DLF

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: DLF

Postby Goirish374 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:16 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:09 pmIt isn't always sunshine and dandelions, as sports and personal valuations always bring differing opinions, but it is a great place to get those opinions and enlighten you to things you weren't aware of or didn't fully consider.
FiremanEd stealing my thunder again--but yes, exactly this.

I have the awful combination of rogue opinion and fervent belief and one of the most valuable things i get from DLF is the "cross examination" of ideas I don't share with everyone else. It's easily my favorite resource.

Coming here to get the write up on things i don't agree with has done more to help me than anything else i could possible identify looking back over my time playing dynasty.

When i started i didn't know the first damned thing about anything. The DLF forums weened me until i could crawl and then pushed me over so i could learn how to balance and ultimately walk. The premium content bridged me from toddler to child with articles, graphs, charts, podcasts, interviews and all manner of assumption challenging.

Thank you, DLF.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu May 18, 2017 5:01 am

^^^^ couldn't have said it better .
I am very opinionated (shocking right) and quite confident in my own opinions , what the DLF forum does , while I still follow the beat of my own drummer is give me insight as to what many very intelligent & successful people think about issues or players and strategies in a strict dynasty sense to check my own ego a bit even inwardly if I don't capitulate outwardly.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:18 pm

I happily pay the $30 for my premium membership. Lots of good content posted, especially off-season/pre-season. Also nice to have ADP and rankings to peruse as another source of value placement.

The main reason I do it though is to support a website I like and want to succeed. If they were to ever fold the loss of this forum would be a huge void in my dynasty fun level.

On another note: Have they released the results of the DLF Reader Survey contest? I was hoping to nab a free t-shirt ;)

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:56 pm

dlf_jeffh wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:36 am Something else you should all be aware of is that when we started DLF, we did so with a firm foundation of doing business the right way, with an unwavering focus on values and integrity.

Those core pillars are still in place today.
This is true. And so refreshing. Because everyone talks about it (which is easy), but few actually do it.

Real follow-through from the DLF owners here, not BS.

How do I know?

When I mentioned in a forum post last year responding to a related topic that I had an issue months before (tried a daily site promotion from here once, just to get DLF premium for the first time) and wasn't able to find or get support for it when something went wrong on the technical side... these guys jumped right on it in the forum topic and made it right. Very right.

I'm telling you, this is rare in the world and internet age we live in, and I am beyond grateful.

A ton to like about DLF, DLF Premium... and especially the stand-up guys behind it.

Personally I love the seemingly endless and frequent supply of dynasty-focused articles you get with DLF Premium. (Have always loved the forums here too - by far the most active, knowledgeable and helpful I've seen. In this hobby, where forum-based dynasty discussion is still a great fit, it's awesome to have DLF's quality forums.)

Thank you DLF!!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Sat May 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Just recalling this thread and love all the testimonials. Please feel free to share your own. There's nothing that makes us happier at DLF HQ than hearing how this site is an important part of your fantasy team.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com