DLF

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jeffh
Administrator

DLF

Postby dlf_jeffh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:36 am

Hey all,

Hope your mid-season teams are all performing and looking good for playoff run. If not, don't hang your heads as it's been a wild year with a lot of twists, turns and injuries.

Firstly, I wanted to thank all of you, premium member and non premium member alike, for making DLF your home and being a part of this community. When we started DLF nearly 10 years ago, we did so with the proverbial plan on a napkin with the hope that we could build a community of like minded, helpful and passionate fantasy coaches that were willing to be a part of something bigger than themselves. To this day we continue to build upon that goal and thank all of you for being part of it.

Quite simply put, we couldn't do it without you!

The fantasy business is changing every day with new formats, play styles, coaches and most recently Daily. Your DLF team is always trying to navigate these waters in order to bring to you the most helfpul information and experienced writers while presenting an environment where each member can belong, extracting value important to him or her.

I want to ask all of you to continue to support DLF in any way you can. We'd love those of you not currently invested in our Premium Membership to give it a consideration. We know that many of you won't pay for fantasy services and believe all information should be free. When we started DLF we had a firm commitment to that same value but quickly started realizing that the work involved, the resources available and the desires of the community were such that if we wanted to be the best at what we were attempting to do, we had to find a way to bring in better hosting, better writers, better resources, better tools and, most importantly, better content, wherever it may be on the site. Your support is absolutely key to helping us maintain and grow your site.

To that end, your Premium Membership goes such a long way toward supporting what we're trying to do here at DLF ... for all of you. There is no money grab here. We don't run large pay-in contests, leagues or the like to provide for large payouts and income. We have a fierce desire to provide the best content for all of our members and readers and will go to almost any lengths to ensure that we deliver on our value proposition.

Something else you should all be aware of is that when we started DLF, we did so with a firm foundation of doing business the right way, with an unwavering focus on values and integrity. Those core pillars are still in place today. The partners here at DLF will not continue to run DLF if we cannot keep to that commitment that we've had since day one. We strive to make sure each of our writers has those values as well ... and even ask that you here in the community hold yourself and others to that higher standard.

When it's all thrown into the pot, we like what's cooking and we're proud what DLF has become. We hope you are too. But I will continue to ask for your support via that Premium Membership which allows us to continue to build upon that foundation. It's only $29.99/yr or as little as $10 if you are willing to try out FanDuel, but that investment provides so much needed support for what we're still here trying to provide.

If you haven't become a premium member as of yet, please give it some consideration - even if you are one of those that refuse to pay for Internet services. Starting DLF has changed the way that I see those sites that I frequent and I now happily support them because I understand what the back end looks like and how much work it takes.

If you are already a Premium Member - thank you! Let others know by replying here how long you've been a member, how it's helped you and encourage others to join.

Thank you all for helping make DLF what it is today ... there's still a lot left to be done!
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

mratlanta
Role Player
Role Player

Re: DLF

Postby mratlanta » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:05 am

I think I've been a premium member for 3 or 4 years now. The content provided by DLF has proved invaluable to my dynasty success. I won my main league last year and DLF was my primary source of information. Yes, the free content is good, but the deep analysis both in season and during the off-season that is provided from the premium articles is outstanding. You can't beat what you get for the price of less than $3 a month.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Mahomes, Cam, Tannehill
RB: LeVeon, Jordan Howard, Latavius, Bryce Love, Ty Johnson
WR: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Anthony Miller, Arcega-Whiteside,
Diontae Johnson, Hakeem Butler, DJ Chark, Darius Slayton
TE: OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Gerald Everett
K: Zuerlein
DEF: KC

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:17 am

Love the site content and forums. Happy to pay a few bucks to support this.

dlf_jeffh, a question: what's surprised you the most about where the site has gone in ten years?

Pac_Eddy
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:37 am

Fully paid up and happy about it. My favourite content is the premium stuff anyway. I've always subscribed to the "money talks and b******* walks" concept - free stuff is generally free for a reason. Glad to support a community like this.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:34 am

Thanks for the responses guys. Pac_eddy - Here's the response to your question about the most surprising thing:

That is a really, really good question. I don't think there's an easy answer to it but there are a couple things that stand out. One, that we are coming up to our 10 year anniversary and the partners are still really good friends, we get along and the community and site is as big as it is today. All of my partners are very different people in style and skill and DLF would not be nearly the site that it is if that weren't the case. Being as different as we are can strain relationships via view point but the respect we have for each other means that we greatly respect those divergent views and don't take things too personally when there is disagreement.

More than anything, thing that stands out is the sheer amount of work and commitment that it takes to run a site like DLF. There's no wonder so many little sites start up and then go dark in a couple of years because of the work that it takes. It truly is never ending and all of our families have suffered through losing their husbands and fathers to the workload for great lengths of time over the past years. Part of that is what goes into me asking for support from our community. VERY few will understand how much it takes to keep the lights on at a site like DLF, both in money and especially time.

Combine that with the fact that many are so quick to render judgment or berate us over thing that they feel aren't correct and knowing that it's a labor of love for us, those things can sting. As I said in my post above, we have a VERY strong commitment to values and integrity and a genuine desire to bring value to every one of our readers and especially our premium members.

One of the most surprising aspects of DLF is that we haven't strayed too far from our roots and passion for the dynasty format. Being a niche site of fantasy football, we didn't know what it could become or how big we could get, but our belief was that in 2006, it was ripe for someone to do something. Even with the introduction of other formats and Daily (DFS), dynasty continues to grow and most of those other formats have a dynasty angle that leads people to DLF. But it's been surprising to me that they dynasty landscape has been broad enough such that we haven't had to tangent very far away from what we set out to do back in 2006.

Beyond the sheer work, dedication and commitment required, one of the most surprising aspects has been that we have grown to a team of about 50 writers that have a passion for DLF and dynasty content with many others waiting for an opportunity. The fact that our financial model can support that, is required for us to continue our offering, has been surprising. That's where all of YOU come in. It sounds cliche' to say but we really could not do what we do, for all of you, without your support. It just won't and can't happen. To think it was Ken Kelly and I writing ALL the content years ago is funny to us now ... because we'd be dead if we attempted that today. :D

I hope that answers your question. Happy to answer any others and we do appreciate the support!
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:06 pm

*bump*
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:09 pm

Went the FanDuel route this year and have very much enjoyed the Premium content. I will continue to purchase it going forward, both for the insights and entertainment it provides, as well as to support the team.

Appreciate the work, efforts, and dedication the DLF team has put in to make this my most frequented website, as well as connect me to a number of enjoyable people who enjoy this hobby as much as I do. It isn't always sunshine and dandelions, as sports and personal valuations always bring differing opinions, but it is a great place to get those opinions and enlighten you to things you weren't aware of or didn't fully consider.

Thanks again and keep up the good work (and as is required with any work, especially online - block out the haters and stay focused on the task at hand).

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:05 pm

Although I will say this, Jeff...tell Karl that if Ebron turns into a TE1, I'll never forgive him for convincing me otherwise!

8-)
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Hey Dook, regarding Ebron:

Recent history isn't on the side of Ebron not being a TE1. Most all Tight Ends selected in the first round of the NFL draft after year 2000 have gone on to become TE1's in fantasy. One of the recent exceptions was Eifert and now he's making good. They take 3-4 years to start producing but once they do, it's usually at the TE1 level. In fact, draft wise, it's the safest call to make for positions drafted in round one of the NFL
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:31 pm

dlf_jeffh wrote:Hey Dook, regarding Ebron:

Recent history isn't on the side of Ebron not being a TE1. Most all Tight Ends selected in the first round of the NFL draft after year 2000 have gone on to become TE1's in fantasy. One of the recent exceptions was Eifert and now he's making good. They take 3-4 years to start producing but once they do, it's usually at the TE1 level. In fact, draft wise, it's the safest call to make for positions drafted in round one of the NFL
I'll do the $10 fanduel/ year subscription thing. What's the link for it? :thumbup:
Ps, I hate DFS but I'll do it for you guys lol
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:35 pm

The FanDuel offer is great for new members of DLF and great for DLF in general ... it's actually the method we prefer. Not to mention we've found FanDuel to be a great partner to DLF and really like the guys over there.

Thanks for the support:

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dlf-fa ... ial-offer/
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:02 pm

dlf_jeffh wrote:The FanDuel offer is great for new members of DLF and great for DLF in general ... it's actually the method we prefer. Not to mention we've found FanDuel to be a great partner to DLF and really like the guys over there.

Thanks for the support:

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dlf-fa ... ial-offer/
I just signed up, my fanduel account email is cooganfootball@gmail.com
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:50 am

It takes a day or so to make the connections but we'll get you hooked up. Thanks for the support.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

Spots
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Spots » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:05 am

I went the fan duel route last night!

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:11 am

Thanks for your support. We'll get you hooked up!
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder