HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:11 pm

i have made a few big trades in this league to get my weekly starting lineup to:

mariota
leveon bell
riddick
gore
antonio
julio
steve smith
random obscure te

i love my starters but if i get an injury im screwed without depth. i also am pretty screwed at te and just hoping to get lucky with charles clay or will tye. the lack of much on the benmch tho kills the ability to get a te. i do think i have a great shot in playoffs tho
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:30 pm

Races for playoff spots are tight.

I started the jumbo package 3TE's because I am sure if I bench Floyd, he will go for 30 pts this week....nothing like stacking up bench points.

...Witten with a lovely line of 0-0-0 this week. Should help me wrestle defeat from the jaws of victory
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:48 am

So which League match-ups are the biggest spoilers for the playoffs this weekend?
@PlankMelody

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:45 am

I think there are pretty much spoilers available in every matchup. TY and Knotts can mess with each other.
So many playoff scenarios and all the teams that are hopeful almost need wins to guarantee a spot I think except future. Although I think Steveeb would have to have a really bad week (0VP) to miss and even then it isn't guaranteed he misses.
Our conference is up for grabs for all playoff spots and the bye week...any of the 4 could be the conf champ or out of the playoffs
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:24 am

sloth8u wrote:when the league formed, it was kind of mentioned that it be an open book to the communtiy of thoughts, opinions, strategies, etc... this certainly isnt a thread for just the hof members to post in and all opinions are welcome.

.....for those that dont know, its a 16 team, 1ppr, 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 2flex format.... i thought it would be a good idea to get some thoughts of the more active members around here and how they are handling their situations.

maybe just riding it out?

.....i will go 1st, dont believe ive ever mentioned the strategy for this team. so i will start by saying that i drafted near the end of the rd. took rodgers in rd1 and was hoping to land graham in rd 2. its been a successful strategy in the past. as it happened, graham didnt make it to me. my focus then turned to whether or not i would take lacy or nelson. wanted to go this route because we always seem to have threads about owning the qb and rb or qb and wr from the same team. why not, have it in this league for all to reference. i chose lacy because i know how hard rb1 production can be to find. i wont lie, its the only league i own him because i have some concerns about the injuries. from there i just pieced together a team of vets and buy low young guys and elected to stay away from rookie draft picks. ultimately, i drafted a team with limited upside for the future, but a team that could atleast compete, but may not contend.
back to a brief summary from page 1. :D

i knew going in that i was working with a project. as projected, a contender in year 1, from an unexpecting marshall....and when i couldnt move my 1st in the offseason....i sold marshall for a slue of picks to start building around. im probably lucky that noone valued my pick...it likely would have wound up in the top 5 anyways and id still be stuck in a similar situation without the pick. :thumbup:

sold marshall for the picks last offseason and this season gave
michael, witten, gio, and vjax
for
jordan cameron, jesse james, decker, crowder, and eli rogers, aswell as earning the #2.

as noted in the op, i was in a limited window (basically marhall) and cashed out last draft by adding 5 fliers. a few minor moves this season and hopefully a move or 2 this offseason will put me right back in the hunt in 2018.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Always good to circle back around.
I thought I was a playoff team last year and wasn't by a slim margin. After Calvin/Lynch decided to quit football I figured I would be up against a wall to make a run. I had some nice players but losing 2 top end starters is pretty tough with deep rosters seeing as Calvin cost me most of my 2016 picks and Lockett/Woods.
Made the playoffs this year thanks only to Brees/David Johnson with Rudolph chipping in a better than anticipated season.
However I have had made some deals I question my judgement on but circumstances dictated I needed to make moves when I did. Judge for yourself

November
maxhyde gave up Martin, Doug TBB RB; Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from maxhyde
Jules gave up Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR; Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Jules

September
sloth8u gave up Michael, Christine GBP RB;Witten, Jason DAL TE
maxhyde gave up Crowder, Jamison WAS WR;Rogers, Eli PIT WR

May
Dookmariot gave up Gordon, Josh CLE WR
maxhyde gave up Cousins, Kirk WAS QB

maxhyde gave up West, Charcandrick KCC RB
nation31 gave up Ellington, Andre ARI RB

Anyway I don't see a scenario where I am not making some moves this off season no matter how I do in the playoffs. Given I am playing thebeast and probably a bit of a 'dog in the matchup with pretty much a 0 at RB2, it might not matter that Jeffery is back week 15. However if I can squeak by week 14 I like my chances as much as anyone even with that gaping hole at RB2.

I can say is this league is great to be a part of with spectacular owners and is among my favorites.

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:15 pm

Ugh what a gross year for me....2nd in the entire league in points scored, and I was the bubble boy for the playoffs. Didn't make a single trade all year, because I really liked my team and didn't think I had to! Just awful luck, as I was also 2nd in points scored AGAINST.

Damn. Just a sad year for me. At least I actually have all of my picks this year...but I fear that this was the last year of glory for me. No idea if I can count on Edelman/Jennings/Latavius/Fitz beyond this year, and my only young stud is Cooks. If Martavis comes back, that would be a huge boon for me into the future.
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:31 pm

auggiedoggies wrote:Ugh what a gross year for me....2nd in the entire league in points scored, and I was the bubble boy for the playoffs. Didn't make a single trade all year, because I really liked my team and didn't think I had to! Just awful luck, as I was also 2nd in points scored AGAINST.

Damn. Just a sad year for me. At least I actually have all of my picks this year...but I fear that this was the last year of glory for me. No idea if I can count on Edelman/Jennings/Latavius/Fitz beyond this year, and my only young stud is Cooks. If Martavis comes back, that would be a huge boon for me into the future.
I like your team and think you will be fine especially adding draft picks to your squad. You got sort of screwed in W/L...unluckiest team in the league I suspect

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:09 pm

This season made it pretty clear how much my team is tied to the success of Cam Newton. Him being on pace to drop roughly 150 points on the year dropped me from a top tier team to just missing the playoffs. Luckily, I kept my draft intact and was able to move Steve Smith. Should be able to add some more contributors in the draft and remain in contention for a third year, if Carolina can get things going again.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:57 am

Congrats to the_future on winning the DLF HOF league 2016 edition...

maxhyde is open to trading whenever our season is back on....gotta trash this loser team ASAP

ayrichieb
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ayrichieb » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:04 pm

link to the league?
2014 est. 12 team (22 Keepers), 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (.5 PPR)
Chicks Digg Scars: (1-2), 2020-4th, 2019-2nd, 2018-7th, 2017-4th, 2016-6th, 2015-5th, 2014-2nd
QB- D.Prescott, M.Stafford, T.Lance
RB- N.Chubb, J.Mixon, K.Hunt, A.Gibson, D.Harris, T.Sermon, M.Davis, T.Williams
WR- AJ.Brown, S.Diggs, C.Ridley, C.Godwin, O.Beckham, A.Robinson, J.Reagor, C.Claypool, R.Bateman
TE- M.Andrews, L.Thomas
2022 Draft Picks- 1, 3, 4, 4, 5

2021 est. 10 team (22 Keepers), 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex (.5 PPR)
Satan's Alley
QB- D.Watson, T.Lawrence
RB- C.Edwards-Helaire, J.Jacobs, M.Carter, T.Pollard, T.Sermon, D.Williams
WR- AJ.Brown, D.Adams, M.Thomas, B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, T.Marshall, R.Moore, M.Callaway, C.Beasley
TE- T.Hockenson, R.Tonyan
2022 Draft Picks- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:06 pm

ayrichieb wrote:link to the league?
http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/23015#0

teprovich88
Captain
Captain

Postby teprovich88 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:25 pm

Jules and HawkeyeState will be leaving the HoF league. For all of you who are league members, please email me with your nominations of forum members for possibly replacement owners. Teams will be filled on first come, first serve basis for those nominations.
Pittsburgh Predators: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2021 Champion
NDFL: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/14733#0

Pittsburgh Tyrants: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 Champion
ADFL: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/12028#0

DLF HoF: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/23015#0

DLF Premium: http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/15795#0

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:39 am

Congrats Future, and happy trails to Jules and Hawkeye! Makes me wish I was joining this league THIS year. Two decent teams...

Max had a good year. One title and one runner up in the leagues we share.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:43 am

Dookmariot wrote:Congrats Future, and happy trails to Jules and Hawkeye! Makes me wish I was joining this league THIS year. Two decent teams...

Max had a good year. One title and one runner up in the leagues we share.
Thanks but sometimes small sample sizes are deceptive ;)
I play in so many leagues even random average says I should win one every now and then. Probably works out in the end to exposing me as a below average owner or worse. I won't run the numbers because they might validate that idea.

Sorry to see Jules and Hawkeye go. Both have built solid teams and leave future owners in great shape. Both were a credit to the level of competition in the DLF HOF league