 wrote:Romo is also a bum.
A bit off topic, but his passing yards rank 7th in the league with a 2:1 TD/INT ratio. The only bum I see in that offense is Roy Williams.

As to Crabtree, I don't recall ever saying anything other than he and Maclin were neck and neck at the top of this class and that I felt a holdover to the 2010 draft would be a foolish mistake.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:03 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:
BradyT wrote:

Crabtree has done better than expected after his hold out but considering his numbers thus far I'm not ready to say he is the best WR in the '09 draft quite yet.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:19 pm

I remember post after post in here by people saying they wanted to trade him away because he was a bum and such.

Crabtree was the consensus #1 WR in the last draft and he's done nothing but prove why that was the case. He hardly worked with his team and he was the best WR on it from day one.

The guy is a straight up beast and he'll be a top 10 dynasty WR going into next season. That's my prediction.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:33 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:I remember post after post in here by people saying they wanted to trade him away because he was a bum and such.

Crabtree was the consensus #1 WR in the last draft and he's done nothing but prove why that was the case. He hardly worked with his team and he was the best WR on it from day one.

The guy is a straight up beast and he'll be a top 10 dynasty WR going into next season. That's my prediction.
Thats why I have ranked him close to the top 10 in my latest WR rankings...Assuming you´re right on this one.. which I think you are... ranking Crabtree that "high"(actually only #17) wasn´t hat much off.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:59 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:I remember post after post in here by people saying they wanted to trade him away because he was a bum and such.

I agree that Crabtree was the best WR in the last draft class but his numbers don't prove what you are preaching. There are a lot of other very talented WR's from the same class that have done well so far.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:59 pm

I think there are 2 separate issues going on here causing confusion, as most people here had him as the consensus #1 WR in the draft class, the negativity towards him came with the off the field issues, holdout, attitude, etc. I think most people felt he would produce whenever he signed, its just that there were fears he would sit out a full year, possibly re-enter the draft pushing back his timetable by at least a year. Recent examples of players sitting out for a full year such as Mike Williams and Maurice Clarett were cause for at least some concern regarding Crabtree, among other things. He's definitely shown good progress for the short time he's been with the 49ers though, and should improve next year after a full training camp with the 49ers.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Steelersfan wrote:

I agree that Crabtree was the best WR in the last draft class but his numbers don't prove what you are preaching. There are a lot of other very talented WR's from the same class that have done well so far.
I agree. Crabtree has been fine and a startable WR, but the same can be said for several in this draft class. He isn't the runaway favorite and he has to jump past a number of WRs to be considered a top 10.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dmacizdman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dmacizdman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:29 am

considering he missed all of training camp and the first half of the season, averaging 58 yards and close to 5 receptions a game is pretty damn good. i think he could be better if they had a better qb. i'm not high on smith or hill.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:15 am

i always said he had talent, but i didnt like his attitude, or his holdout. i also stated that the smartest thing for him to do was sign... sitting out a season would have ruined his career.

is he the best player? no, i still have wells and moreno ranked above him... how about my boy percy harvin?
Last edited by thewhyterabbit on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:15 am

dmacizdman wrote:considering he missed all of training camp and the first half of the season, averaging 58 yards and close to 5 receptions a game is pretty damn good. i think he could be better if they had a better qb. i'm not high on smith or hill.
Exactly!

And, it's not just the numbers that he's putting up since the moment he put on 49ers' cleats, it's the way he plays.

I would trade any WR in this class for him straight up if I wasn't in the midst of a play off run and needed Harvin for that or something. But, the beauty of it is that if you have Harvin, you could get Crabtree plus a bit more for him.

From the little I've already seen of him in the NFL combined with his film from college, I have no doubt that he's going to be a regular pro bowler. That's saying a lot since he's also in the same conference as Fitz, Boldin, Calvin, Colston, Jennings and White.