Re: HOF league discussion

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:04 am

Teams I will not be playing in 2018 (my condolences):

auggiedoggies
maxhyde
Plank
Seventy5
thebeast

Hopefully I will get to play them in the future - but reviewing past seasons, it does not seem likely.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:11 am

Yeah, My thoughts on KR vs Gronk went like this. Gronk is the unquestioned #1 fantasy TE. I just don't see the gap being that huge when I look closer. I have Rudolph in my top 5-6 with a shot to be top 4. Close to same age yes, Gronk I feel is closer to retirement however. He likely has Brady for this year. Lots of questions and uncertainty after this season for NE imo. Rudolph has fewer rumors about early retirement and a shorter injury history and, most importantly - a TE friendly Cousins for the next 3. Rudolph should be the Vikings main red zone target and 8-10 Tds seems reachable. I think 60 rec for 600-700 yds also seem reasonable if healthy. So, for my team it made sense to move away from Gronk and get what assets I could now before his value drops.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:25 am

JFever wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:11 am Yeah, My thoughts on KR vs Gronk went like this. Gronk is the unquestioned #1 fantasy TE. I just don't see the gap being that huge when I look closer. I have Rudolph in my top 5-6 with a shot to be top 4. Close to same age yes, Gronk I feel is closer to retirement however. He likely has Brady for this year. Lots of questions and uncertainty after this season for NE imo. Rudolph has fewer rumors about early retirement and a shorter injury history and, most importantly - a TE friendly Cousins for the next 3. Rudolph should be the Vikings main red zone target and 8-10 Tds seems reachable. I think 60 rec for 600-700 yds also seem reasonable if healthy. So, for my team it made sense to move away from Gronk and get what assets I could now before his value drops.
DeFilippo is the guy that made Gary Barnidge a thing, so there is some upside for Rudolph. I think you got fine value for Gronk. Even beyond Gronk retirement, McDaniels may take over as coach soon. Brady could retire and they have no succession plan in place.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:55 pm

yeah. I think for the contenders that are vying for a championship run, Gronk is a great piece to add to give a roster a boost or a positional advantage. For me though, that wasn't realistic. I do like a lot of the situation with Rudolph. I like that his Qb is locked in for a few years (likely the rest of Rudolph's career) will be with Cousins and a promising offensive coordinator. I think Rudolph (if healthy) is going to be a top 5 TE over the next few years. I love Gronk, don't get me wrong. There are just rosters that he makes sense on and some that he doesn't. I think it is likely that when Brady hangs up the cleats that Gronk follows suit. I also think that that time very well could be after this season. Anyway, like I said earlier in this thread, I'm a huge Vikings fan and have been for as long as I can remember. (long time...) And, adding Rudolph in the place of Gronk was easier for me to do than I think it would be for others.

Anyway, to the point of my recent activity level: I firmly believe that finishing in the middle for more than a year is a huge mistake that is commonly made by dynasty owners. It's better to be real bad or real good. In the middle you are basically going nowhere. Ultimately, I think the drop from Gronk to Rudolph was easily mitigated for me by the other pieces along with Steve's (2019) first round pick I brought to my roster. :biggrin:

Hate to say it but.... I'm rooting for Steve to have a rough year. lol.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:50 am

DLF HOF Week I Matchups:

KNOTTS4372 at auggiesdoggies

Knotts is 1-3 against auggiesdoggies over the past 2 years, so they may be barking up the wrong tree to assume they have a legit chance at winning this matchup.

Seventy5 at TitusYoungsLawyer

Seventy5 likewise is 1-3 against TitusYoungsLawyer, and their fan base does not seem that interested in making the road trip to TitusYoungStadium, although that could just be the ticket prices, saviour RB or no saviour RB.

thebeast at maxhyde

One of the reasons you have not seen maxhyde post much recently is because they are in hyding - with the powerhouse known as thebeast coming to town. Plenty of tickets still available - but are being quickly snapped up by thebeast loyalists.

sloth8u at Plank

Every NFL week has a matchup that people tend to avoid because it seems dull or boring, and yet because of that decision they may miss out on some great football. So it is understandable that many people go "Want to go see Plank play? .... ah maybe next time thanks" but do'nt be surprised if some of the Week I DLF HOF highlights come from this matchup as these two teams tend to pound it out (2-2).

Steeveb at Dookmariot

When these two teams DOOK it out it is usually to Steeveb's advantage - but Dookmariot fans smell a change is in the air - perhaps because steeveb is unaware he does not have a starting QB atm ;) - and their young team has the fan based re-energized.

Jules at nation31

Jules completely owns nation31. Yet nation31 keeps coming back for more. Sort of like the person who was abducted and anally probed by aliens 4x.

dlf_jaronf at JFever

Tickets are almost sold out for this game between two popular powerhouses. Perhaps it has to do with the rumor that one or more of @DLF_Jeff, @DLF_KenK or @DLF_KenM will be at the game to cheer on their favorite son.

ericanadian at ArrylT

With a new owner starting a massive rebuild, it is no surprise that fans have not raced to buy tickets - however what the savvy fan knows is that tickets are free with a purchase of a Canadian 6-pack. Of course both teams are awful but at least the beer is good!

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:51 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:50 am DLF HOF Week I Matchups:

KNOTTS4372 at auggiesdoggies

Knotts is 1-3 against auggiesdoggies over the past 2 years, so they may be barking up the wrong tree to assume they have a legit chance at winning this matchup.

Seventy5 at TitusYoungsLawyer

Seventy5 likewise is 1-3 against TitusYoungsLawyer, and their fan base does not seem that interested in making the road trip to TitusYoungStadium, although that could just be the ticket prices, saviour RB or no saviour RB.

thebeast at maxhyde

One of the reasons you have not seen maxhyde post much recently is because they are in hyding - with the powerhouse known as thebeast coming to town. Plenty of tickets still available - but are being quickly snapped up by thebeast loyalists.

sloth8u at Plank

Every NFL week has a matchup that people tend to avoid because it seems dull or boring, and yet because of that decision they may miss out on some great football. So it is understandable that many people go "Want to go see Plank play? .... ah maybe next time thanks" but do'nt be surprised if some of the Week I DLF HOF highlights come from this matchup as these two teams tend to pound it out (2-2).

Steeveb at Dookmariot

When these two teams DOOK it out it is usually to Steeveb's advantage - but Dookmariot fans smell a change is in the air - perhaps because steeveb is unaware he does not have a starting QB atm ;) - and their young team has the fan based re-energized.

Jules at nation31

Jules completely owns nation31. Yet nation31 keeps coming back for more. Sort of like the person who was abducted and anally probed by aliens 4x.

dlf_jaronf at JFever

Tickets are almost sold out for this game between two popular powerhouses. Perhaps it has to do with the rumor that one or more of @DLF_Jeff, @DLF_KenK or @DLF_KenM will be at the game to cheer on their favorite son.

ericanadian at ArrylT

With a new owner starting a massive rebuild, it is no surprise that fans have not raced to buy tickets - however what the savvy fan knows is that tickets are free with a purchase of a Canadian 6-pack. Of course both teams are awful but at least the beer is good!
After the past week of beastly deals I am less confident but still feel I have a better than 50-50 shot at a W this week...sorry thebeast and fans but I am not really as scared as our fellow GM/commentator makes it seem. Unless DJ gets suspended or injured I am always going to feel like my teams has a shot
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:01 am

So what you are saying is the correct sentence should be

"lying in wait to pounce on and slaughter thebeast"

;)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:56 am

DLF HOF Week I Results*

KNOTTS4372 129.25 auggiedoggies 88.55

It was No QB no problem for Knotts as even Mariotas disappearing act did not stop them from taking auggiedoggies to the pound - using an all veteran lineup to school the rookie mastiff (Mariota was their youngest starter).

Seventy5 161 TitusYoungsLawyer 111.20

Seventy5s RBs tried to tell the rest of their team - its ok we got this take the night off, but Seventy5 was old-school and wouldnt let them - regardless their RBs powered S5 to a domininant win. TitusYoungsLawyer may be busy filing paperwork to file for score abuse.

maxhyde 109.95 thebeast 109.85

This could be a contender for the DLF match of the year - we'll have to wait for the scoring corrections to confirm - but at the moment, and as they predicted beforehand (!!!) maxhyde held off a furious thebeast late comeback effort to prevail. No hyding from that!!

Plank 158.05 sloth8u 100.60

sloths move slowly, so it only stands to reason that they would start the season off slowly too. As such Plank took full advantage of that and Connerized their team to a win.

Dookmariot 109 steeveb 85.80

When 1 player scores almost 50% of your total (Tyreek Hill 42%), you know your team is in trouble - add QB on suspension and Dookmariot was able to sleepwalk to a win over steeveb.

nation31 143.90 Jules 118.20

When you get solid to strong production at your other positions, you can survive mediocre QB (Prescott) as evidenced by nation31s win over Jules. It didnt hurt that Stafford was ineffective for Jules.

dlf_jaronf 118.05 JFever 60.85

Somethings simply cannot be taught, and one of those is poise in the face of celebrity. JFevers team caught word that a whole busload of DLF Writers would be supporting the already elite DLF Writer Jaron F and they could not handle the pressure. Their team played like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off, or like the Buffalo Bills, and scored the least # of points in DLF HOF this week. Guess they were too busy trying to get autographs than to play football.

ericanadian 85.45 ArrylT 65.25

ericanadian has always been respected as a crafty opponent who has much knowledge. He showcased that this week by using ArrylTs greatest weakness (their Raiders fandom) against them, by trusting in their Raiders to JUST WIN BABY! ericanadians team may not have bled silver and black but they definitely made Al Davis proud with a strong effort over the newcomer.

* - scoring changes not included ;)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:11 pm

Trading activity continues full tilt as

Jaron trades Cameron Meredith & Dede Westbrook

to maxhyde for Jamaal Williams and Mack Hollins

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:17 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:56 am DLF HOF Week I Results*

KNOTTS4372 129.25 auggiedoggies 88.55

It was No QB no problem for Knotts as even Mariotas disappearing act did not stop them from taking auggiedoggies to the pound - using an all veteran lineup to school the rookie mastiff (Mariota was their youngest starter).

Seventy5 161 TitusYoungsLawyer 111.20

Seventy5s RBs tried to tell the rest of their team - its ok we got this take the night off, but Seventy5 was old-school and wouldnt let them - regardless their RBs powered S5 to a domininant win. TitusYoungsLawyer may be busy filing paperwork to file for score abuse.

maxhyde 109.95 thebeast 109.85

This could be a contender for the DLF match of the year - we'll have to wait for the scoring corrections to confirm - but at the moment, and as they predicted beforehand (!!!) maxhyde held off a furious thebeast late comeback effort to prevail. No hyding from that!!

Plank 158.05 sloth8u 100.60

sloths move slowly, so it only stands to reason that they would start the season off slowly too. As such Plank took full advantage of that and Connerized their team to a win.

Dookmariot 109 steeveb 85.80

When 1 player scores almost 50% of your total (Tyreek Hill 42%), you know your team is in trouble - add QB on suspension and Dookmariot was able to sleepwalk to a win over steeveb.

nation31 143.90 Jules 118.20

When you get solid to strong production at your other positions, you can survive mediocre QB (Prescott) as evidenced by nation31s win over Jules. It didnt hurt that Stafford was ineffective for Jules.

dlf_jaronf 118.05 JFever 60.85

Somethings simply cannot be taught, and one of those is poise in the face of celebrity. JFevers team caught word that a whole busload of DLF Writers would be supporting the already elite DLF Writer Jaron F and they could not handle the pressure. Their team played like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off, or like the Buffalo Bills, and scored the least # of points in DLF HOF this week. Guess they were too busy trying to get autographs than to play football.

ericanadian 85.45 ArrylT 65.25

ericanadian has always been respected as a crafty opponent who has much knowledge. He showcased that this week by using ArrylTs greatest weakness (their Raiders fandom) against them, by trusting in their Raiders to JUST WIN BABY! ericanadians team may not have bled silver and black but they definitely made Al Davis proud with a strong effort over the newcomer.

* - scoring changes not included ;)
There were no scoring changes in the updated Results e-mail, so the scores above are final. :)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:39 am

DLF HOF Week II Matchups

TitusYoungsLawyer at auggiedoggies

auggiedoggies may be barking up the wrong tree if they think they can take this savvy lawyer unaware. Last weeks beatdown likely has them in full trial mode.

KNOTTS4372 at Seventy5

Winner of this tough matchup will take early control of the Green Division leaderboard, and we shall soon see if knotts is envious of Seventy5s Barkley based lineup.

Plank at maxhyde

maxhyde showed last week that you do not quit until the whistle blows - and Plank may be feeling overconfident after their victory last week. So we'll give maxhyde the benefit of the doubt that they deserved last week.

thebeast at sloth8u

It is only Week II so doubtful either team is too worried yet - but after this week 1 of 2 pre-season powerhouses will be 0-2.

nation31 at Dookmariot

This will be a good time for one of these two teams to put some distance on the rest of their division - alas only 1 of them will succeed after DOOKing it out in Week II. The loser has to pay for the winners stay at the MARIOT hotel when visiting Jules later this year.

steeveb at Jules

Neither team won last week and neither team owns their future 1st. So will ericanadian or JFever benefit more when one of these teams ends up 0-2 - we shall soon see!

dlf_jaronf at ericanadian

Everyone knows that DLF Writers are good fantasy owners, but they may also be lucky ones also as Jaron is in the only division that had 1 team score 100+ last week - his team. A win here could provide potential smooth sailing for a divisional title.

JFever at ArrylT

JFever went all out and bought a new weapon/toy to play with this week. Can they use that new addition to full effect to defeat the hapless ArrylT - most expects predict he wont need to to win.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:25 am

I'm proud that you guys are keeping this league's activity thread alive. Good work.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:41 am

I think ArryIT deserves some credit there. lol

He's new to the league but has proven to be quite the asset. Great group of very informed and active owners.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:09 am

JFever wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:41 am I think ArryIT deserves some credit there. lol

He's new to the league but has proven to be quite the asset. Great group of very informed and active owners.
Don't make him angry, it's ArrylT

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:23 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:09 am
JFever wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:41 am I think ArryIT deserves some credit there. lol

Don't make him angry, it's ArrylT
I am not sure what to make of someone called thebeast saying not to make me angry. :lol: