HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:07 pm

Looking at my opponent this week in DL_JaronF - between Mahomes, AP, Thomas & Beckham he has got himself a nice mixture of old and new elite players - all he really needs is a TE (pause for RSJ believers to rant). I predict he'll find a way to get that done from someone before the trade deadline.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:53 am

DLF Week III Results*

TitusYoungsLawyer 123.00 knotts4372 91.15

Tired of losing, and all the knotts of paperwork involved, TYL found the simplest way to untie a knott is to cut right through it!

Seventy5 139.95 auggiedoggies 120.55

Inspired in part by a rumour that doggies were going to poop on his lawn if the auggiedoggies won, S5 made sure that they'd go 3-0 (and be extra vigilant about strays) and lock up one of the coveted early season favorite tags.

Plank 126.75 thebeast 123.50

While this result could conceivably change with scoring adjustments, one thing that will not go away is the rumour of a petition requesting thebeast switch their handle to theleast (likely to win). Meanwhile Plank may be the most wooden of owners to post, but they are like an Oak tree reaching for the sky with their resolute march to early season favorite.

maxhyde 129.40 sloth8u 85.75

Winning for maxhyde was a Brees this week. sloth8u is just too slow to build up points - and even God (cannot) win when behind by so much on MNF.

nation31 121.80 steeveb 110.15

Mayfield may have led the Browns to their first win in forever, but that wait continues for steeveb. But what can you do when your opponent gives you Ridleys you cannot solve.

Dookmariot 114.10 Jules 64.10

Hmm neither Brady nor Jules put up much of a fight - guess the torch has been passed. All hail Fantasy Expert DOOK! Could a championship banner be next?

JFever 117.95 ericanadian 70.95

Teachers everywhere are caught up in a feverish excitement! Has JFever has retooled his team so quickly as to be a playoff contender this year?!? Either that or playing ericanadian makes every team look like the LA Rams?!?

DLF_JaronF 130.20 ArrylT 91.30

Mahomesmagic runs brighter than Fitzmagic and Jaron locks up 3-0 and the last of the early season favorite tags (joining Plank, Dookmariot & Seventy5)

* - scoring adjustments not included

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:21 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:53 am DLF Week III Results*

TitusYoungsLawyer 123.00 knotts4372 91.15

Tired of losing, and all the knotts of paperwork involved, TYL found the simplest way to untie a knott is to cut right through it!

Seventy5 139.95 auggiedoggies 120.55

Inspired in part by a rumour that doggies were going to poop on his lawn if the auggiedoggies won, S5 made sure that they'd go 3-0 (and be extra vigilant about strays) and lock up one of the coveted early season favorite tags.

Plank 126.75 thebeast 123.50

While this result could conceivably change with scoring adjustments, one thing that will not go away is the rumour of a petition requesting thebeast switch their handle to theleast (likely to win). Meanwhile Plank may be the most wooden of owners to post, but they are like an Oak tree reaching for the sky with their resolute march to early season favorite.

maxhyde 129.40 sloth8u 85.75

Winning for maxhyde was a Brees this week. sloth8u is just too slow to build up points - and even God (cannot) win when behind by so much on MNF.

nation31 121.80 steeveb 110.15

Mayfield may have led the Browns to their first win in forever, but that wait continues for steeveb. But what can you do when your opponent gives you Ridleys you cannot solve.

Dookmariot 114.10 Jules 64.10

Hmm neither Brady nor Jules put up much of a fight - guess the torch has been passed. All hail Fantasy Expert DOOK! Could a championship banner be next?

Teachers everywhere are caught up in a feverish excitement! Has JFever has retooled his team so quickly as to be a playoff contender this year?!? Either that or playing ericanadian makes every team look like the LA Rams?!?

DLF_JaronF 130.20 ArrylT 91.30

Mahomesmagic runs brighter than Fitzmagic and Jaron locks up 3-0 and the last of the early season favorite tags (joining Plank, Dookmariot & Seventy5)

Didn't make your team look like the Rams. :whistle:
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:43 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:21 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:53 am

Didn't make your team look like the Rams. :whistle:
Well played good sir! :lol: :mrgreen:

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:15 pm

Lol. Hoping I'm not a playoff contender. Really wasn't the plan when I sold Gronk +++ a few weeks back. Aside from our top dogs duking it out, I'm almost wondering just as much as to who is going to earn the top 3-4 picks in next springs draft.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:06 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:15 pm Lol. Hoping I'm not a playoff contender. Really wasn't the plan when I sold Gronk +++ a few weeks back. Aside from our top dogs duking it out, I'm almost wondering just as much as to who is going to earn the top 3-4 picks in next springs draft.
Hard to say but you never know! You have steeveb, thebeast, Jules, as well as another matchup against ericanadian and myself - so it is certainly possible you could lose the rest of your matches and still go 7-6 and earn just enough Victory Points to grab the 6th seed. Could you imagine if trading Gronk was the catalyst to JFever 2018 champion?!? 8-)

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:12 am

lmao. Good one.

Addition by subtraction. He was a lockerroom cancer. He had to go. We are better without him. Let him be someone else's problem.

lol.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:23 am

Also aside from week 1 Gronk has been a deficit not a plus...I could have started Swaim and did better at TE. He certainly hasn't been as good as Rudolph
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Heard a thing on local radio the day before yesterday about K.Rudolph being only second to Gronk in TE touchdowns over the past 4 years or something like that. I'm not sure of the validity or even the exact details because I didn't hear the whole thing. As a Vikings fan, I was happy to go from Gronk to Rudolph. Gronk was just a piece that really didn't fit with the rest of my team make up. Hope he does better for you Maxhyde.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:36 pm

He will. I am not too worried
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:49 pm

DLF HOF Week IV Matchups

sloth8u vs. knotts4372

Some people wonder if, at the speed which sloth8u travels, will he arrive for the matchup before MNF. Stay tuned to find out!

maxhyde vs. TitusYoungsLawyer

If like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, maxhyde is hot one week, and cold the next, then TYL is due their second win. We shall see!

auggiedoggies vs. thebeast

If auggiedoggies wins, then theleast that would occur is a 3-way tie for 2nd in their decision. But first they have to beat theleast, err thebeast.

Seventy5 vs. Plank

Its DLF HOFs version of Minnesota vs. LA Rams - except in this case both teams are 3-0 and proving to be contenders. Whereas the Vikings have been missing since they lost to Philadelphia in last years playoffs (maybe they need a new navigator?) ...

JFever vs. steeveb

If JFever goes with Allen at QB again, then it will be a battle of teams with rookie QBs! However the odds that he goes with Allen are about as likely as steeveb goes with Beathard over Mayfield ...

Dookmariot vs. DLF_JaronF

What?!? Our version of Vikings vs. Rams was not enough? You wanted more?!? Well you got more!! We give you DLF HOFs version of KC Chiefs vs. Denver Broncos!

Jules vs. ericanadian

You all know the expression between a rock and a hard spot I assume. Now here these 2 owners are faced with an impossible choice. Losing makes your future pick more valuable to the team you did not beat while hurting your own chances at playoffs this year - but in this case both teams could be in rebuild mode - so do they want to win? That is right they own each others future 1st. And the odds that they tie are less than the odds DLF Forum members gave Carson to take the lead role from Penny. ;)

ArrylT vs. nation31

At some point the new kid in town (ArrylT) is going to luck into a win. Does nation31 really want to go down in history (sort of like those pitchers who gave up record breaking HRs to Aaron or Maris or Bond) as the first to lose to ArrylT? We'll find out if this is his Bills moment soon enough!
Last edited by ArrylT on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:50 pm

Hard to believe, but as luck and scheduling would have it, after this week we'll go from 4 3-0 teams down to 2 since they all play each other to the benefit of the 2-1 teams ... if they can capitalize ...

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:08 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:49 pm DLF HOF Week IV Matchups

sloth8u vs. knotts4372

Some people wonder if, at the speed which sloth8u travels, will he arrive for the matchup before MNF. Stay tuned to find out!

maxhyde vs. TitusYoungsLawyer

If like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, maxhyde is hot one week, and cold the next, then TYL is due their second win. We shall see!

auggiedoggies vs. thebeast

If auggiedoggies wins, then theleast that would occur is a 3-way tie for 2nd in their decision. But first they have to beat theleast, err thebeast.

Seventy5 vs. Plank

Its DLF HOFs version of Minnesota vs. LA Rams - except in this case both teams are 3-0 and proving to be contenders. Whereas the Vikings have been missing since they lost to Philadelphia in last years playoffs (maybe they need a new navigator?) ...

JFever vs. steeveb

If JFever goes with Allen at QB again, then it will be a battle of teams with rookie QBs! However the odds that he goes with Allen are about as likely as steeveb goes with Beathard over Mayfield ...

Dookmariot vs. DLF_JaronF

What?!? Our version of Vikings vs. Rams was not enough? You wanted more?!? Well you got more!! We give you DLF HOFs version of KC Chiefs vs. Denver Broncos!

Jules vs. ericanadian

You all know the expression between a rock and a hard spot I assume. Now here these 2 owners are faced with an impossible choice. Winning makes your future pick more valuable to the team you just beat. That is right they own each others future 1st. And the odds that they tie are less than the odds DLF Forum members gave Carson to take the lead role from Penny. ;)

ArrylT vs. nation31

At some point the new kid in town (ArrylT) is going to luck into a win. Does nation31 really want to go down in history (sort of like those pitchers who gave up record breaking HRs to Aaron or Maris or Bond) as the first to lose to ArrylT? We'll find out if this is his Bills moment soon enough!
Pretty sure you have this backwards. If I win, I reduce the value of my pick, which is owned by Jules. If Jules wins, he reduces the value of his pick, which I own.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:49 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:08 pm
Pretty sure you have this backwards. If I win, I reduce the value of my pick, which is owned by Jules. If Jules wins, he reduces the value of his pick, which I own.
Yes thanks I wrote that incorrectly - long week - not fully focused - either way thanks for catching my mistake. :oops: :)

Fixed the story narrative - not as good as hoped but at least correct. :lol:

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:05 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:50 pm Hard to believe, but as luck and scheduling would have it, after this week we'll go from 4 3-0 teams down to 2 since they all play each other to the benefit of the 2-1 teams ... if they can capitalize ...
So, FYI, wins and losses don’t matter very much. Playoffs and seeding is primarily determined by victory points.