HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby knotts4372 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:56 pm

i also havent gotten many offers which i cant and wont complain about because i have not sent all that many offers to others so i wont be hypocritical. but things i have seen is that like others said ppl only offer on my studs dez and jamaal charles and while i pride myself on everyone is tradeable for the right price, ppl just arent offering anywhere close to that price making it worth it especially seeing as if i traded one of them i would be throwing in the towel on this year. yes dez is hurt but who in their right mind would move him right now for less than half value which is coincidentally what 2 ppl have offered in my estimation.

as for offers i have sent out, sure i admit the latest one i woulda won but the recipient had no starting qb and i dont think many ppl are willing to trade a good qb therefore imo good solid qb are worth quite abit in that league which is why i wanted more than normal price in return. perhaps flawed thinking but laws of supply and demand made it seem feasible to me.

anyway /rant
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:27 am

I will still buy Dez.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:23 pm

maxhyde wrote:I will still buy Dez.
lol im sure everyone would love to buy dez but i very much doubt i get the kinda offer i would want. i value him as the 3rd best dynasty asset behind antonio and julio and not really interested in selling low. but by all means if anyone wants to offer on him im always keen on trying

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:45 pm

Steve Smith is alive!
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:54 pm

My team is bad right now but few things in fantasy are more pleasurable than getting 20+ points out of guy like Gary Barnidge.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:34 pm

that week 3 performance of 170 pts was more like what i expected my team to be doing. hopefully my team can keep it up.

mariota is on bye this week but i think i might have to start him over stafford starting week 5. since the last time i posted i had 2 offers on dez but still neither are anywhere close to a stud wr price. yes dez is hurt i understand that but no way imo should he be sold low

@donnynutz on twitter

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:06 pm

week 4 looking pretty big on pts just like week 3. problem im seeing is that i have a bunch of wr doing well but need rb help. keenan allen and allen hurns really helping me big time till dez comes back. if anyone in that league needs some wr help i have hankerson, aiken, hurns, andre johnson, and some lesser wr available to trade.

@donnynutz on twitter

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:05 pm

Why didn't I get to face Jules and his Julio-AJG tandem THIS week, instead of last week? #notfair

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:16 pm

dlf_jeffl wrote:Why didn't I get to face Jules and his Julio-AJG tandem THIS week, instead of last week? #notfair
I don't think his overall score is going to drop much vs last week, so... I guess if you prefer to get hammered by the Black Unicorn and consistent production across the board, sure. I would've happily taken Jules last week in exchange for jfever (who I played) or hawkeyestate (who your playing) this week.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:06 pm

maxhyde wrote:
Goirish374 wrote:i thought we could sneak in a buy-low offer.

Jules has already hit the critical 7000 post wall, so we wanted to sell him as the aging veteran about to fall off the cliff against the New Content Fever hype train that Irishdoom is riding.
So you wanted us to trade Megatron for Moncrief?
Hey now, I resemble that remark! ;)

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:32 pm

I thought I'd also make some comments about trading, and how it has differed between the HOF and Premium leagues. I just took a look, and there have been close to 30 trades in the last 6 months in the premium league. Now I didn't look close at every deal, but there have been deals of all shapes and sizes over there. Big ones, little ones, trades for picks, trades for vets, trades for youth. You name it. It's been a dynamic and interesting league to be a part of.

As to why deals aren't happening as much in the HOF league, I do think reputation has a lot to do with it. That league is comprised of many experienced, well-known posters. And I get the feeling that there may be some fear of ending up in the wrong end of what looks like a "bad" deal. Let's face it, there are quite a few eyes on what happens in these leagues.

The premium league, on the other hand, is made up of guys that don't quite have the same reputation to worry about, generally. Lower post count guys who haven't plastered their opinions all over these boards, and that is a factor.

One other factor, though, is we have a couple of "agents of chaos" who quite obviously like to make deals - I'm one of them. In some ways negotiation might be my favorite element of fantasy football.

Lastly, the league size is a big factor in all of this. I know I hadn't played a 16 team league before, so I wasn't fully prepared for what that actually meant. (And don't be surprised if you see an article from me in the future on that very subject!) I understood intellectually, sure, but didn't fully grasp how important that RB2 position is in a 16 teamer, for instance. I'm sure more than a few teams are feeling the pressure of trying to field 2 quality running backs in a 16 team league with such deep rosters. 16 teams, 25 man rosters, all offense - it's tough!
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:54 am

ericanadian wrote:
dlf_jeffl wrote:Why didn't I get to face Jules and his Julio-AJG tandem THIS week, instead of last week? #notfair
I don't think his overall score is going to drop much vs last week, so... I guess if you prefer to get hammered by the Black Unicorn and consistent production across the board, sure. I would've happily taken Jules last week in exchange for jfever (who I played) or hawkeyestate (who your playing) this week.
Yep, as it turns out, Canadian Eric is the one who had bad luck with matchups. But that's why we have VPs.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:01 am

I continue to find a trade partner in Jules. Hopefully this league lasts beyond two years because my team is young (but promising) and I have 3 2016 1sts to work with to patch holes. Moved Karlos Williams and 2 2016 3rds for his 2016 1st and Mycole Pruitt.

While I like the promise of Williams, I drafted him for a 3rd and he is still on the same team with Shady who just signed a monster extension. Too risky of an asset for me. The other reasoning behind this trade for me is if I had Williams, I would be starting him and with Shady out he would be producing points right now with no guarantee of future value from him. He could inflate my scoring and lead to a lower draft pick and then put up a goose egg in 2016. Flipping him for a 1st seems to make sense for both parties as Jules tries to compete (and I now root against him) and it was a big value gain for me as well as a risk unloaded for what is hopefully near peak value over his career arc.
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:10 am

I was just typing up a post about that trade too.

This is not the kind of move I typically make. I don't view Karlos as a safe asset in the short or long term, and that's usually what I want when trading away a 1st. But if I make the playoffs or if Karlos blows up, I'll be comfortable with the deal.

I still have knotts's 2016 1st, which projects to be late. Those two 3rds are my only other picks.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:26 am

I feel like the lack of asset movement in this league has hurt it's initial premise as a league that was setup as an attempt to help the community value players better. I think it would be interesting if all proposals once accepted or rejected were public knowledge and owners could discuss their reasoning. The only real takeaway from our league right now is that experienced dynasty owners are very patient, stingy, and stick to their original valuations for the long term - there is very little over reaction to the short term.