Tavon Austin

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Titanium Miss
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Tavon Austin

Postby Titanium Miss » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:51 am

What would you say is the value of Tavon Austin in picks ? And What would you buy him for ?
Thanks !

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Tavon Austin

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:32 am

Late 2nd would be fair value. I love the guy, but not sure if he'll every fully translate.

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:34 am

Big fan of his skill set but will probably never invest in him for fantasy. These smaller, quick, gadget players typically do not provide much in fantasy, particularly on a consistent basis.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:09 pm

I'd probably give a mid 2nd for him. Obviously his upside is somewhat capped and you need to manufacture touches for him, but he is a FA after 2016 and I think his outlook improves with most possible landing spots.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:22 pm

If someone offered me a mid to late 2nd I'd probably take it.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Unless this is IDP mid-to-late 2nds are close to worthless. Austin is easily worth more than that. If you look back at the last 10 years even early 2nds aren't worth a lot but there are some hits. I'd put his value close to that.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:27 pm

I'd buy for a mid 2nd and sell for a late 1st if I liked someone still available in a draft. Austin was a high end wr3 this past year on only 87 targets. If he ever becomes more involved as a wr he'll offer wr2 #'s imo, he's deadly with the ball in his hands.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:35 am

voiceofunreason wrote:Unless this is IDP mid-to-late 2nds are close to worthless. Austin is easily worth more than that. If you look back at the last 10 years even early 2nds aren't worth a lot but there are some hits. I'd put his value close to that.
Sure I would want a 1st and I think his value is probably a late 1st. But there isn't anybody going to be willing to pay that. Thus why I would take what I could get if I was selling. I'd sell for a 2nd, hold if the best offer is a 3rd or less, pray to the angels if someone actually would offer a 1st. In the league below I'm holding just to see if he's turned a corner, I have held on to him since his rookie year after all.

Titanium Miss
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Titanium Miss » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:22 am

Bonscott i see in that team that you are also an owner of Jaelen strong - can you tell me your thoughts on him ? Even as a comparison to Austin? ( maybe I should make a diff thread not sure ). Thanks

Thank you for the replies :)

Monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Monkey » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:54 pm

I'd buy for late 2nd, sell for early 2nd or better. I'd need to have someone I had in mind to sell for that intrigued me at that range though, like Lockett or Dorsett from last year. Seems like he's getting the hang of things in the NFL, could continue to improve in his contract year and then test the waters in free agency and go play for a team that will use him.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Titanium Miss wrote:Bonscott i see in that team that you are also an owner of Jaelen strong - can you tell me your thoughts on him ? Even as a comparison to Austin? ( maybe I should make a diff thread not sure ). Thanks

Thank you for the replies :)
Love me some Strong. Austin unfortunately is kinda what he is and I think he has a decent ceiling in the right offense and a coach that will use him properly. He could be something great but I don't think he ever will be. But this year has been encouraging for sure. Strong I think has a *lot* of upside and I love what I've seen when he's given a chance. I think both he and Parker are on a similar track with Strong a bit behind now due to not much usage so far.

Bo Jackson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bo Jackson » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:25 pm

I'm pretty stacked at WR's, but I'm still going to hold on to him. 2016 is his contract year. There is always a chance an offensive genius will take him as a FA and turn him into a stud(Please Patriots!) lol
12 Team PPR - The NorCal Hoe Down - 30 Man Roster - QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex, TE, K, 2LB, 2CB, S, DL, Def Flex
QB: Carr, Goff
RB: Ezekiel, M Gordon, Freeman, Crowell,J Jackson, B Scott
WR: B Cooks, K Allen, AROB, A Cooper, S Watkins, DJ Moore, C Coleman, T Austin, T Quinn, C Williams, R Switzer
TE: Ertz, ASJ
LB: Z Brown, D Jones, M Jack, Schobert
CB: Slay
S: Adams
DL: Clowney, Hunter
Picks- 2019- 2-1rst 3-2nds, 2020- 3-1rst 2-2nds

Scorpio78
Captain
Captain

Postby Scorpio78 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:04 pm

JiggaReed wrote:I'm pretty stacked at WR's, but I'm still going to hold on to him. 2016 is his contract year. There is always a chance an offensive genius will take him as a FA and turn him into a stud(Please Patriots!) lol
I was thinking Tavon to the Pats as well...he would make so much sense for them in that Welker/Edelman role. I actually wouldn't bet against this happening. Tavon to the Cards would be the next best thing.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:15 pm

Tavon to the Giants to be Mcadoo's Randall Cobb/Philbin's Jarvis Landry makes a ton of sense to me. With Cruz probably cut and Randle a free agent, gonna need more depth than OBJ and Dwayne Harris.

Bo Jackson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bo Jackson » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Anywhere with a good QB and offensive coordinator should work out good for him. If he goes to the Bills I'm cutting him
12 Team PPR - The NorCal Hoe Down - 30 Man Roster - QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex, TE, K, 2LB, 2CB, S, DL, Def Flex
QB: Carr, Goff
RB: Ezekiel, M Gordon, Freeman, Crowell,J Jackson, B Scott
WR: B Cooks, K Allen, AROB, A Cooper, S Watkins, DJ Moore, C Coleman, T Austin, T Quinn, C Williams, R Switzer
TE: Ertz, ASJ
LB: Z Brown, D Jones, M Jack, Schobert
CB: Slay
S: Adams
DL: Clowney, Hunter
Picks- 2019- 2-1rst 3-2nds, 2020- 3-1rst 2-2nds