Josh Gordon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:49 pm

Sorry everyone. He just buys too damn much, I can't afford lose him as a customer, so I hound him about all the good deals I have. This time it was a bottle of single-malt, aged scotch.

Thedude30
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Thedude30 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:44 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:Sorry everyone. He just buys too damn much, I can't afford lose him as a customer, so I hound him about all the good deals I have. This time it was a bottle of single-malt, aged scotch.
Was it LaPhroaig or Lagavulin?

rewolf399
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby rewolf399 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:53 pm

How many that are still holding onto him are going to try and make a trade to all owners in your league to find out which one hasn't heard the news yet?

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:57 pm

At the same time it is clear that troubled players like Gordon should be downgraded we should also give a slight bump to high integrity players like Larry Fitz.

Thedude30
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Thedude30 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:07 pm

rewolf399 wrote:How many that are still holding onto him are going to try and make a trade to all owners in your league to find out which one hasn't heard the news yet?
A guy I was working a trade with told me today that he almost hit accept last night but decided to wait till morning. Sooooo close.

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:11 pm

rewolf399 wrote:How many that are still holding onto him are going to try and make a trade to all owners in your league to find out which one hasn't heard the news yet?
If you send out trade offers to try and get someone to accept before they know the news......that such a douche move. Be prepared to watch your league dissolve. I'd prefer not to have people like that in my league. Classless.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Breezy12 wrote:
If you send out trade offers to try and get someone to accept before they know the news......that such a douche move. Be prepared to watch your league dissolve. I'd prefer not to have people like that in my league. Classless.

well its buyer beware in the big boy world .. that is the facts of life

that said I posted on the message board of all 3 leagues in which I own gordon that I am done after his latest screw up to make an offer
live by the credo that you can sheer a sheep many times but you get to skin them ONLY once !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

rewolf399
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby rewolf399 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:51 pm

I only ask because I saw a guy on twitter earlier ask if trading Allen Robinson for Josh Gordon was a good deal. We were all like "haven't you heard the news?" We saved him, but wonder how many wont be saved. Yes it is douchy, I agree.

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:08 pm

Love the talent, hate the headache his off the field issues bring. I got out when the getting was good.

Traded him before last years draft in my league for Kenny Stills, the 1.08, 3.04 and 2015 1st (which turned into 1.05)... and when he was due to come back from his suspension this last year I actually had sellers remorse.. Glad I listened to my gut and dealt him, it was only a matter of time

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:38 pm

Aboslute moron. I have to imagine guys like Beckham-Green, Blackmon, Lyerla, etc. are watching their stock plummet around the real league and fantasy leagues. Just wow on this though.

Thedude30
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Thedude30 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:11 pm

samjudd wrote:Love the talent, hate the headache his off the field issues bring. I got out when the getting was good.

Traded him before last years draft in my league for Kenny Stills, the 1.08, 3.04 and 2015 1st (which turned into 1.05)... and when he was due to come back from his suspension this last year I actually had sellers remorse.. Glad I listened to my gut and dealt him, it was only a matter of time
Yeah, I had that gut feeling this offseason, has a bunch of trade feelers out but was too late. Now it's a hold till 2016, because not
Gonna drop.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:44 pm

Ugh! I turned down TY Hilton for him right before his suspension was lifted. I feel awful now and I own him in two leagues....
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:49 pm

Some numb nut just offered Reggie Wayne for Josh Gordon. I know his value isn't what it once was, but he's young and possible moving on to a much better situation.

EDIT: And just saw the news re his latest drug failure. Guess the offer wasn't that bad actually.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:01 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote:Some numb nut just offered Reggie Wayne for Josh Gordon. I know his value isn't what it once was, but he's young and possible moving on to a much better situation.
Yeah, it's called rehab. :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays another down in the league. I wouldn't have traded for him before today, because I knew today would happen. It blows my mind that people didn't see this coming. Lost in the romance of upside. I've never been high on Gordon. He had an amazing year, once, but he doesn't have the head to be consistently great. He doesn't have the passion or dedication to the game. I don't believe in chasing points, and I believe that is what everybody who traded for him post 2013 was doing. I'd try and get some sort of pick for the guy. Honestly, I think he's done. You can go down with the ship, and hope that he pulls it together, but honestly, I think if he were going to, he would have by now. He's just a grade A moron, who happens to be able to run and catch.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:07 am

DJB wrote:Ugh! I turned down TY Hilton for him right before his suspension was lifted. I feel awful now and I own him in two leagues....
How do think I feel.....I turned down OBJ/late 2nd for Gordon a few weeks before his suspension was lifted. Granted OBJ had yet to really do anything at the time, but it makes me sick to my stomach looking back at it.

The main reason I didn't take it is because it was the only share of Gordon that I owned, and I bought him for a late 2nd after the DUI last summer. Felt I was playing with house money with him, so I was in a no lose situation. Well guess what? I lost anyways. lol
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U