General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Running Back

Orleans Darkwa

Why he's on my team: He was brought to my attention by one of the earlier Running Back Reports from Dynasty Delorean and I kept an eye on him ever since. He's struggled to stay healthy, but he's an effective runner and seemed to finally show capability for a valuable workload.

What concerns me: He seems to be pigeon-holed as a two-down running back, which caps his upside. Getting a plate removed right before free agency was not the greatest timing and seems to have killed his market. I'm hopeful injuries will open something up for him, but he could easily end up sliding into a role-player.

Chris Ivory

Why he's on my team: He's the quintessential spot starter. He'll fall into a game or two where you know he'll get some play and he'll usually produce even if he's horribly inefficient in doing so. The recent news with Shady may give him yet another opening.

What concerns me: He gets injured a lot and he's unlikely to be of any value to my team by the time I'm finished rebuilding.

Matt Jones

Why he's on my team: The price was right and he's shown some production when he had his shot in Washington. He's got a shot in Philly, so we'll see where this goes.

What concerns me: He fumbles and he's an ineffective interior runner. He's a big guy, so to view him as a passing down guy feels weird, so maybe he can improve in one, or both, of those areas. I hope so, but I'm not really expecting much here.

Byron Marshall

Why he's on my team: Heard on Ross Tucker's podcast that he was the highest paid practice squad guy in the NFL back when he was with Philly. He's a competent passing down back and while I don't see him overtaking Thompson, he could have some value down the line.

What concerns me: He's unlikely to ever be a featured guy, even with injuries, so he caps as an emergency spot starter or flex guy.

Doug Martin

Why he's on my team: Gruden likes passes to the running back and seems to prefer veterans almost always. I can't see Lynch suddenly becoming a receiving threat and I think Martin fits the Gruden profile better than Washington or Richard.

What concerns me: Is he done? He looked pretty awful in Tampa last year. Richard has also looked pretty dynamic at times and I could see him usurping the passing role if Martin falters. I'm also not sure Gruden's offense isn't going to be hot garbage.

Jerrick McKinnon

Why he's on my team: I think he's a great fit for Shanahan's outside zone scheme and I'm expecting big things. He's a metric superstar which is what drew me to him and I think he's undersized for a power scheme which is why I largely dismiss his failure in Minnesota... Plus that line was terrible.

What concerns me: Shanahan has no loyalty and an injury could see Joe Williams or some other schmuck in there taking over the lead role. McKinnon will need one full season of health the seal the role or he could wind up a backup in a hurry.

Jaylen Samuels

Why he's on my team: Hype, mostly. I like the kid's versatility and there's some upside there in Pittsburgh, but my expectations aren't super high here. There wasn't many RB options available by my pick and I don't have a lot of depth at the position, so I grabbed the last guy at the position that held any interest to me.

What concerns me: Pretty sure Bell will eventually get a contract. The team turfed their OC to appease Big Ben and I have no real reason to suspect that Roethlisberger is going to think moving Bell will be good for the team. He might start talking retirement again if the negotiations stall too much. Further, I can see no conceivable situation where Bell plays out the season, leaves as an FA and Samuels inherets the role without anyone better than him on the depth chart. He'll need Bell to miss some time and he'll need to light it up.

Bishop Sankey

Why he's on my team: Pretty much pure hatred of The Whiz. After getting burned as a Leinart & Beanie owner years back and watching Whiz make nonsensical decisions at RB year after year, I just want one of the guys he buried to hit it big and make him look like a fool. Sankey has solid metrics and while there doesn't appear to be much opportunity right now, I feel he's well positioned to at least gets a couple carries and work on rebuilding some value.

What worries me: As much as I hate Whiz, it's not like the guys he inexplicably benches are doing much in the league when they go somewhere else. Sankey is kind of in Matt Jones territory, where he looks like a proper running back but fumbles too much and isn't committed to rushing in the interior.

DeAndre Washington

Why he's on my team: He was my token Raider and at one point, I thought he had some promise.

What worries me: I'm not sure he makes the roster. Richard is better than him and Martin probably is too. I can't see the team rolling with three guys at one role. He's also just not all that good, so I'm not convinced that even if he got a shot that he'd be able to do anything with it.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Love this, thanks gents...keep up the good work.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:00 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:41 am I was inspired by his post to do the same (and made sure it was ok) so here is my mainly fantasy take on my QBs on my roster

Quarterback:

Blaine Gabbert

I tend to have a soft spot for underdogs, especially ones who I may have originally ignored/passed on. I was never high on Gabbert when he came out, and while for Jacksonsville sake, it is a shame he did not pan out for them, since then, he has shown, at least imo, that he can carve out a career as a journeyman QB - sort of like a McCown or Fitzpatrick. Mariota has missed games in each of his 3 seasons, so it does not seem like a bad idea to stash Gabbert - who tends to put up a couple of QB1 games every year (Weeks 11 & 12 in 2017, Weeks 2 & 5 in 2016).

Johnny Manziel

same applies to Gabbert - soft spot for a guy everyone else has already written off. However unlike Gabbert it is too early to know if Manziel can . His career was not derailed by being drafted too highly and then pressed into action too soon, but rather because of his own actions, which may have been partially induced by mental health concerns. The fact that he has owned up to his mistakes, has been open about his struggles, and looks to be making a serious & legit comeback - not to mention the interest shown by teams - gives me a feeling that his odds of making it all the way back are at least 50/50 and not the long shot many feel. We all know about the upside. If I am lucky he is my Seabiscuit/Red Pollard.

Nathan Peterman

I do not believe he has starter capabilities. I am not even certain he can become a journeyman or capable backup. I own him simply because the odds suggest he is going to get some starts, and in a 16 team league, QBs with starting potential have value (from my experience). If a contender wants him, he is available dirt-cheap.

Mitch Trubisky

I am neither a truther nor a denier when it comes to him. However, if the Bears are building around him, then that suggests to me, at least for the next few years, he is going to be in that large crowd of QBs who are situation/scheme dependant on being high end QB2s low end QB1s. IE he has a shot of being this years Jared Goff. I think the downside is Joe Flacco (in production not comparing the 2 as QB) and as long as he can start as long as Joe Flacco has already, then that is acceptable. But if he can be Matt Ryan (QB with occasional high end QB1 seasons) then that is a bonus.

I have already expressed above my thoughts that finding a possible long term answer at a position where long term stability is key (to me) and was worth moving Golden Tate for. Basically I take the line that in 12 team leagues (re-draft at least) you can stream QBs - but when building a dynasty roster in a 16 team league hitting on any position, especially QB, is a lot harder - as more owners means more demand and a more limited supply. For example, an owner in one of my 12 team 25 man roster leagues just dropped Eli Manning a couple of days back - but no one is dropping a starter, even a veteran year to year one like a Manning, in this league (if you are feel free to let me know hehe). So I'll take the bird in hand rather than hope for the 2 in the bush, if there are any in the bush left when it comes my turn to pick. Having the QB position address (hopefully) allows one to focus on pounding the other positions.

Of course if a QB I like falls to me at 2.07 - I'll be hard pressed to ignore.
Just an update to note that Manziel is no longer on my roster (due to his contract in the CFL) - otherwise I still have the same QBs atm.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Again inspired by ericanadians post(s).

Running Back:

Josh Adams

He is unowned in a large number of my leagues - because in a typical 12 team 23-26 man roster league he likely belongs on Waivers. However he has a solid size/speed combo and good metrics from what I can see so basically while at the moment he may be RB4 at best on the Eagles, we have seen time & time again that under the right set of circumstances, ie Alex Collins 2017, a player can become fantasy relevant in a heartbeat. And in a 16 team 25-40 man (25 in season 40 in off-season) league that means 400+ players (and no kickers or team d) are rostered.

Chase Edmonds

You dont need to like him to know that he could be 1 DJ injury away from having real fantasy value (as opposed to speculative). Also his value (according to DLF ADP) has been rising over the past 3 months. I've seen him go as early as early 3rd in some of my rookie drafts, so I do not feel i reached at 36.

Jeremy Hill

He was on the roster when I took over. I have always been more of a Gio fan than J. Hill fan but its a moot point since they are on different teams. I'd prefer to move him if possible as I dislike owning Patriots (or Cowboys) but his past production (2 RB2 and 1 RB1 season) and uncertain role in NE makes it hard for buyers and sellers to agree on price. A 16 team league means a 3rd is at best a late 3rd and could be a mid-to-late 4th, and thats too cheap imo atm considering he hasnt even hit 26. Of course he has to stick on the NE roster and that might not be a lock.

Justin Jackson

Some may say that too many carries in college means you'll be injury prone in the NFL. Others say that proven volume shows that they can handle the load regardless of the level. I think injuries can be a fluke - except in case of repetitive injuries or lack of conditioning - so I'm closer to the side that believes NCAA volume wont be a death knell. Didnt hurt Tony Dorsett or Ricky Williams and they also had 1000+ carries in college. So he's been a sleeper I have added where possible and at pick 38 overall not like the cost was extreme. Melvin Gordon haters likely have him on their rosters too. ;)

Christine Michael

While it seems unlikely he'll ever fully reward those who believe in his metrics and past hype, he has shown in small samples he has 3 down capability, and the NFL shows time and time again that on any given sunday different players can become stars. I totally get those that think he is a 100% bust, but I'll take that 1% shot he produces again, when the rosters are large enough to stash him. And that is a cost benefit decision each owner has to make on their own.

Ryan Nall

See Chase Edmonds, in the sense that Nall is a Howard or Cohen injury away from a useful role. Metrics/Measurables are slightly comparable to Gurley & Elliott, so when adding long shots thats a tie-breaker in favor of.

Boston Scott

I knew nothing of him until recently, but he got mentioned on a lot of podcasts, and Waldman seems to love his college tape also, both of which got me more interested. Maybe that Ingram suspension gives Scott enough of a shot to impress and stick around. Or maybe not. Again, when rosters are large enough & picks are late enough, never hurts to take shots. Would be a great story considering his rare condition.

https://herosports.com/college-football ... scott-ahah

Chris Warren

Raider homer pick. Also I am not that impressed with Richard or Washington, so I could see Warren grabbing a 53 man roster spot. Then it just takes a Lynch or Martin stumble. I dont think Jon Gruden is Joe Gibbs (ie I do not feel his time away from the NFL as a coach makes him obsolete) and guess we'll see soon enough.

Damien Williams

Was on the roster when I took it over. He did decently enough in Miami that I decided not to cut him, and maybe he will get a role behind K. Hunt in KC. But I am very doubtful he'll ever do anything to convince another DLF HOF owner to buy him off me - so he'll be one of the first to go once the other owners drop someone more interesting to my eye. ;) But if another owner wants to make a cheap offer I am all ears. ;)

TJ Yeldon

One of my personal favorite RBs. Obviously not from proven production. Just a guy with measurables that I like to watch on Sundays and try to add where cost possible in leagues. And hey, if Fournette ankles continue to give him long-term problems, Yeldon spot starts could turn out to be very valuable. And while like a lot of RBs (such as Hill or Gio) it seems like he has been around "forever" but he is not even 25 yet. I think like many RBs he may have gotten pidgeon-holed into a specific role/type of player, but at least that keeps him in the NFL AND there are some Coaches who are open-minded enough to unlock players previously assumed to be 1 type of player.

---

As mentioned before (and will again), this is a team I took over as an orphan. Different owners have different approaches, but my approach is to completely tear it down (save a couple of core assets or personal favorites) and then build it up from scratch. If that takes 2-3 years it takes 2-3 years. Anyways it means I have pretty much nothing proven at RB after trading away my older veterans pre-rookie draft, and now have a lot of speculative holds that may or may not pan out this year or next.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:16 pm

No trades have occurred recently but some of the recent waiver acquisitions include (remember this is a 16 team league with 40 man off-season rosters):

Travis Cadet - $19 (curious about this bb price)
Terry Swanson - $5
Alfred Blue - $2
David Fales - $1
Aldrick Robinson - $1
DeAngelo Yancey - $1

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Trade:

Plank sends P. Barber RB

JFever sends 2019 3rd

Could be a bargain for JFever. :)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:25 pm

Jules sends a multitude of players packing - but will still have more cuts to make later on.

However getting their walking papers today include:

Justin Davis
Tion Green
Penny
Woodhead
M. Harris
Martellus Bennett

Also Plank made Dwayne Washington walk the .... you get the drift 8-)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:22 pm Lots of $$$ spent at the first post rookie draft waivers run.

Our budget is $300 for the entire year I believe and here are some of the amounts spent yesterday:

A. Wadley - $179
P. Lindsay - $101
K. Lauletta - $50 (silly me thinking $10 would be sufficient)
T. Quinn - $50
B. Scarborough - $42
D. Schultz - $25
Most BB waiver $ spent since the 1st post rookie draft waivers (seen above)

R. Higgins - $102
C. Hikutini - $76
J. Kumerov - $51
J. Charles - $3
G. Little - $3
M. Harris - $1
D. Moore - $1
T. Cannon - $1

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Current BB $ Totals:

auggiedoggies - $300
ericanadian - $299
JFever - $299
maxhyde - $298
thebeast - $289.25
sloth8u - $281
dlf_jaronf - $278
ArrylT - $277
Knotts4372 - $272
nation31 - $264
TitusYoungsLawyer - $249
Seventy5 - $233
steeveb - $199
Dookmariot - $157
Jules - $110
Plank - $3

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:34 am

Solid trade between TitusYoung'sLawyer & maxhyde. :)

TitusYoung'sLawyer gives: Mack Hollins and 2019 1st

maxhyde gives: Demaryius Thomas

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:48 pm

I probably need DT as a starter but what the heck...I also like trading
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:35 am

There is a lot of talk of him moving into the slot like Fitz .. should be interesting,
@PlankMelody

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:28 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:22 pm Lots of $$$ spent at the first post rookie draft waivers run.

Our budget is $300 for the entire year I believe and here are some of the amounts spent yesterday:

A. Wadley - $179
P. Lindsay - $101
K. Lauletta - $50 (silly me thinking $10 would be sufficient)
T. Quinn - $50
B. Scarborough - $42
D. Schultz - $25
Most BB waiver $ spent since the 1st post rookie draft waivers (seen above)

R. Higgins - $102
C. Hikutini - $76
J. Kumerov - $51
J. Charles - $3
G. Little - $3
M. Harris - $1
D. Moore - $1
T. Cannon - $1
C. Hikutini - $76

This one caught my attention because he wasn’t even on my radar. What’s his story/prospects?
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:50 am

Solid blocker and decent pass catcher...SF has little at TE if Kittle is missing any time
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:13 pm

The cuts have begun! Owners have started to say farewell to some of their (less than) favorite deep sleepers!

Players released recently include:

M. Campanaro
A. Ellington
T. Ervin
DJ Foster
J. Janis
K. Marshall
D. Posey
T. Rudolph
J. Sprinkle
T. Watson