Josh Gordon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby Phaded » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:11 pm

Friction wrote:Sorry, but I just do not understand how this can be real. In patient for WEED? There has to be more to it. Weed is neither physically addictive nor do you suffer from any type of withdrawal symptoms (besides mental). Hopefully it is to cure he self-destructive and addictive BEHAVIOR, which would make some sense I guess. Weed is just not a drug/substance that requires this large of a rehabilitation process, compared to real threatening vices people have. Heck, alcohol and gambling are far worse, though in Gordon's case I suppose the 'dro has caused plenty of damage to his life. I am more bewildered by the opportunity squandered by this young man.
Anything can be addictive; regardless of what you have read or heard.
I'm not exclusively saying substances and drugs; literally, anything.

Human psychology can become dependent on just about anything depending on the mentality of an individual.

snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Postby snitchinsider » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:12 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
heyfeefellskee wrote:

Let me get this straight--you think he's a moron because he's voluntarily stepping away from the NFL and checking himself into a rehab facility?

Yeah, people that realize they have a problem and take steps to fix it before it gets worse sure are idiots! :roll:

I guess he's the first person in history who has a dangerous addiction to weed lol

We're not talking about heroin here, we're talking about Marijuana which has been scientifically proven to not be addictive.

Josh Gordon is addicted to making horrible decisions.
His problem might be alcohol, not marijuana. Not sure. But his DUI doesn't paint a good picture in that regard. That's way more significant to me than any marijuana test he failed.
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
1standgoal wrote:Oh but he's a young man that can turn his Life around.

Michael Irvin!!! Chris Carter!!! MICHAEL IRVIN!!!

HOLD/BUYLOW/HOLD/BUYLOW

"You held him this long might as well....enjoy the ride"

Fast forward to 2017 offseason:

"Gordon was the WR1 four years ago, he still has a lot of upside! I'm holding!"

Did you see that Instagram workout video he posted????

Dude literally has a Peyton Manning level work ethic!!!

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:15 pm

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:17 pm

Fantasy football and jokes be damned -- this is cause to celebrate. What an intensely difficult decision to make...

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Phaded wrote:
Friction wrote:Sorry, but I just do not understand how this can be real. In patient for WEED? There has to be more to it. Weed is neither physically addictive nor do you suffer from any type of withdrawal symptoms (besides mental). Hopefully it is to cure he self-destructive and addictive BEHAVIOR, which would make some sense I guess. Weed is just not a drug/substance that requires this large of a rehabilitation process, compared to real threatening vices people have. Heck, alcohol and gambling are far worse, though in Gordon's case I suppose the 'dro has caused plenty of damage to his life. I am more bewildered by the opportunity squandered by this young man.
Anything can be addictive; regardless of what you have read or heard.
I'm not exclusively saying substances and drugs; literally, anything.

Human psychology can become dependent on just about anything depending on the mentality of an individual.
No, I agree it is 100% mentally addictive and that is not from "reading" or "hearing", that is from personal experience with it. Yes, it is the individual and a person like JG would be addicted (mentally) to something as simple as Doritos and not be able to stop themselves. Mentally weak individuals just cannot control compulsive behaviors. The only reason I call this particular behavior of his compulsive, again as I think weed is far better than things such as alcohol, is due to the fact he just cannot stop in exchange for all the things he is giving up now. Though, i do not want to beat this dead horse anymore. He just better thank himself he is not addicted to something really hard to kick such as heroine or pharmaceuticals.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:20 pm

Go get Ricardo Louis.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

myth010
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby myth010 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:23 pm

Good for him that he is checking into rehab but did he have to wait till his suspension was almost complete to make that decision.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:26 pm

I'll stop the rain for a minute.

For Gordon owners, the positives:

-He's making the biggest move to turn his life around by entering rehab.
-Adam Schefter and the Browns beat writer are reporting that Gordon likely will not play for the Browns next season.
-Gordon going to a better situation could have some off-field benefits, in addition to a possible career turnaround.

I think his best days are behind him, but those are the bright spots I can find.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:27 pm

myth010 wrote:Good for him that he is checking into rehab but did he have to wait till his suspension was almost complete to make that decision.
This is the part that smells funny to me. I am going to go out on a limb here and say there is more to it than just a personal decision. Too much coincidental timing and such. If I had to wager, a lot of the above posts are spot on in regards to PR move, the BRowns, saving face, etc. More will come out in the next few days.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:34 pm

The fantasy world is in a feeding frenzy over this announcement, however Gordon could have done this at any time over the the last year plus....To me, the real story is what precipitated him checking into rehab NOW. My guess is we will find out in the next few days/weeks....and it won't be good.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:46 pm

dm1129 wrote:The fantasy world is in a feeding frenzy over this announcement, however Gordon could have done this at any time over the the last year plus....To me, the real story is what precipitated him checking into rehab NOW. My guess is we will find out in the next few days/weeks....and it won't be good.
Maybe Codeine?

Remember his positive test for codeine that was a result of "cough syrup" because he had the flu or something?

Hilarious in hindsight that his owner's were insistent on believing that horseshit story his agent fed the world

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:56 pm

The "I told you so" in this thread is unbearable. Get off your high horse. Congratulations on being right. Get over yourselves.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:00 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
heyfeefellskee wrote:

Let me get this straight--you think he's a moron because he's voluntarily stepping away from the NFL and checking himself into a rehab facility?

Yeah, people that realize they have a problem and take steps to fix it before it gets worse sure are idiots! :roll:

I guess he's the first person in history who has a dangerous addiction to weed lol

We're not talking about heroin here, we're talking about Marijuana which has been scientifically proven to not be addictive.

Josh Gordon is addicted to making horrible decisions.
Just like you are addicted to making anonymous posts on an internet forum to bad mouth people who might be trying to put their lives together.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

joedirte
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby joedirte » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:02 pm

So how deep do your rosters need to be to hold him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk