HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby ericanadian » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:57 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:25 am That is one thing I like about MFL - it makes it pretty easy to check transaction history and see all the movement a player has made over the course of a league history. :)

So for Jimmy Graham in DLF HOF - he has now been traded 3x. The previous 2 trades occurred in a short time frame (2 in 5 months in 2017).

1st in June 2017
Seventy5 gave up Jimmy Graham, Jaleen Strong & a 2018 3rd
ericanadian gave up 3.08 in the 2017 rookie draft and his 2018 1st (which I assume became the 1.01)

then in October 2017
knotts gave Geronimo Allison & a 2nd
ericanadian gave up V. Davis & Jimmy Graham

So yeah a major value loss for ericanadian in 5 months - basically for the privilege of renting Graham he fell from 1.01 to 2.11 in the 2018 rookie draft - I can only assume he had originally thought his team was going to be a playoff contender and by October realized he had no realistic shot and wanted to recoup some sort of return ...
Yes, while I didn't think my team was likely to be a contender, I figured I would finish around the middle of the pack and then the bottom fell out with pretty much my entire team over the first couple weeks. I overreacted and quite frankly have been spiralling since. Havent had near the time I usually do to do proper evaluations this year and its cost me pretty dearly in trades.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:06 pm

JFever wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:29 am Open to offers / discussion for Gronk. Would need a combination of a Qb prospect, and a usable TE, and a pick.
That was fast! Trades starting to flow:

jfever24 gave up Lockett, Tyler SEA WR and Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE
and maxhyde gave up Allen, Josh BUF QB and Cole, Keelan JAC WR and Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:29 pm

lol. Beast, Maxhyde and I were involved in discussions. Maxhyde pulled the trigger.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:21 pm

Kudos to JFever for showing belief in Josh Allen and Keelan Cole. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:25 pm

maxhyde wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:28 am Well I am done with the draft.
1.03 Penny
2.14 Josh Allen
3.03 Deion Cain

Overall I am ok with how things turned out. I probably should have tried trading back but like Penny enough I figured I'd rather just have him than haggle on the clock. Really happy to land Allen at pick 31 in a 16 team league and Cain is a guy I am targeting everywhere I can
Even with the potential decline in Penny value and Cain ACL - being able to turn one of your draft picks into a package to acquire Gronk is a win imo. 8-)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Trade totals by owner (so far) in 2018:

ericanadian - 8
ArrylT - 7
Jules - 6
thebeast - 6
JFever - 5
Steeveb - 5
dlf_jaronf - 3
Plank - 3
Seventy5 - 3
maxhyde - 2
KNOTTS4372 - 1
nation31 - 1
TitusYoungsLawyer - 1
auggiedoggies - 0
Dookmariot - 0
sloth8u - 0
Last edited by ArrylT on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:20 am

Another day another trade!

Seventy5 responds with a "not so fast thebeast, I am still sheriff in this hear town you varmint" deal

Seventy5 trades: 2019 3rd

Steeveb trades: Terrelle Pryor

(trade list updated)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:21 pm

thebeast replies "Oh yeah Seventy5? I am the new boss of this hear town and I am going to make JFever mah biatch too - just try and stop me!"

thebeast trades: 2019 1st (Steeveb's 1st) and Ryan Grant

JFever trades: Cooper Kupp & Devante Parker

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:37 pm

I'm thinking steveb's 2019 1st has a realistic shot to be early. I held Parker hoping for a wr1 type ceiling. Just not as hopeful or as confident as I once was with him.
The time to target a good return for me from the 2-4 strong contenders was now. Not so sure I was made into anyone's beiotch though, as the offers were sent by me. Lol.

There comes a time to shake things up and that time came now for my roster. A few days ago I had nice peices in Gronk, Parker, D.Walker, Lockett, Kupp and even with them I likely was a slightly above avg, luck dependent,wish full and hopeful thinking owner with no real shot at a championship run. Now, I feel I got younger, deeper, and added nice draft capital, as well as shedding some unwanted vp. I like my qb and te situation on my squad. My rb corp is improving and deeper than it was, and now, my wr corp will be my primary focus. I'm open to offers for Collins, Barber, Clement, or Dixon.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:55 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:37 pm I'm thinking steveb's 2019 1st has a realistic shot to be early. I held Parker hoping for a wr1 type ceiling. Just not as hopeful or as confident as I once was with him.
The time to target a good return for me from the 2-4 strong contenders was now. Not so sure I was made into anyone's beiotch though, as the offers were sent by me. Lol.

There comes a time to shake things up and that time came now for my roster. A few days ago I had nice peices in Gronk, Parker, D.Walker, Lockett, Kupp and even with them I likely was a slightly above avg, luck dependent,wish full and hopeful thinking owner with no real shot at a championship run. Now, I feel I got younger, deeper, and added nice draft capital, as well as shedding some unwanted vp. I like my qb and te situation on my squad. My rb corp is improving and deeper than it was, and now, my wr corp will be my primary focus. I'm open to offers for Collins, Barber, Clement, or Dixon.
Aw man you had to go ruin a perfectly nice hyperbole. I was trying to build up the drama and suspense between Seventy5 and thebeast. It was going to end with a shoot out at the OK Corral and everything! :cry: :cry:

Kudos on taking stock on your team, and making a plan to execute and following through! :thumbup: 8-)

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:39 pm

Oh, there is maybe a little drama brewing I think. I'm not saying, but, I am saying that 75 may or may not have reached out to me since that last trade with Beast went down. When looking at rosters, I'm not sure there is a deal that will work for he and I though. I've been lookin. There are two other owners that I consider to be contenders in our league at this point in time, that I'd expect may want to contact me for the rights to Barber and or Collins.

Oh, my team thus far since our inaugural draft has had many twists, turns, and downs, with very few ups. Good old Kaepernick was supposed to be my qb, Calvin and AP were going to help me be relevant right out of the gate.... lol. Anyway, I just knew that by looking at my squad last week that I was bound to be in that middle range and I knew I had very little chance to compete with the top 3-5 teams. I didn't want to stay in the middle with Gronks, and D.Walker's value only going to drop from this point on. With moving guys like Lockett and D.Parker, it wasn't like I was giving away sure things. Kupp was a nice depth piece that I didn't want to lose but oh well. A injury to guys like Gronk, Walker, Parker, or Lockett and I was screwed as then my future returns would evaporate and I'd be stuck in the middle or worse. I'm a fan of K.Cole ,and being a huge Mn Vikings fan, I'm big on K.Rudolph. I'm also kinda hopeful that A.Luck comes back healthy and has to pass a lot, thus giving some unexpected production to R.Grant as his #2 target. With no real run game, a shaky defense, in a tough division, I'm thinking the colts pass a ton.

Now, I'm assuming I'll have two picks in the top half of the 2019 draft and a decent 2nd round pick. If I hit on 2 of these, and a couple of my young rbs make progress, I could potentially have a nice turn around into relevancy.

Plus, trading is fun. lol

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:46 pm

1. Arrtlt- I was loving the narrative and was looking forward to my first six shooter

2. I agree with Jfever, trading is fun

3. I’ve really enjoyed the trade conversations with all the oweners, even ones that I didn’t complete deals with (came close to a few other blockbusters), this league has a great group of owners who fully understand that values differ. Everyone is good at working towards a deal instead of shutting doors because they don’t like the first offer.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:40 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:39 pm I'm a fan of K.Cole ,and being a huge Mn Vikings fan, I'm big on K.Rudolph. I'm also kinda hopeful that A.Luck comes back healthy and has to pass a lot, thus giving some unexpected production to R.Grant as his #2 target. With no real run game, a shaky defense, in a tough division, I'm thinking the colts pass a ton.

Now, I'm assuming I'll have two picks in the top half of the 2019 draft and a decent 2nd round pick. If I hit on 2 of these, and a couple of my young rbs make progress, I could potentially have a nice turn around into relevancy.

Plus, trading is fun. lol
Yeah trading is always fun. :)

I like Kyle Rudolph as well - I just have not been able to get as many shares of him - especially in my redrafts (used to be you'd only see 4-5 TEs in the first 10 rounds and now you're seening up to 12) - because TEs have been increasing in value these past few years it seems.

If my suspicion is correct, and Cousins connects to him like he did with Reed - you're more likely to see him closer to his 2016 level than 2017 (which was still respectable). And of course you know he is about the same age as Gronk - so could easily be around as a low end TE1 for 3-4 more years.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:50 am

In DLF HOF, being a 16 team league with 4 divisions of 4 teams, each team plays divisional opponents twice, other conference opponents once, and three non-conference games.

My division, known as American Conference Blue consists of

ArrylT
dlf_jaronf
ericanadian
JFever

So I'll be playing each of them 2x (6)

Then there is American Conference Black and it consists of

Dookmariot
Jules
nation31
Steeveb

So I'll be playing each of them 1x (4)

The other conference consists of National Conference divisions White & Green

White

maxhyde
Plank
sloth8u
thebeast

Green

auggiedoggies
knotts4372
Seventy5
TitusYoungsLawyer

And I'll be playing 3 of those 8 teams - once (3) - for a total of (6+4+3) 13 matchups.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:58 am

ArrylT Schedule

Week I - ericanadian
Divisional Matchup #1
1st matchup vs. ericanadian

Week II - JFever
Divisional Matchup #2
1st matchup vs. JFever

Week III - dlf_jaronf
Divisional Matchup #3
1st matchup vs. dlf_jaronf

Week IV - nation31
Conference Matchup #1

Week V - TitusYoungsLawyer
Out of Conference Matchup #1

Week VI - steeveb
Conference Matchup #2

Week VII - sloth8u
Out of Conference Matchup #2

Week VIII - KNOTTS4372
Out of Conference Matchup #3

Week IX - Dookmariot
Conference Matchup #3

Week X - Jules
Conference Matchup #4

Week XI - ericanadian
Divisional Matchup #4
2nd matchup vs. ericanadian

Week XII - JFever
Divisional Matchup #5
2nd matchup vs. JFever

Week XIII - dlf_jaronf
Divisional Matchup #6
2nd Matchup vs. dlf_jaronf