HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby maxhyde » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Thanks Mark. We do have a couple decent teams available....
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:23 pm

maxhyde wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:14 pm Thanks Mark. We do have a couple decent teams available....
Link?

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:23 pm

maxhyde wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:14 pm Thanks Mark. We do have a couple decent teams available....
Thanks for the offer but I'm in not doing any new leagues this year. My Graphics hobby has gotten to point where it takes a ton of my time and doesn't leave much to properly run my existing teams/leagues.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:11 am

dlf_jaronf wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:23 pm
Link?

HawkeyeState and Jules are the open teams http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/23015#0
We lost the top/side menus in the upgrade...so is a little tricky to navigate
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)

teprovich88
Captain
Captain

Postby teprovich88 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:57 pm

I deleted the CSS style sheet to be able to navigate through the league with the recent update.

I emailed you Mark, let me know if you did not get it. I would assume you are swamped right now with emails due to this "update".

If anyone is interested in taking over the two orphaned teams, please contact me via DM or email (commissionerDLFPL@gmail.com).
Pittsburgh Predators: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2021 Champion
NDFL: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/14733#0

Pittsburgh Tyrants: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 Champion
ADFL: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/12028#0

DLF HoF: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/23015#0

DLF Premium: http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/15795#0

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:04 am

All right we have 14 guys and it is April. Lets get some input on guys we should be inviting from a few more of you.

Then start draft prep...meaning sending the new owners a bunch of offers and have an active April.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:38 pm

I couldn't stay away.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:35 pm

dlf_jules wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:38 pm I couldn't stay away.
Excellent news! So I think we are full now

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Go Bucks » Tue May 09, 2017 2:28 pm

I'm not in this league, but would love to hear an explanation on how Cam Newton gets traded for M Lee and Mr. Irrelevant (pick 3.16) ? It's not like the team trading Cam has great QB depth, as now only has T Taylor. Why wouldn't he at least ask for 2.16 instead of 3.16 ?
If trades like this are common in this league, then have no idea why you pretend it's some kind of expert league.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue May 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Yeah, that's not a great looking trade... I get that M. Lee is on the rise, having had a pretty good year, and it's a full PPR league. But Cam is still a top 5-8 QB. And neither side is solid at QB. If eric had a solid starter, then I could see him giving up Cam to shore up his woeful RB, WR or TE corps. But selling Cam for 50 cents on the dollar when he only has Tyrod Taylor... That's a redraft move.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue May 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Go Bucks wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 2:28 pm I'm not in this league, but would love to hear an explanation on how Cam Newton gets traded for M Lee and Mr. Irrelevant (pick 3.16) ? It's not like the team trading Cam has great QB depth, as now only has T Taylor. Why wouldn't he at least ask for 2.16 instead of 3.16 ?
If trades like this are common in this league, then have no idea why you pretend it's some kind of expert league.
First, Taylor put up roughly the same number of points as Cam in our league last year. Second, I see Cam's rushing ability continuing to fall off and while his passing numbers should rebound a bit, his inaccuracy in the short passing game is going to continue to allow teams to box him in and tee off on him. I probably sold low on him, but I don't see him suddenly regaining the title of number one QB. For me, he's no longer a top five quarterback. I would take any of Wilson, Ryan, Rodgers, Mariota & Luck ahead of him without a second thought. He's probably back end of the top ten and how much value do you think that should have in a 1QB league (even with 16 teams)?

If the issue is with Lee as the return, he barely came in behind ARob in terms of production with roughly 50 less targets and over 200 less snaps as he was working as the third receiver most of the year. I suspect the production will push him into two-wide sets and even if it doesn't, the departure of Julius Thomas will likely open more three wide sets. I've also liked Lee's talent since he came out in the draft and that hasn't changed.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed May 10, 2017 10:49 am

Go Bucks wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 2:28 pm I'm not in this league, but would love to hear an explanation on how Cam Newton gets traded for M Lee and Mr. Irrelevant (pick 3.16) ? It's not like the team trading Cam has great QB depth, as now only has T Taylor. Why wouldn't he at least ask for 2.16 instead of 3.16 ?
Nobody ever claimed it was an expert league so who where did you get that idea from?
DLF HOF just meant that at the time the person had alot of posts on the forums. Pretty sure typing opinions on forums doesn't make you an expert at anything.

Everybody has their own way of assessing value and just try getting top asset value for a QB in a PPR 16 team league. It isn't easy and you can only deal with the guys that have the stuff you want. No QB deal in our league yet has been for high value assets

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed May 10, 2017 11:35 am

It isn't necessarily stated, but is implied. If it isn't special, why does it have a thread in the main area of the DLF forum? Not any Joe Blow league gets that or would be allowed. It was stated that 'people want to follow us'...well, nobody wants to follow random leagues, but the participants felt it was worthy, therefore better than a normal league.

I've moved past debate and don't care about the 'validity' of the thread anymore (yes, I even check in every once and a while to see what stuff continues to be posted in it), but figured I'd respond to the question. If not stated, it's definitely implied, otherwise it wouldn't be here or approved by the mods.

'Expert' is a subjective term anyway. From what I can tell it is just someone who gets paid to talk fantasy football, or has put in extra effort to make their voice heard.

I will note that I think a league in and of itself that can have this type of discussion and open exposure to deals and moves is great. I love talking about my leagues to leaguemates. My only uncertainty is how much people outside of any league actually care to that level of detail. I'm not here to debate it though. That ship has sailed.

I agree for an outsider view, that deal in a 16 team league, seems extremely sub-par. People always advocate not to sell just to sell. This seems like one of those instances, even though i too am down on Newton and have no doubt sold below market value because of where i believe their value may be going in the future. Doesn't make it not a bad deal to have made though.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed May 10, 2017 2:23 pm

I agree with those who think it's a poor deal. I was surprised to see it. I think Eric's explanation is fine and makes sense, and while I'm not privy to how many people he reached out to about Cam I don't feel like that was the best offer he could have gotten. I'm pretty sure someone (including me) still think Cam is a top 3-5 QB.

I think expert is being confused with experienced. When we launched this league it was just at the time that dynasty leagues were gaining mainstream traction. The HOF posters at that time had mostly been around when these boards were just ramping up, despite our diverse valuations the commitment to providing advice and furthering discussion led to the traffic this forum has today. Are we experts? Maybe some are. But we are all experienced as are many other posters who now frequent this forum.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed May 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Yeah think the lesson if there is one here, is to always shop a guy around before finalizing a deal ..

Panthers according to Sharp Stats has the best schedule for next year ... and his formula is wayyy more involved then yards and records .. With just that knowledge I'd probably have given more value for Cam myself.

@PlankMelody