Josh Gordon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby Friction » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:30 am

It's pretty par for the course when somebody knows they failed a piss test or will be getting in trouble for drugs to immediately enter rehab "voluntarily" in hopes that they will look like an innocent addict attempting to get help in order to avoid real punishment. People have been doing this practice for decades and it does work in court, sometimes. Especially if the results of e test have not been discovered yet. It's the whole, "see, I am seeking help and am not a bad person" card.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:20 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote:
skip wrote:
Shoreline Steamers wrote: But I've said it before, likely on this thread. When a player hits the 4-game suspension territory it's time to shop them around. You have to fail/miss/dilute something like 10 tests in the Substances of Abuse program to hit that 4-game threshold. And if you can't pull yourself out of the downward spiral by that point, it's likely not going to happen.
Where are you seeing this about 10 failed tests?
Tried to find the article I was reading a few months ago but couldn't. So I went and did some additional reading. As near as I can tell, you actually reach the 4-game suspension in 5 failed tests. This assumes: (for marijuana - other drugs are different)

1 fail - stage one
2 fail - 3 game fine/stage two
3 fail - 2 game fine
4 fail - 4 game fine
5 fail - 4 game suspension

So I'm remembering incorrectly, it was a hack article, or it's possible to successfully complete stage one of the intervention process without a missed/failed/dilute test and return to "normal" status. Then re-enter stage one with another failed test and start over. However, I don't think that's the case from reading the policy. It looks to me that if you successfully complete stage one and are released, a subsequent failed test takes you right to stage two.

I'm no lawyer though, so I may not be interpreting the policy correctly. Looks like I have to cut that "10 tests" down to five.
Except that most of this doesn't even apply to Gordon. Most of his issues were alcohol related, not marijuana. And i have no idea about the source you were reading but none of that is in the NFL policy.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:48 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:The TSA representative recognized him and decided to check him out??

So you're telling me poor baby Josh Gordon was discriminated against??

This is ridiculous, he's an innocent victim being screwed by the system for the 8th time since entering the league.
How does one become a person who repeatedly posts this vaguely mean-spirited stuff in an Internet forum about a person who will never, ever read it? What has to go wrong in somebody's life for them to do stuff like this?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Sportseditor23
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Sportseditor23 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:01 am

I'LL NEVER QUIT YOU, JOSH!
12 Tm PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE 2 FLX

QB: Brady
RB: Marshawn Lynch, J. White
WR: Evans, Odell, Sammy, Desean
Flex: Funchess, J. Stewart, Gallman
TE: Olsen, ASJ

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:12 am

Here's the story of the incident at the airport:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/browns/story/1 ... s-decision

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:24 am

zeeshan2 wrote:Here's the story of the incident at the airport:

While this may yet be shown to be true, at this time this is the only report of the incident and a couple of other sites had initially re-shared this information. Some of those added sites have subsequently pulled the story, waiting on verification which has yet to come. Considering the report says "one pound" and in the state of Ohio that comes with a year in prison...no one finds it suspicious that there wasn't so much as an arrest?

Let's wait on all the facts before drawing conclusions on what may or may not have happened.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

1standgoal
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 1standgoal » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:59 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: How does one become a person who repeatedly posts this vaguely mean-spirited stuff in an Internet forum about a person who will never, ever read it? What has to go wrong in somebody's life for them to do stuff like this?
Ride Mighty Keyboard Warrior Ride !!

Sounds like you've got a case of the pansie's.

To keep this Relevent: 49ers called this from the jump, and he gets at least a week or two to take his accolades and say what he wants. Don't like it...suck a lemon.
2015 League Champion
12 Team Standard League
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DEF/K

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:17 am

1standgoal wrote:
OhCruelestRanter wrote: How does one become a person who repeatedly posts this vaguely mean-spirited stuff in an Internet forum about a person who will never, ever read it? What has to go wrong in somebody's life for them to do stuff like this?

To keep this Relevent: 49ers called this from the jump, and he gets at least a week or two to take his accolades and say what he wants. Don't like it...suck a lemon.
Of course he gets to say what he wants. I just don't understand what the rest of your life would have to be like for you to want to say the things that he says. I was hoping he'd inform me, that's all.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

1standgoal
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 1standgoal » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:23 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
1standgoal wrote:

Of course he gets to say what he wants. I just don't understand what the rest of your life would have to be like for you to want to say the things that he says. I was hoping he'd inform me, that's all.
I like to imagine a 50 foot yacht with Hookers and Blow, lots of Blow.
2015 League Champion
12 Team Standard League

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:33 am

1standgoal wrote:I like to imagine a 50 foot yacht with Hookers and Blow, lots of Blow.
That would be a delicious irony.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:52 am

TMZ denying the airport incident:
A report that Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon and his posse were stopped by TSA at a Cleveland airport with a pound of weed is completely bogus ... this according to TSA sources.
The original Scout.com report claims Gordon and his security detail were detained at Cleveland Hopkins airport after screeners found the pot in checked baggage. Gordon reportedly denied the pot was his. The report says this was the incident that led to Gordon entering rehab.
But our TSA sources tell us, "The reports you're seeing are totally false."
One highly connected TSA source explains, "Gordon was screened by TSA last night (Thursday) without incident."
The source also says there has been no TSA trouble with Gordon recently. We also spoke with the Cleveland PD which also shot down the report
http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/30/josh-gord ... ugs-found/

Bison
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Bison » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:54 am

skip wrote:
zeeshan2 wrote:Here's the story of the incident at the airport:

While this may yet be shown to be true, at this time this is the only report of the incident and a couple of other sites had initially re-shared this information. Some of those added sites have subsequently pulled the story, waiting on verification which has yet to come. Considering the report says "one pound" and in the state of Ohio that comes with a year in prison...no one finds it suspicious that there wasn't so much as an arrest?

Let's wait on all the facts before drawing conclusions on what may or may not have happened.
Agree on the one pound note. If the story is true, the only thing that makes sense is if his security detail took the whole fall for it. The OBR scout forum has now taken down the story as well until further details emerge. Some reports that the TSA is denying the allegations happened.

This just came out as well.

Mary Kay CabotVerified account
‏@MaryKayCabot
#Browns Hue Jackson says about Josh Gordon: "we're moving on. We need to close that chapter right now.''

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:06 am

Cleveland Police just tweeted that Gordon was NOT arrested at a Cleveland Airport, and wishes him well in recovery. I know the story didn't say he was arrested but I would think the police would be at least notified. Seems it's a rumor.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:06 am

No doubt a shocking development. It was hard to fathom that Josh Gordon would somehow let people (fantasy owners seeking a NFL player) down again. Everyone should continue to be surprised and disappointed like he's actually still a thing.

Like a woman who gets abused but can't quit, many owners will somehow, someway still hold out hope that 'he will change'. Unfortunate. Doesn't deserve your belief or support.

1standgoal
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 1standgoal » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:18 am

FiremanEd wrote:No doubt a shocking development. It was hard to fathom that Josh Gordon would somehow let people (fantasy owners seeking a NFL player) down again. Everyone should continue to be surprised and disappointed like he's actually still a thing.

Like a woman who gets abused but can't quit, many owners will somehow, someway still hold out hope that 'he will change'. Unfortunate. Doesn't deserve your belief or support.

2015 League Champion
12 Team Standard League