HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:57 am

JFever hinted that he might start Allen - and he did - and it could end up being the difference maker depending on how Trubisky plays for my squad tonight - regardless JFever is almost a lock for the win - stay tuned tomorrow for Week II Recap. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:22 am

Yep. Bitter sweet. Winning when you are in stages of rebuild.... Yuck. I'm hoping to have 2 picks in the top 6 in the 2019 draft. Nice to see production from some of the guys I thought could / would produce though. I'm pretty confident that I'll finish with a win as I doubt that Trubisky will put up 30 plus pts.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:23 am

DLF HOF Week II Results*

auggiesdoggies 138.50 TitusYoungsLawyer 90.10

Most dogs prefer to chase mailmen. These doggies though decided to chase (TitusYoungs)Lawyers - their secret to victory - the rumour that TYL was going to work on a motion to require all dogs to be members of the Dawg Pound. At O-2 TYL Jake Tyler Brigance they are not.

Seventy5 160.85 KNOTTS4372 110.80

Seventy5 did not need any Luck or Barkley - seriously remove them from the lineup and S5 still wins - to unravel the KNOTTS they faced this week. At 2-0 they are sitting pretty at the moment.

Plank 164.50 maxhyde 96.05

Apparently the team we should have given the benefit of the doubt was Plank - who is now 2-0 AND the current scoring leader. Hopefully did not force maxhyde to jump off in shark infested waters.

thebeast 119.65 sloth8u 108.90

sloth spotted thebeast a goose-egg and this game was still closer than one would have liked. When a powerhouse struggles out of the gate it could mean they need to make adjustments or it could mean they are more bleep-cat than mountain lion type of beast.

Dookmariot 156.65 nation31 139.60

This was a key matchup between 2 high scoring teams, and Dook emerged the winner despite some late game ARob production for nation. Anyways Ridley me this, Ridley me that, will Dookmariot make nation31 pay for the entire hotel mini-bar when they go to visit Jules next week?

Jules 78.55 steeveb 72.80

Speaking of Jules, they are thanking their lucky stars they got to play the one owner taking Zero-QB to the extreme - steeveb. Regardless with the high flying Dookmariot coming in town they have some serious soul searching to do (or they could request a transfer to the low scoring defensive minded Blue Division!).

DLF_JaronF 135.20 ericanadian 42.70

JFever sighed a sigh of relief when he learned his record for lowest score was safe, but it was a close thing, as 70% of ericanadians production came from 2 guys. Meanwhile Jaron is thinking, I wish I could use some of these points from my blowout wins down the road. Well at least he does not have to buy ericanadian a beer for taking advantage of him so often.

JFever 98.75 ArrylT 72.80

The threat of a months detention, and another one of his lectures on (the absence of) God was all the threat his team needed to make sure they took care of business - regardless JFever may want to consider spending some time at the gambling tables with their eerily early and smart decision to go with Allen over Bradford (you'll need to buy Valhalla another box of tissues though). ArrylT is just glad his team is leaving it all out on the field - they lead the league in least bench points.

* - Scoring adjustments not included

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:40 am

ArryIT, Hey now, it is fairly easy to lead the league in least bench points when ya look at who is on your bench. Lol.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am

I recognize both the 2 and the 0 in my record, but not in this particular order...
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:33 pm

I should almost get 2 losses I got spanked so badly.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:55 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:40 am ArryIT, Hey now, it is fairly easy to lead the league in least bench points when ya look at who is on your bench. Lol.
I was trying to make my team feel better. :evil: :P

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:27 pm

Nominated for DLF HOF blockbuster of the year ;)

Dookmariot trades C. Peake WR

Seventy5 trades M. Davis RB

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Blockbuster indeed! Hopefully each owner is happy to have gotten their guy. :biggrin:

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:15 am

Tremble. Joey and I are now loaded for bear.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:11 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:27 pm Nominated for DLF HOF blockbuster of the year ;)

Dookmariot trades C. Peake WR

Seventy5 trades M. Davis RB
Update the trade basically became M. Davis for a player to be named later as Peake hit his peak with Seventy5 and has since been replaced with J. Adams RB

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:36 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:23 am DLF HOF Week II Results*

auggiesdoggies 138.50 TitusYoungsLawyer 90.10

Most dogs prefer to chase mailmen. These doggies though decided to chase (TitusYoungs)Lawyers - their secret to victory - the rumour that TYL was going to work on a motion to require all dogs to be members of the Dawg Pound. At O-2 TYL Jake Tyler Brigance they are not.

Seventy5 160.85 KNOTTS4372 110.80

Seventy5 did not need any Luck or Barkley - seriously remove them from the lineup and S5 still wins - to unravel the KNOTTS they faced this week. At 2-0 they are sitting pretty at the moment.

Plank 164.50 maxhyde 96.05

Apparently the team we should have given the benefit of the doubt was Plank - who is now 2-0 AND the current scoring leader. Hopefully did not force maxhyde to jump off in shark infested waters.

thebeast 119.65 sloth8u 108.90

sloth spotted thebeast a goose-egg and this game was still closer than one would have liked. When a powerhouse struggles out of the gate it could mean they need to make adjustments or it could mean they are more bleep than mountain lion type of beast.

Dookmariot 156.65 nation31 139.60

This was a key matchup between 2 high scoring teams, and Dook emerged the winner despite some late game ARob production for nation. Anyways Ridley me this, Ridley me that, will Dookmariot make nation31 pay for the entire hotel mini-bar when they go to visit Jules next week?

Jules 78.55 steeveb 72.80

Speaking of Jules, they are thanking their lucky stars they got to play the one owner taking Zero-QB to the extreme - steeveb. Regardless with the high flying Dookmariot coming in town they have some serious soul searching to do (or they could request a transfer to the low scoring defensive minded Blue Division!).

DLF_JaronF 135.20 ericanadian 42.70

JFever sighed a sigh of relief when he learned his record for lowest score was safe, but it was a close thing, as 70% of ericanadians production came from 2 guys. Meanwhile Jaron is thinking, I wish I could use some of these points from my blowout wins down the road. Well at least he does not have to buy ericanadian a beer for taking advantage of him so often.

JFever 98.75 ArrylT 72.80

The threat of a months detention, and another one of his lectures on (the absence of) God was all the threat his team needed to make sure they took care of business - regardless JFever may want to consider spending some time at the gambling tables with their eerily early and smart decision to go with Allen over Bradford (you'll need to buy Valhalla another box of tissues though). ArrylT is just glad his team is leaving it all out on the field - they lead the league in least bench points.

* - Scoring adjustments not included
Scores are now "official" - not that any of the games were likely close enough that scoring adjustments would have had an impact.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:52 am

DLF HOF Standings Update

Name - W/L Record - Victory Points* - Points Scored - Points Allowed

Blue

DLF_JaronF - 2-0 - 6 VP - 253.25 - 103.55
JFever - 1-1 - 3 VP - 159.60 - 190.85
ericanadian - 1-1 - 2 VP - 131.15 - 200.45
ArrylT - 0-2 - 0 VP - 138.05 - 187.20

Black

Dookmariot - 2-0 - 7 VP - 265.65 - 225.40
nation31 - 1-1 - 6 VP - 283.50 - 274.85
Jules - 1-1 - 4 VP - 196.75 - 216.20
steeveb - 0-2 - 0 VP - 158.10 - 187.55

White

Plank - 2-0 - 8 VP - 322.65 - 196.65
thebeast - 1-1 - 4 VP - 229.50 - 218.85
maxhyde - 1-1 - 4 VP - 206.00 - 274.45
sloth8u - 0-2 - 2 VP - 209.50 - 277.70

Green

Seventy5 - 2-0 - 8 VP - 321.85 - 222.00
KNOTTS4372 - 1-1 - 5 VP - 240.05 - 249.40
auggiedoggies - 1-1 - 4 VP - 227.15 - 219.35
TitusYoungsLawyer - 0-2 - 1 VP - 201.30 - 299.60

* - If anyone needs an explanation of Victory Points let me know - I think it is a great addition to dynasty leagues :)

nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby nation31 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Thanks ArrylT for keeping the thread alive.

My team seems to be in the same position as last season. Scoring lots of points, but can't compete with the big boys in the league. Despite my efforts, I have been unable to land any deals recently. The values of players are all over the place in this league. I turned down the same deal thebeast and Steve made -zeke for freeman and hill, in which it would have been gurley. Looks like tyreek is a top five dynasty wr but gurley is still the top asset in my books, so I'm good with it

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:07 am

DLF HOF Week III Matchups

TitusYoungsLawyer at KNOTTS4372

TYL has agreed not to file any lawsuits, and in exchange Knotts has agreed to give TYL free passes to Knotts Berry Farm, if and only if TYL can win this week.

auggiesdoggies at Seventy5

Can S5 make it a clean sweep of their division? On paper it would seem to be safe to give them the nod - but this is why we play the games- because OAG.

Plank at thebeast

Almost as crucial as the auggiesdoggies/S5 matchup is this one. This could be key to determine if thebeast is up there with the other big boys. A win by Plank puts them (thebeast) at 1-2, 2 games behind in their own division and likely 2 games behind all the other top teams.

maxhyde at sloth8u

sloth8u seems to be showing signs of waking up, but with such a banged up RB corps, and little depth, the smart play is to go with maxhyde despite last weeks disappointment.

nation31 at steeveb

Can steeveb overcome an 0-2 start powered by Zero QB? Baker Mayfield time may mean it is time for a win.

Dookmariot at Jules

Battle of the new elite vs. the old elite. Will jules be gracious and pass the torch, like Roddy White to Julio Jones, over to Dookmariot. Or will he fight to remain one of the top dogs - ala Brady & Brees.

JFever at ericanadian

This is one of those matchups where both teams feel like they need to retool for the future, and so neither team really wants the win. For example a win by JFever will make him 2-1, but will make ericanadians pick even more valuable for Jules. While a win by ericanadian would make his formerly owned pick less valuable, but will give JFever better odds at the best 2019 talent. Maybe they'll settle for a tie. ;)

DLF_JaronF at ArrylT

JaronF looks set to go 3-0 so long as Mahomes does not turn into a pumpkin in Week III, but ArrylTs early production hopefully suggests it will not be a cakewalk.