Dynasty rankings for premium members only now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dynasty rankings for premium members only now?

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:47 pm

Went to check out the dynasty rankings here and noticed that they were for premium subscribers only. Was just curious when this happened. I am certainly going to check out the premium services as I have heard plenty of good things.

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Dynasty rankings for premium members only now?

Postby joekool » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:03 pm

That freaking sucks. I was a premium member for a few years but am not anymore and well, doing this wont get me to buy it again.
This just makes me think they are hard-up for funds and are now trying to force people's hands at the expense of alienating people. Unfortunately, I think it was kind of a weak move.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:07 pm

:thumbdown:

Didn't see this one coming...

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

Postby iCantStop » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:08 pm

Had to happen the day after they offered a year of membership at half price, too. Sales would have boomed with those two things coinciding.

As a subscriber, I'm okay with getting the exclusive content as a competitive edge, but DLF is not the only place there is for rankings (though it is the largest composition of rankings from writers that I've found).

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:16 pm

iCantStop wrote:Had to happen the day after they offered a year of membership at half price, too. Sales would have boomed with those two things coinciding.

but DLF is not the only place there is for rankings (though it is the largest composition of rankings from writers that I've found).
Quite true, and frankly I'm less than impressed with the rankings on this site. I understand it's dynasty rankings, but they adjust way too slow for my liking and not all writers give feedback comments on why they rank the player the way they do. If DLF goes to that level of maintaining the rankings, then it might get me to ante up on top of the other content.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:18 pm

slaughterrt wrote:Went to check out the dynasty rankings here and noticed that they were for premium subscribers only. Was just curious when this happened. I am certainly going to check out the premium services as I have heard plenty of good things.

Do it, its totally worth it.

They might even honor that Cyber Monday deal still, I think the FanDuel promo is still on too.

They do a ton of work putting together this site, they have to make money somehow. I'd rather pay a site like this with real people behind it than some company like ESPN. Even $29 a year isn't that bad.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:20 pm

Pay up or shut up. It isn't a lot of money for what DLF provides (especially when they give cheaper options like FanDuel or Black Friday sales), which includes;

Rankings
Content
Podcast
Forum

Nothing happens for free forever, as free isn't a viable business direction. Frankly, I'm happy to get the added insights on people who aren't willing to take the extra step on the hobby. Only increases the value of the subscription to me.

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekool » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:29 pm

Yes, well, my wife is in school full-time and cannot work. So its all on me. And with my daughter's gymnastics and 50 million other bills, we have to cut costs where I can. I was premium for a few years and now I am not and even if its only 15-30 bucks for what they offer, its money I should not be paying. And now since they are moving more and more content to premium, it does not sit well with me. I know they have to earn money for their hard work, good content and to keep the lights on. I get that.
Doesnt mean I have to like it, so saying I should shut up is kinda asinine if you ask me.
They knew there would be some backlash and they could have alerted people, done it after the season, done a special with Black Friday/Cyber Monday, or a number of other ways.
Handled poorly in my humble opinion and I am not the only person grumbling.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:33 pm

ADP is premium too.

Well, there goes the statistical analysis I used to run and share with the forum. It is what it is, I get it, just not a fan personally.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:32 am

Lame

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:57 am

Sorry but you guys sound like bunch of cheap cry babies...its only $10 (see link)

".....If you’re not a subscriber yet and want complete access to everything we offer, just click here. The price for our membership will remain the same and be offered at either $4.99 per month, $29.99 per year or for FREE with a $10 deposit into a new FanDuel account....."

https://www.fanduel.com/dynasty-league- ... 606b_694cc

:boohoo:
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:40 am

I get having articles and pieces with extensive data and/or research moved to premium content, but something like rankings can be awfully subjective. That just seems like one step too much, even if it's a smaller step in the bigger picture.
bcoogan23 wrote:Sorry but you guys sound like bunch of cheap cry babies...its only $10 (see link)

".....If you’re not a subscriber yet and want complete access to everything we offer, just click here. The price for our membership will remain the same and be offered at either $4.99 per month, $29.99 per year or for FREE with a $10 deposit into a new FanDuel account....."

https://www.fanduel.com/dynasty-league- ... 606b_694cc

:boohoo:
Normal subscription is a totally fine business model, but I personally want Z-E-R-O part of DFS!!! :snooty: Their relentless ad campaign is having the opposite of the intended marketing effect on me.
joekool wrote:Yes, well, my wife is in school full-time and cannot work. So its all on me. And with my daughter's gymnastics and 50 million other bills, we have to cut costs where I can. I was premium for a few years and now I am not and even if its only 15-30 bucks for what they offer, its money I should not be paying. And now since they are moving more and more content to premium, it does not sit well with me. I know they have to earn money for their hard work, good content and to keep the lights on. I get that.
Doesnt mean I have to like it, so saying I should shut up is kinda asinine if you ask me.
+1. I refuse my right to be silent, officer:

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:47 am

I think it was a bad move too. I'm a subscriber and the rankings were one of the reasons for which I came to this site. I enjoyed the rankings and the podcast and the forums so then I decided to pony up. But how is someone who is just starting out suppose to get interested in DLF if they can't even see the rankings? I'll continue to be a subscriber but I think it will hurt DLF more in the long run than help them.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:36 am

SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:I think it was a bad move too. I'm a subscriber and the rankings were one of the reasons for which I came to this site. I enjoyed the rankings and the podcast and the forums so then I decided to pony up. But how is someone who is just starting out suppose to get interested in DLF if they can't even see the rankings? I'll continue to be a subscriber but I think it will hurt DLF more in the long run than help them.
I think this is a very interesting take and you're 100% right. This may cause an uptick in the amount of subscribers for the next few months, but I agree that it sets them up for failure long term. I personally don't sign up/pay for ANY site without having spent a few weeks checking everything out, most specifically articles, podcasts, scouting reports, and rankings. If you put everything behind a pay wall, then how can you convince people who are unfamiliar with your site to pony up $30?

Also, if they're putting the rankings behind a pay wall, I certainly hope that means there will be a little more effort placed into them. Imo, the rankings on this site have been garbage since I joined this forum.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:53 am

henry1jg wrote:I personally don't sign up/pay for ANY site without having spent a few weeks checking everything out, most specifically articles, podcasts, scouting reports, and rankings. If you put everything behind a pay wall, then how can you convince people who are unfamiliar with your site to pony up $30?

That's the thing, most of the guys complaining have been around long enough to know what all is on the site, saw the multiple chances to get a discount on memebship and still didn't pull the trigger after using the site for a while, that's what I don't get.
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat