Josh Gordon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby breeze » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:27 pm

If you think he is going to stay sober (both alcohol and drugs) for the next 20 months with no slip ups then you are more of a fool than he is. Add in the fact that this time he will not even be allowed in the facility during the suspension. He wasted his talent and you are wasting a roster spot.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Truthfully, I didn't even know alcohol was potential grounds for another suspension, and I was already 100% hands off. WITH alcohol I can't see how anyone could think he could make it. Heck, I don't think I could go a month without booze...social events and activities simply make it a challenge for someone who enjoys it. Gordon has shown he can't even stay away from the easy stuff...he's toast.

Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krang » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:48 pm

On one hand, I hear that he was caught with alcohol in his system and think "So what? He's an adult with every right to drink." On the other hand, he knew that getting caught with it in his system was bad news and he still couldn't stay away. I like a beer as much as the next guy, but if NOT drinking earned me millions of dollars, I think I might manage to avoid it.

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:50 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote:Sent the Gordon owner an offer of 3.7...mostly as payback for all his bad offers...although that might be the best he could get haha.
i don't even think that's a bad offer at this point.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:54 pm

Just remember, past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior. This is making me rethink what I feel about DGB as well. Million dollar talent and 10 cent head.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Yeah this could certainly make me feel gunshy about DGB at 1.5...White might be safer.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:58 pm

You know, maybe we're reacting too quickly to this one. :think:

I'm sure we'll find out about Gordon's appeal soon. I expect it was some form of second-hand exposure, possibly from an open wound. Maybe he innocently inhaled the fumes while cooking up some Chicken Marsala? Probably nothing to see here and he'll be ready to rock come Week 1! :dance:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote:You know, maybe we're reacting too quickly to this one.
i'm sick of his crap.

i'm bumping him down to 1.2 overall in my next startup, behind OBJ.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:05 pm

I can't wait until Gordon comes out and says that he tested postive because he used mouth wash that day or something. Obviously his ridiculously blind owners would buy right into it.

Still a top 3 dynasty asset in my mind though , 1600 YARDS IN 14 GAMES.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:08 pm

obviously the kid is wasting his career but
why would consuming alcohol be a violation of substance abuse policy ( save another alcohol related arrest)

write a sponsership check to the league = alcohol good
or pay $8 for a few beers at a game and get popped ... they don't revoke your season ticket
drink after a dui = suspension of 1 year ..... just moronic that players union would agree to this
add in the fact that a 1 man crime wave like aldon smith played more games than gordon its just idiotic policy
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:14 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:obviously the kid is wasting his career but
why would consuming alcohol be a violation of substance abuse policy ( save another alcohol related arrest)
Every player isn't in it. Only ones that have multiple violations. DUI and multiple failed drug tests put him at this stage. i bet it's more intended to be preventive of future DUIs. Where do these tests take place? Did he drive himself to take this test and then proceed to fail it? And they want everyone to be responsible. They made it clear he couldn't be over the legal limit and he still did it. It sounds harsh but when you think about it, it was like he was on probation and he broke it once again
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:14 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:obviously the kid is wasting his career but

write a sponsership check to the league = alcohol good
or pay $8 for a few beers at a game and get popped ... they don't revoke your season ticket
drink after a dui = suspension of 1 year ..... just moronic that players union would agree to this
add in the fact that a 1 man crime wave like aldon smith played more games than gordon its just idiotic policy
Don't mean to nitpick, but the part I bolded doesn't make sense. As a fan you aren't an employee of the NFL. Not a good comparison.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:34 pm

YusufRafle wrote:Thank god!!! I just traded Josh Gordon & 2.13 for Jordan Matthews & 1.07 in team #2 in sig, 3 days ago. I can't believe my luck!!!!!
I traded him just before his suspension was reduced for Hopkins and what became the 1.03. I've been celebrating all season.

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:39 pm

I traded what turned into the 1.02 for him. Makes me sad very. Very very sad

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:01 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: write a sponsership check to the league = alcohol good
While obviously it is just lip service, alcohol advertisers are required to have their ads mention 'drinking responsibly'. Additionally, condoning a product's use is not the same thing as accepting legal transgressions as a result of that product. I know that you can definitely lose your job as an employee of Miller or Budweiser if you are convicted of DUIs, but the logic of this argument dictates that employees of alcohol producing companies should be immune to alcohol related consequences.

I agree with your last point though. There are players who do worse things that have lesser punishments. Clearly the repeat offender thing plays a role but Smith fits that category. The NFL certainly needs to revise its entire behavioral discipline procedure, not just substance abuse protocol changes when a big substance abuse scandal happens, then changing domestic violence policy when they mishandle a domestic violence scandal etc.

**This thought may be completely wrong/crazy** I wonder if some cases that are objectively worse crimes (violent crimes mainly) are actually not worse PR though - I think people see a guy busted for something they could see happening to them and want him to be punished to the extent that they perceive they would be punished. However a guy is involved in a robbery or something and some fans may think "That's terrible" but as a result of the lack of opportunity for empathy with the situation they are less invested in hoping that guy does not have a chance to use celebrity status to skirt real punishment.