HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: DLF HoF League -- predictions (Green Division)

Postby Goirish374 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:54 am

Now:
Titus Youngs Lawyer
auggiedoggies (will need those young WRs to step up sooner rather than later)
knotts
seventy5 (love this team going forward but absolutely nothing in terms of RB for this season)

Future:
auggiedoggies
seventy5
knotts (not much to speak of at WR beyond Dez/Allen, and that assumes Allen becomes what we hope he can be)
TYL (best all around position group this year but RBs those RBs fall off a cliff soon)
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:41 am

I wanted to add a note about my ranking for Auggie, which is much lower than most. He just happens to have a few guys that I just don't like as much, and rank lower than the consensus. Empirically, he's probably 3rd at worst, but as this is subjective, I have him lower.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:22 am

Irishdoom wrote:I wanted to add a note about my ranking for Auggie, which is much lower than most. He just happens to have a few guys that I just don't like as much, and rank lower than the consensus. Empirically, he's probably 3rd at worst, but as this is subjective, I have him lower.
Yeah, i figured my team would be one of the more polarizing ones. I've got quite a few guys that I'm higher on then most (Cooks, Kelce, Mason, Berger, Edelman, J Stew) combined with some guys who are just naturally polarizing (Martavis/Latavius).
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:43 am

I wanted to add another note that DLFHOFL division names are so much better than ours...

Ryan (McDowell) Division
Ken (Moody) Division
Jules Division
Jarrett (Behar) Division

anything, please!

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:48 am

Goirish374 wrote:I wanted to add another note that DLFHOFL division names are so much better than ours...

Ryan (McDowell) Division
Ken (Moody) Division
Jules Division
Jarrett (Behar) Division

anything, please!
I don't know, I'm confused by the colors. Did I already vote for the White division? The Green? At least with ours there was an obvious conference split to help keep it straight.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:45 pm

le bumperino!!! more rankings ppl
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:35 am

Irishdoom wrote:Did I already vote for the White division? The Green?
touche

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:46 am

One last desperate bump.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

HOF league discussion

Postby sloth8u » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:06 am

when the league formed, it was kind of mentioned that it be an open book to the communtiy of thoughts, opinions, strategies, etc... this certainly isnt a thread for just the hof members to post in and all opinions are welcome.

figured that i would go ahead and get something started and see where it goes after week 1 and going in to week 2. for those that dont know, its a 16 team, 1ppr, 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 2flex format. i havent followed the premium league all that much with all my other leagues, but it would appear that there has been significantly less trading in the hof league. take from that whatever you choose. over the next few weeks, i would think that the league starts to sort itself out and owners start deciding on whether they are buyers or sellers. i certainly dont want the community to run the league and impact trades, but i thought it would be a good idea to get some thoughts of the more active members around here and how they are handling their situations.

no real need to go into details of every team, but assume it safe to say that injuries have impacted some teams more than others. if any of you dealing with injuries would like to share your thoughts on how your going to approach your situation...feel free. others have found themselves a little deeper or depleted at certain positions than they initially had projected (i would assume). in your situations...are you buying or selling? maybe just riding it out?

http://www29.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/59574#0

i will go 1st, dont believe ive ever mentioned the strategy for this team. so i will start by saying that i drafted near the end of the rd. took rodgers in rd1 and was hoping to land graham in rd 2. its been a successful strategy in the past. as it happened, graham didnt make it to me. my focus then turned to whether or not i would take lacy or nelson. wanted to go this route because we always seem to have threads about owning the qb and rb or qb and wr from the same team. why not, have it in this league for all to reference. i chose lacy because i know how hard rb1 production can be to find. i wont lie, its the only league i own him because i have some concerns about the injuries. from there i just pieced together a team of vets and buy low young guys and elected to stay away from rookie draft picks. ultimately, i drafted a team with limited upside for the future, but a team that could atleast compete, but may not contend. waviers opened up and i elected to just save my bb cash in hopes someone would sneak through the cracks. i wanted to be able to land the rare guy that had gotten missed. the league is 16x25...there are a ton of guys already rostered.

on to week 1. i was able to get the W in week 1, with what quite possibly may be my highest scoring outing this year. i dont anticipate being the top scorer very often, but i will take it. this week my focus was trying to land another rb, but like expected....everyone is still waiting a few weeks to determine what they want to do. wont get into the details of the offers i sent, but the responses ive gotten are that the offers are fair, but the other owner wants to wait and see. i havent received a single offer this week, which isnt much of a suprise to me. as a matter of fact, i can probably count on 3 fingers the number of offers ive received since the start up draft. (my roster isnt filled with the high profile names)

advice after week 1 from this hof member: im sure alot of owners out there are in the same boat throughout your leagues. if your in need of a position, dont go out and give a ton more today than what you would have last week at this time. its only been 1 week, and the players value really could not have changed all that much over 1 game. on the flip side of that, maybe your team is not as good as you believe after 1 week. if you have some owners buying in to certain players and are willing to pay a price that wasnt realistic a week ago, now may be a time to make a sell high move. its often times hard to look at our teams and say to ourselves...this isnt going to be my year. instead we look at it through rose colored glasses and think...just maybe we can pull this one off. its a dynasty league folks...dont leave value sitting on the table if you arent a contender.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:24 am

Well Sloth, I'll chirp in here.

I too drafted a bit later in our draft (I think 9th) and chose to attempt to build a balanced team. Main starting players - stream Qb between Kaepernick and N.Foles, AP at rb, others are back ups or depth guys at best. (Rb is definitely my weakest position), Wr are Calvin ( who I think most dynasty owners criminally undervalue due to ageism, J.Matthews, K.Wright, M.Wheaton, DGB, TE - J.Cameron and D.Walker.

If I can get one of my rb to step up and give me some type of weekly production, I think I can be a playoff team. I won't overreact to the first weeks poor performances of AP and Calvin. I am mildly happy about Foles playing at a satisfactory level in St.Louis, and Kaep at least looked serviceable as he showed that he's improved on some aspects of his game with the work he put in over the off season. I loved what I saw out of Jordan Matthews and Kendall Wright, and fully expect Calvin to be more like Calvin.

bottom line, I'm not really a buyer or a seller at this point and I'm not surprised at all that trade activity in this league is less than most. We are all knowledgeable and active, and it is our inaugural year. Things will have to shake out a bit more.

Should be interesting to see where this goes.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:09 am

I highly doubt Im competing this year, but like the others above picked late in the first round and didn't really like the options that would be available at 1.16/2.01 and 3.16/4.01 (picks 16/17/48/49) so I tried to load up on picks.

Early on I felt as if the late 1st-early 2nd was my sweet spot in the rookie draft. I had guys like Abdullah/Coleman/Dorsett/Agholor/Perriman very highly on my board and wanted as many picks as possible in that range. Come rookie draft time guys like Strong/Ajayi/etc lost a ton of value and my guys skyrocketed up the boards only to end up coming off the board mid 1st (I had 1.11/1.12/1.13/2.03/2.04 and a few other 2nds) so I missed out on some of the values I thought Id have. During the start up draft, I was trying to build a roster of something like:

QB: Russell Wilson - Sam Bradford
WR: TY Hilton
WR: Breshad Perriman (1.13)
WR: Nelson Agholor (2.03) - Phillip Dorsett (2.04 ended up getting him, but stayed true to my board and took him/reached at 1.10)
FL: 2nd - 2nd - 2nd - 2nd - Brian Quick - 2016 1st - 2nd - 2nd - 2nd
TE: Jimmy Graham - Eric Ebron
RB: Ameer Abdullah (1.10)
RB: TJ Yeldon or Tevin Coleman at 1.11 - Matt Jones/Buck Allen/Jeremy Langford/Michael Dyer with my late 2nd/3rds (ended up getting all of them but traded Matt)

With a 1/2/2/2/2/3 next year I would have liked having that roster to build around, but things didn't exactly go to plan. I managed to make a few moves and at least get some players I liked long-term, but my team is definitely too young to contend this year so I'll be looking for youth and selling off short-term production this year. Most of my team should at least increase in market value over the next year because of their age. Year 1 to year 2 players almost always get hype at some point, so Im just avoiding the guys with limited time as they add no value to my roster:

QB: Russell Wilson - Sam Bradford
WR: Sammy Watkins - Brian Quick - Jaelen Strong - Sammie Coates
WR: Nelson Agholor - TY Montgomery
FL: Phillip Dorsett - Devin Smith - Paul Richardson
FL: 2016 1st - 2nd - 2nd - 2nd - 2nd - 3rd - 3rd
TE: Jimmy Graham - Eric Ebron - Clive Walford
RB: Tevin Coleman
RB: Buck Allen - Jeremy Langford - haha

As for the league/trading, it just seems like all of the owners are smart and aren't making any reactionary moves. Everybody has "their guys" and they want to stick to their evaluations and hold for a while to see what happens.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:01 am

I have been hit hard with injuries. Week 1 Spiller, Nelson and J. Thomas were out so effectively my best RB,WR and TE. Amaro Is on the IR too so I had to start Marcedes Lewis that got no points. I barely won against the only opponent that scored less than me that week. I am encouraged by Dunbar an Coleman that could fill some holes in the starting lineup due to injury. I have a great offer of a 2nd round pick for Dunbar which immediately made me confront the issue of whether or not I can compete this year due to injury. As I right now I think I'm going to stay the win-now course and hope Spiller/JT can come back and produce.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:16 am

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:I have been hit hard with injuries. Week 1 Spiller, Nelson and J. Thomas were out so effectively my best RB,WR and TE. Amaro Is on the IR too so I had to start Marcedes Lewis that got no points. I barely won against the only opponent that scored less than me that week. I am encouraged by Dunbar an Coleman that could fill some holes in the starting lineup due to injury. I have a great offer of a 2nd round pick for Dunbar which immediately made me confront the issue of whether or not I can compete this year due to injury. As I right now I think I'm going to stay the win-now course and hope Spiller/JT can come back and produce.
I'm starting to like Julius' situation more and more in Jacksonville each week. There were a few reports of him looking like the best player on the field during OTA/training camp, and I'm still not sold on A-Rob being a featured WE1. Bortles flooded his slot receiver with targets this weekend as well and I think those targets may go to Julius once he's on the field.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:14 pm

I was the lame owner that wasn't trading draft picks while we did our startup.
I have only done a few startups in the past and had done a ton of trading around to get "my guys" so I wanted to see how a clean startup went with sticking to my spots 1.10/2.07 etc and drafting what I thought were the best values at the time while taking a few selective risks on players I felt were undervalued by the community as a whole.
I ended up selecting a few rookie picks because I love rookie picks 1.01@2.07, 1.16, 2.14,3.03 and 3.08. My team is in the signature and I added in some details.

I went through some of my strategy in another thread but I usually try to build a balanced team with enough to compete while having youth/picks to develop. I am not a fan of punting for a few years nor am I big supporter of having a bunch of declining assets. Some risks have to be taken while drafting with savvy owners like this group and I think I did OK on my "gambles". Martin/DMC/Bush I expect to outplay the spot I took them in but some others like Cooper/Floyd/RGIII probably aren't going to match the players selected around them. Cooper, I expected to underperform relative to his ADP mates but I am still hoping Floyd proves me right...isn't that all any of us want ;)
While I do not see myself as a favorite, week 1 results will back me up there, I should have a shot at the playoffs.

I am a little disappointed in myself because I have made only one trade and that was during the rookie draft trading for 2.08 giving up 2.14/3.08 to grab Lockett who I liked just after the Strong/Funchess/Dorsett group of players. Its not my typical style to be silent on the transaction feeds but I did build a team that I liked, with some players not everyone likes, so I am not feeling the need to spray around trade offers to get help anywhere. I would be open to moving players but nothing I have seen yet pushed the needle in a direction I was comfortable moving or just weren't realistic offers imo.

Anyway I had a pretty horrible first week. Almost as bad as I could have projected but I generally make moves in late August and hold off until after week 3/4. I don't want to get too reactionary unless the situation is dire and I feel like an 0-3 or 0-4 start while a deep hole isn't impossible for a good team to dig out of. In any case you know by the trade deadline where you sit and sooner if you pile up a couple more losses before week 8.

In truth I didn't expect much movement in this group of owners. Solid guys, all of them, so as can be the case in startups I would expect most of us like their teams to a great degree. Obviously Dez situations and Martavis late suspension news can impact teams and strategies but I don't expect alot of impulse moves in this group as I expect we are all in it for the long haul and will stick to strategies that have been successful in the past.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:31 pm

I'm feeling pretty decent about my squad. Lost a close w1 matchup, but I was #6 in scoring despite a goose egg from DeSean Jackson and a poor lineup decision (Amendola over Woodhead). AJG and Julio remain healthy, and the shotgun approach to RBs looks like it may work. If worse comes to worst, I'm still holding my own 2016 1st and knotts's, which got a slight bump in value with Dez's injury.

Here's my squad, in relevant part:

Rivers, Flacco
Yeldon, Forsett, Woodhead, Dion Lewis, Sims, Bradshaw, Pierre Thomas
Julio, AJG, DJax, LaFell, Amendola
Bennett, Cook

ETA: I sent a bunch of trade offers for RBs in late summer but never worked out a deal. As things stand now, I don't see any obvious moves -- maybe sell Bennett to a TE-needy contender, as I believe in Cook more than most.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!