Josh Gordon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby zeeshan2 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:33 am

SportsCenter ✔ @SportsCenter
The Browns intend to part ways with suspended WR Josh Gordon. http://es.pn/2ddouGR
12:25 PM - 30 Sep 2016

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:52 am

skip wrote:
Shoreline Steamers wrote: 1 fail - stage one
2 fail - 3 game fine/stage two
3 fail - 2 game fine
4 fail - 4 game fine
5 fail - 4 game suspension
Except that most of this doesn't even apply to Gordon. Most of his issues were alcohol related, not marijuana. And i have no idea about the source you were reading but none of that is in the NFL policy.
Actually, all of what I stated above it taken directly from the NFL's substances of abuse policy. I read it last night. And I realize that in addition to marijuana infractions he's been hit for alcohol and codeine. Alcohol, according to the policy, is not something in and of itself that would cause discipline from the league unless the medical director in charge of a player's treatment program deems it an issue an requires the player to abstain. In Gordon's case it's clear that was a condition of his treatment program.

Under the revised substances of abuse policy, marijuana is treated less harshly than opioids/cocaine/MDMA under its own category.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:57 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
49ersFaithful80 wrote:The TSA representative recognized him and decided to check him out??

So you're telling me poor baby Josh Gordon was discriminated against??

This is ridiculous, he's an innocent victim being screwed by the system for the 8th time since entering the league.
How does one become a person who repeatedly posts this vaguely mean-spirited stuff in an Internet forum about a person who will never, ever read it? What has to go wrong in somebody's life for them to do stuff like this?
I'm a little confused by the question to be honest. Someone has to have a traumatic life event to post about the continued blindness of Gordon owners?

You think I'm posting these things in the hopes that Josh Gordon himself reads them?? No...

This has nothing to do with Gordon himself and everything to do with the vast horde of Gordon fan-boys on this site that spent years trying to wish away the truth about Gordon.

This is me shaming all of his wildly biased owners who put facts to the side and argued that Gordon was a hard worker and was not an idiot.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:08 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote:Actually, all of what I stated above it taken directly from the NFL's substances of abuse policy.
I found it. This is also the modified policy after Gordon was already in stage 2 from violations from the previous policy (I believe that was the one just for drinking with teammates on the plane...pretty sure this wouldn't even fall under the eyes of the new policy). He had a DUI or two, I believe, which is spelled out specifically and Gordon is actually in stage 3, not 2, at this time.

I'm not making excuses for Gordon. He's certainly made some poor choices. But people getting all up in his face as though he's some kind of awful individual is mostly just angry fantasy owners who have been burned at some point over the last few years. And I wager the majority of them have done many of the same things for which Gordon has received his suspensions.

As to what brought Gordon to what has transpired over the last 24 hours...who knows? I have my suspicions, none of which are related to failed tests. Rather than be one of the multitude being so critical, I'd rather be the one applauding him for recognizing his own failures and seeking help - regardless of what his hopeful owners see as poor timing. Chances are quite good his NFL career will be over after this, but hopefully he can salvage his personal life.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:37 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
49ersFaithful80 wrote:The TSA representative recognized him and decided to check him out??

So you're telling me poor baby Josh Gordon was discriminated against??

This is ridiculous, he's an innocent victim being screwed by the system for the 8th time since entering the league.
How does one become a person who repeatedly posts this vaguely mean-spirited stuff in an Internet forum about a person who will never, ever read it? What has to go wrong in somebody's life for them to do stuff like this?
I think he's trying to atone for his very strong Kaep > Cam stance.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:29 pm

skip wrote:
Shoreline Steamers wrote:Actually, all of what I stated above it taken directly from the NFL's substances of abuse policy.
I found it. This is also the modified policy after Gordon was already in stage 2 from violations from the previous policy (I believe that was the one just for drinking with teammates on the plane...pretty sure this wouldn't even fall under the eyes of the new policy). He had a DUI or two, I believe, which is spelled out specifically and Gordon is actually in stage 3, not 2, at this time.

I'm not making excuses for Gordon. He's certainly made some poor choices. But people getting all up in his face as though he's some kind of awful individual is mostly just angry fantasy owners who have been burned at some point over the last few years. And I wager the majority of them have done many of the same things for which Gordon has received his suspensions.

As to what brought Gordon to what has transpired over the last 24 hours...who knows? I have my suspicions, none of which are related to failed tests. Rather than be one of the multitude being so critical, I'd rather be the one applauding him for recognizing his own failures and seeking help - regardless of what his hopeful owners see as poor timing. Chances are quite good his NFL career will be over after this, but hopefully he can salvage his personal life.
I'm in agreement with you Skip, I'm not one of the people trying to vilify the guy either. I think it's sad the path his life has taken. I think a lot of us only wish we were as good at something like sports/music/acting to make a living doing it. He's got the talent but not the head for it. I've been negative on his dynasty value (like Martavis) because it seems that usually people who get deep into the NFL's drug program don't end up having lengthy careers.

As a person, he's doing the right thing. I've no idea what his motivation is regarding the timing of all this and won't speculate. But by going this route instead of trying to get on the field in 2016 I'm not sure he's made it any easier to be reinstated. He's still young though, and maybe Goodell will look favorably on his self-admission should he re-apply in 2017? Assuming he gets the help he needs and puts it together.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:11 pm

Anyone think this may just be a ploy to get out of Cleveland after they suspended him one game to prevent his accruing another year towards free agency?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:25 pm

ericanadian wrote:Anyone think this may just be a ploy to get out of Cleveland after they suspended him one game to prevent his accruing another year towards free agency?
0 chance.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:07 pm

ericanadian wrote:Anyone think this may just be a ploy to get out of Cleveland after they suspended him one game to prevent his accruing another year towards free agency?
Fiendish plot! I could imagine smoking pot on purpose if I knew it would get me out of Cleveland.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:13 pm

If you're correct then he overshot the mark because if it's a ploy he not only go himself out of Cleveland, but likely the NFL.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:15 pm

thebeast wrote:
If you're correct then he overshot the mark because if it's a ploy he not only go himself out of Cleveland, but likely the NFL.
Could be, but teams were still bringing in T-Rich this season, so I'd have to see it to believe it. Assuming he sticks with rehabs for a few months, he also presents a nice story of recovery which NFL teams seem to love.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:20 pm

ericanadian wrote:
thebeast wrote:
Could be, but teams were still bringing in T-Rich this season, so I'd have to see it to believe it. Assuming he sticks with rehabs for a few months, he also presents a nice story of recovery which NFL teams seem to love.
Yes, but TRich didn't have a substance abuse problem. The problem with Gordon is if you count on him, at all, then any big or small plans you make around him can come crashing down unexpectedly regardless of his talent and it no longer seems to be an issue of if, but simply when. TRich, unfortunately, just wasn't talented despite so many people wanting him to be.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Big difference between Gordon and Richardson. Gordon is actually good at football.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:23 pm

Never Veto wrote:Big difference between Gordon and Richardson. Gordon is actually good at football.
*was

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:38 pm

The best part of this is the idea that Josh Gordon was trying to bring a pound of weed from a Cleveland TO CALIFORNIA.

As if the Golden State couldn't compare with that dank Cleveland grass.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF