HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby maxhyde » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:32 pm

Dookmariot wrote:
maxhyde wrote:Hmmm...Maybe CMike on the Pack isn't so bad...maybe push Starks some
"Stage 3: Bargaining"
I dont get the reference but sure...
I mean i start him ellington or marshawn lynch this week so CMike it is unless he is inactive

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:56 pm

maxhyde wrote:
Dookmariot wrote:
maxhyde wrote:Hmmm...Maybe CMike on the Pack isn't so bad...maybe push Starks some
"Stage 3: Bargaining"
I dont get the reference but sure...
I mean i start him ellington or marshawn lynch this week so CMike it is unless he is inactive

It's from the Kubler Ross five stages of grief. Thought a Christine Michael owner could relate! :P
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Dookmariot wrote:
maxhyde wrote: I dont get the reference but sure...

It's from the Kubler Ross five stages of grief. Thought a Christine Michael owner could relate! :P
:lol:
Thanks but I wasnt sad. I dont think he is special but took a deal because it filled needs. Sloth8u saw a fit and it worked for us....smart owner.
I liked what i gave up better but needed what he offered more...leverage enough but not excessive

Anyway i doubt he amounts to much in gb but who knows...relieved i dont need to sell my soul for a rb...today

RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:59 pm

latest trade was pretty big one

jules gets: stafford, prosise, keenan allen, early 2nd, hopefully late 2nd
knotts gets: flacco, akeem hunt, julio jones

i hated giving up prosise hes a man crush of mine but this trade sets me up with 3 studly players i believe i can count on for minimum 60 pts a week in leveon bell, julio jones, and antonio brown. my depth is poop tho
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:02 am

knotts4372 wrote:latest trade was pretty big one

jules gets: stafford, prosise, keenan allen, early 2nd, hopefully late 2nd
knotts gets: flacco, akeem hunt, julio jones

i hated giving up prosise hes a man crush of mine but this trade sets me up with 3 studly players i believe i can count on for minimum 60 pts a week in leveon bell, julio jones, and antonio brown. my depth is poop tho
Yeah I think you killed it in this one but I am not a believer in Allen the same way you and Jules (likely others) are.
I do like Jules upgrading his QB and landing Procise. Think it is a solid move for his team.

Going to make our conference last few games very interesting to say the least...

I thought my chances slid pretty hard when CMike was cut and Alshon takes a vacation but now they feel even worse.

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:28 am

Wow...jules is putting on a clinic on shaking your mid-standing blues.
(I don't necessarily mean in terms of the trades themselves or their value, but more in the sense of recognizing the situation your team is in and acting, decisively and aggressively, to change it)

Knots, how would you classify your team on the competing--rebuilding spectrum?
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:51 am

I'd forgotten that playoff entries are divided by conference. In theory, that gives me slightly better odds. It comes down to me (24 VPs) against ericanadian (23 VPs) for the last spot in our conference.

Oddly, I think this trade is neutral for my playoff chances (because of Julio's Week 11 bye), though it almost certainly hurts me if I make it to the playoffs.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:11 am

Yeah but you transition to a RB heavy lineup from a WR heavy. Not sure there is a net gain/loss in that. Guess it depends on how much they feed Rawls

Agree probably slightly weaker overall for the remainder of 2016 but a calculated decision it would seem. I think it is a solid move for you both

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:17 pm

Goirish374 wrote:Wow...jules is putting on a clinic on shaking your mid-standing blues.
(I don't necessarily mean in terms of the trades themselves or their value, but more in the sense of recognizing the situation your team is in and acting, decisively and aggressively, to change it)

Knots, how would you classify your team on the competing--rebuilding spectrum?
my team is on fire right now after a very slow start. im currently tied for my division lead and well in the victory points running (tied for 2nd in vp in my conference).my team is now about to be a huge roller coaster i think. im solid with bell, julio, ab, and i think im fine at qb with mariota/flacco, also gore is pretty consistent so thats 5 out of the 8 roster spots i think im solid. after that i just need theo riddick to just remain relevant. my biggest problem is at te. im currently starting either charles clay/will tye. but the ppl with good te to trade want too much imo to go after them. i may shop antonio or leveon bell for a lesser wr/rb and depth

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:37 pm

Can everybody want too much or is the market just higher than anticipated?

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:30 pm

that might be a little of both. i just know ,for myself, the price so far wasnt right for me

@donnynutz on twitter

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:01 pm

I totally get that. I am anti-TE in non-premium leagues.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:55 pm

dlf_jules wrote:I'd forgotten that playoff entries are divided by conference. In theory, that gives me slightly better odds. It comes down to me (24 VPs) against ericanadian (23 VPs) for the last spot in our conference.

Oddly, I think this trade is neutral for my playoff chances (because of Julio's Week 11 bye), though it almost certainly hurts me if I make it to the playoffs.
Did not know that. Glad my efforts to throw this season were rejected across the board.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:43 pm

ericanadian wrote:
dlf_jules wrote:I'd forgotten that playoff entries are divided by conference. In theory, that gives me slightly better odds. It comes down to me (24 VPs) against ericanadian (23 VPs) for the last spot in our conference.

Did not know that. Glad my efforts to throw this season were rejected across the board.
Yeah. Tough for me to reject that given the situation.
It was probably FMV but I decided to take a calculated risk that looks much worse post Jules-messing-up-the-power-balance-in-my-conference ;)

Recalculating....

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Trade deadline coming up...I am all ears.
I like Jeffery but might be willing to move him him if I don't have to eat too much of a loss.
Might be in the market for whatever though.