Josh Gordon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:54 am

that... really is baffling
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:30 pm

as an aside, congrats to Josh Gordon, now officially a daddy of a 1 year old baby girl, pink champagne for everyone {except Josh himself of course!}

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:08 pm

Good franchises would not take a chance on him at this point, it's why they are successful franchises. A lowly team would not say, hey, he faked his way out of Cleveland to get out of their losing ways. There is no way he will do that to us too. Let's sign him.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:37 pm

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:35 am

According to Ian Rapoport: Josh Gordon entered rehab after a recent "slip-up".

Shocking

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:36 am

He's worth about the same as Justin Blackmon if this recent report is true.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:59 am

slaughterrt wrote:According to Ian Rapoport: Josh Gordon entered rehab after a recent "slip-up".

Shocking
Entering rehab due to issues with alcohol. Not surprising given that has been his primary issue off the field.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:08 am

Sad. Worst thing is my Josh Gordon addiction. Still can't bring myself to drop him! ($1 player on 25 man roster. No one I can add that has the potential to be a difference maker at this point...)

At least this slip-up was for alcohol and not pot? Maybe that's somehow a good thing? I hope for the best for him. I know hes a knucklehead but he still seems like a better guy than the Justin Blackmon's and Jonny Manziels of the world.

As for football, hopefully this is a sign that he wants to get over his condition, and IF he does, I think some team will still take the chance on him. He is still the same age as Kevin White, no?
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote:He's worth about the same as Justin Blackmon if this recent report is true.
I just traded Martavis Bryant for Josh Gordon. Blackmon isn't trying, Gordon still is, Martavis though? Who knows.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:03 am

Tsunami wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:He's worth about the same as Justin Blackmon if this recent report is true.
I just traded Martavis Bryant for Josh Gordon. Blackmon isn't trying, Gordon still is, Martavis though? Who knows.
Not surprising coming from the Lord Commander of the Josh Gordon fan club.

Why exactly do you think Gordon is trying? Going to rehab is a smart PR move but really doesn't mean he's taking sobriety seriously.

If I would have asked you two weeks ago you would have said that Gordon is working super hard and there is no chance he's using prohibited substances.

At this point I think Gordon has taught us 5 or 6 times over that he isn't trying. If he was trying why wouldn't he had just stopped smoking weed a year ago?

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:05 am

jetsfan5757 wrote:Sad. Worst thing is my Josh Gordon addiction. Still can't bring myself to drop him! ($1 player on 25 man roster. No one I can add that has the potential to be a difference maker at this point...)

At least this slip-up was for alcohol and not pot? Maybe that's somehow a good thing? I hope for the best for him. I know hes a knucklehead but he still seems like a better guy than the Justin Blackmon's and Jonny Manziels of the world.

As for football, hopefully this is a sign that he wants to get over his condition, and IF he does, I think some team will still take the chance on him. He is still the same age as Kevin White, no?
I actually think alcohol being the reason for Gordon checking himself into rehab is much worse. I have always believed the reason for Gordon's problem with marijuana(in terms of being in the NFL) was immaturity. However, with this news it is possible Gordon has always been an alcoholic and after becoming drunk and his decision making impaired, he smoked some weed....Obviously it is pure speculation on my part, but alcohol may have been the real culprit all along. Every time I have heard Gordon speak, he seems intelligent, so this idea that alcoholism was the reason for poor decision making is not far-fetched. Depending on the severity of his alcoholism, this news could be very, very bad.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:55 am

Gordon is an addict. Whether it be marijuana or alcohol or both or something entirely different, he is still choosing those addictions over being a successful football player. He has shown time and time again that his number one priority is NOT football. Hopefully rehab is more than just a ploy to make him look like he is in control. I hope he gets his stuff together, but I don't really expect to see him play another down in the NFL.

He is done. No teams are gonna take his baggage.

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:17 pm

Why are some of you acting like this is going to come down to "a team giving him another shot"? You honestly believe Goodell will reinstate him? He barely let him back in the league this last time.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

joedirte
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby joedirte » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:37 pm

With Gordon out of rehab now is there any chance we see him this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:41 pm

joedirte wrote:With Gordon out of rehab now is there any chance we see him this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No he's indefinitely suspended.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave