Re: Josh Gordon

Postby Valhalla » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:20 am

There's no scientific evidence that hot cocoa is better with marshmallows

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:04 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:20 am There's no scientific evidence that hot cocoa is better with marshmallows
My opinion counts as scientific evidence. Hot cocoa IS better with marshmallows.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:08 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:04 am
Valhalla wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:20 am There's no scientific evidence that hot cocoa is better with marshmallows
My opinion counts as scientific evidence. Hot cocoa IS better with marshmallows.
And Bailey's or peppermint schnapp's

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:30 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:08 am
Of course. I was just giving the scientific evaluation based on the factors in the equation you listed before.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:02 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:30 am
Valhalla wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:08 am

Of course. I was just giving the scientific evaluation based on the factors in the equation you listed before.
I think the question at hand in this thread is, at what point in the schnapps/cocoa ratio does the addition of marshmallows become extraneous?

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:17 am

The addition of Schnapps eliminates the need for marshmallows altogether. Independent studies have shown this to be fact.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:32 am

Tsunami wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:07 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:32 pm
Tsunami wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:25 pm So if you're the Browns GM, do you do anything to help Gordon through the offseason? Hire him a sobriety coach? Or keep him busy on Dancing With The Stars? Get him a minor league baseball contract? You have to know that free time is a disaster waiting to happen.
If he's truly serious about staying sober, he should have an extremely intimate relationship with his AA mentor, and there should be a tight triangle network between Gordon, his mentor, and the Browns organization.

All his movements should be accounted for. Every event he attends needs to be approved by his mentor, any vacations carefully planned for, and who he socializes with needs to be scrutinized. If he does all of those things, he will stay sober. Most people aren't willing to subject their lives to such accountability but that's what it takes to beat addiction.
There's no scientific evidence that AA works.
AA didn't work (for me). But I am in a 12-step program that's basically AA on steroids, and I am now sober since May 18, 2016. I never thought that would be possible. So recovery programs do work, I just don't know what program he is in. Hopefully he's not just attending weekly AA meetings. If that's the case then he's not serious.

I'll always be a RECOVERING addict, as it's still a monster that stays looming in the background for sure. But I can honestly say I don't feel a need to use anymore.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:25 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:32 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:32 pm
If he's truly serious about staying sober, he should have an extremely intimate relationship with his AA mentor, and there should be a tight triangle network between Gordon, his mentor, and the Browns organization.

All his movements should be accounted for. Every event he attends needs to be approved by his mentor, any vacations carefully planned for, and who he socializes with needs to be scrutinized. If he does all of those things, he will stay sober. Most people aren't willing to subject their lives to such accountability but that's what it takes to beat addiction.
AA didn't work (for me). But I am in a 12-step program that's basically AA on steroids, and I am now sober since May 18, 2016. I never thought that would be possible. So recovery programs do work, I just don't know what program he is in. Hopefully he's not just attending weekly AA meetings. If that's the case then he's not serious.

I'll always be a RECOVERING addict, as it's still a monster that stays looming in the background for sure. But I can honestly say I don't feel a need to use anymore.
Maybe your addiction to this forum is enough

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:33 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:32 am AA didn't work (for me). But I am in a 12-step program that's basically AA on steroids, and I am now sober since May 18, 2016. I never thought that would be possible. So recovery programs do work, I just don't know what program he is in. Hopefully he's not just attending weekly AA meetings. If that's the case then he's not serious.

That's awesome for you Lukky. Congratulations on your success in recovery. The 12 steps of AA/NA didn't work for me either and as low as the success rate is for addicts who go through the steps of the program, it's even lower for those who don't follow one as you well know. While it wasn't for me, I certainly took some knowledge and tools along with me when I left. I lived in clean and sober transitional houses after a long term rehab program, but what eventually did it for me was an epiphany and the motivation of doing something better for myself. I kept the wrong friends for a long time and the temptation to go back was strong. Eventually I realized my part in all of it and learned that I didn't want to give up the blessings of a clean lifestyle. I made that choice in 2001 and haven't used since and the only friends from those days that I kept around are now clean as well. Just keeping an open mind and heart that he will find his way too.
Last edited by GridironGuerilla on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:02 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:33 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:32 am AA didn't work (for me). But I am in a 12-step program that's basically AA on steroids, and I am now sober since May 18, 2016. I never thought that would be possible. So recovery programs do work, I just don't know what program he is in. Hopefully he's not just attending weekly AA meetings. If that's the case then he's not serious.

That's awesome for you Lukky. Congratulations on your success in recovery. The 12 steps of AA/NA didn't work for me either and as low as the success rate is for addicts who go through the steps of the program, it's even lower for those who don't follow one as you well know. While it wasn't for me, I certainly took some knowledge and tools along with me when I left. I lived in clean and sober transitional houses after a long term rehab program, but what eventually did it for me was an epiphany and the motivation of doing something better for myself. I kept the wrong friends for a long time and the temptation to go back was strong. Eventually I realized my part in all of it and learned that I didn't want to give up the blessings of a clean lifestyle. I made that choice in 2001 and haven't used since and the only friends from those days that I kept around are now clean as well. Just keeping an open mind and heart that he will find his way too.
As someone who suffers from anxiety, some OCD, and other issues, I can't even imagine having addiction problems on top of that. Off-topic from Josh Gordon, but to both of you and anyone else on the forums dealing with that, good job so far and keep fighting the good fight.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:08 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:02 pm As someone who suffers from anxiety, some OCD, and other issues, I can't even imagine having addiction problems on top of that. Off-topic from Josh Gordon, but to both of you and anyone else on the forums dealing with that, good job so far and keep fighting the good fight.
We should hang out and compare issues sometime WWDD Lol

-Booger McFarlland

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:15 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:08 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:02 pm As someone who suffers from anxiety, some OCD, and other issues, I can't even imagine having addiction problems on top of that. Off-topic from Josh Gordon, but to both of you and anyone else on the forums dealing with that, good job so far and keep fighting the good fight.
We should hang out and compare issues sometime WWDD Lol
The amount of venting I could unload onto an internet stranger would fill many books and likely drive you back to your addiction :lol:
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:29 am

joeya2001 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:10 am
There's no scientific evidence that AA doesn't works.
The Handbook of alcoholism treatment approaches: Effective alternatives ranks AA as the 38th most effective treatment out of 48.

Rats that go cold turkey have an increased desire for alcohol: https://link.springer.com/article/10.3758/BF03330642

The National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions shows that people can safely drink moderate amounts after overcoming alcohol addiction.

No experimental studies unequivocally demonstrated the effectiveness of AA or TSF approaches for reducing alcohol dependence or problems.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:44 am

Tsunami wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:29 am
joeya2001 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:10 am
There's no scientific evidence that AA doesn't works.
The Handbook of alcoholism treatment approaches: Effective alternatives ranks AA as the 38th most effective treatment out of 48.

Rats that go cold turkey have an increased desire for alcohol: https://link.springer.com/article/10.3758/BF03330642

The National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions shows that people can safely drink moderate amounts after overcoming alcohol addiction.

No experimental studies unequivocally demonstrated the effectiveness of AA or TSF approaches for reducing alcohol dependence or problems.
Touché!
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:03 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:33 pm

I had quite the epiphany to change my lifestyle years ago too, albeit quite different than yours. Awesome job though, all of you. I lost a LOT of friends to that game (death, prison, etc.) and some of the most "regular" people suffer from it. Or at least ones who were brought up in good environments, no family history, and plenty going for them before they started to spiral.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry