HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby Plank » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Rough start for me...

The loss of Kevin White has left my WR group very thin. Mike Evans nursing a hamstring, the high of feeling that Davante Adams was going to get a ton of work then the packers signing Jones .. Marvin Jones no longer the WR2 to start the season ... has me scrambling a bit looking for a guy to get some kind of production.

Guys like Chris Hogan while not sexy usually sees some targets, but he did not ... :P Also Bruce Ellington..

I didn't expect much from Cody Latimer this year, but was hopeful he'd start to see the field some, but its not looking like he will be anytime soon ..

A few bright spots is that Rashad Jennings seems to be the guy getting the work for now, and Ameer is really coming along, contributing in the passing game ...

I also expected Helu to see some work also ...

caught a few breaks with the broken jaw to Geno, that gave me a back-up for my bye in Week 4 .. And also, Brady suspension lifted ..

TE's Tyler Eifert really was my best player Week 1, Chandler even caught a TD .. and I lost Niles Paul for the season after he climbed the depth chart to win the start ..

I have had to dig pretty deep in the WR FA's hoping a few will get some play, guys like Norwood, Mumphery, Enuwa, Owusu ...
@PlankMelody

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:59 pm

I hated where I drafted, getting the last option to select. I came in figuring most guys were used to 12 team leagues so went a bit heavy on upside QBs, because my experience has been that lacking a QB can totally screw you and they are difficult to acquire, especially with so few replacements coming up through the draft. It's turned out fairly well with even my two long-shots now in Tyrod Taylor & Ryan Mallett now starting and showing some upside. I'll obviously need to offload a guy or two in order to fully capitalize on the strategy, but my guys are all young enough that I don't need to rush.

I grabbed a few guys I liked in Sankey, Ladarius & Ingram. Sanders kind of fell into my lap and after that I tried to keep a diverse group with some older vets that'll put up points in order to compete.

I traded Watkins early, to much heckling, but I'm pretty happy given the steep increase in value of both Jones and Hilton since the deal.

I don't think I could've gotten a worse week 1 draw. Facing the future early, before his stable of RBs had a chance to get injured, sucked... Hilton going down and Ladarius being cleared to play left me short on points, but I'm hopeful for the season at this point given that I can score and enough of my veteran FAs have found teams to give me some depth.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:21 pm

when did the standings start getting cut off on the right side? I'm guessing its because the left menu was added and is pushing the right column of the screen. When i designed the layout i did it w/o that left menu. If you guys want me to try to fix it so every thing fits while still using that left menu just PM the commish password and I'll see what i can do to clean it up....

It bugs me when something i made looks funny lol.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:36 am

dez injury is hurting me so much and i doubt i make playoffs because of it. on the bright side tho i did put up 6th or 7th most pts week 1 just happened to be playing a better team. feeling confident i can put up good points this week tho. if i can eeeek out a few victories till dez comes back for that final push would be awesome but idk.

i went after mariota right after the draft and it looks like i may have made a pretty darn good trade hopefully.

ps. someone trade me something in there :P
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Seems Alshon might be joining Dez on the sidelines
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Well, I've done a stunning job at avoiding the huge injuries, which is obviously a testament to my skill.

Aside from that, I've been quite happy through week 1. Obviously CJA is hurting me, but with Hyde blowing up and LBell back next week, I'll be okay. My unexciting WRs have been doing exactly what I planned for, and that's be average. I punted heavily on WRs, so expectations were low. Hoping to see some life from Stills going forward.

Obviously Gronk is his usual self. The interesting story will be to see if Kelce, Eifert and ASJ keep up their week 1 points, thus making my 1.09 (I think?) spent on Gronk a pretty bad deal in comparison.

My biggest worry is QB. Manning the Elder has struggled, and with Cassel loosing out to Tyrod I have no bye week coverage at all.

But for a competitive 16-team league, I think I'm solidly on track for the playoffs. I mean, a whole 1/16th of the season is done already, so that's a clear trend.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:52 pm

MARKinMI wrote:when did the standings start getting cut off on the right side? I'm guessing its because the left menu was added and is pushing the right column of the screen. When i designed the layout i did it w/o that left menu. If you guys want me to try to fix it so every thing fits while still using that left menu just PM the commish password and I'll see what i can do to clean it up....

It bugs me when something i made looks funny lol.
I just found this msg from sloth:

"you get on there and fix it, can you add victory points to the standings since we are going that route.

thanks man,

trav"

First i need the commish password to do anything to the site.

second: I'm going to let the commish do the VP's as there are many different ways to set that up. If you just need a VP column in the standings I can add that but the commish will have to setup how you guys want VP's to work and how the standings sorts them if he hasn't already.

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:59 am

just want to point out that we are officially pulling our Irishdoom trade offer now that he's on staff.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:06 am

Goirish374 wrote:just want to point out that we are officially pulling our Irishdoom trade offer now that he's on staff.
How were negotiations going?
Jules was on my 'untouchable' list so hopefully you hit a wall ;)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:20 am

i thought we could sneak in a buy-low offer.

Jules has already hit the critical 7000 post wall, so we wanted to sell him as the aging veteran about to fall off the cliff against the New Content Fever hype train that Irishdoom is riding.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:43 am

Goirish374 wrote:i thought we could sneak in a buy-low offer.

Jules has already hit the critical 7000 post wall, so we wanted to sell him as the aging veteran about to fall off the cliff against the New Content Fever hype train that Irishdoom is riding.
So you wanted us to trade Megatron for Moncrief?

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:24 am

maxhyde wrote:So you wanted us to trade Megatron for Moncrief?
i prefer to think of it as "that was your last chance to get dlf_ryanf at Irishdoom prices."

:biggrin:

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:38 am

Goirish374 wrote:
maxhyde wrote:So you wanted us to trade Megatron for Moncrief?
i prefer to think of it as "that was your last chance to get dlf_ryanf at Irishdoom prices."

:biggrin:
:clap:

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:37 am

Interestingly, all four divisions now have the same records. One 2-0 team, one 0-2 team, and two 1-1 teams. Odds of it lasting into week three are slim.

On another note, I went 2-0 in the two weeks LBell was on my bench. LBell time!

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:00 pm

dlf_jeffl wrote:Interestingly, all four divisions now have the same records. One 2-0 team, one 0-2 team, and two 1-1 teams. Odds of it lasting into week three are slim.

On another note, I went 2-0 in the two weeks LBell was on my bench. LBell time!
We all played within our divisions so far. Seems reasonable that the records would be similar.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker