HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby ericanadian » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:22 am

Moved Steve Smith for Bilal Powell. Feel like Smith still has value this season, but was happy to get a little younger and still retain a productive player. I like a lot of depth at RB and if Forte goes down, he'll be pretty valuable.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:35 am

Interesting deal. I think it will turn on how severe Smith's ankle injury is.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:17 am

Yeah interesting deal for sure. Fills a need for Knotts though so I get it
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Dookmariot wrote:Interesting deal. I think it will turn on how severe Smith's ankle injury is.
The dude just made a ridiculous turn around time on a torn achilles and continued to produce. Unless that ankle has exploded, I think he'll probably be fine,
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:44 pm

ericanadian wrote:
Dookmariot wrote:Interesting deal. I think it will turn on how severe Smith's ankle injury is.
The dude just made a ridiculous turn around time on a torn achilles and continued to produce. Unless that ankle has exploded, I think he'll probably be fine,
True, but he's a one year play (unless he backs off from his retirement plan) so any weeks he misses out of the last 11 take a hit out of his value.

I hope he's fine - he's always been one of my favourites to watch.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:47 am

We have a couple new deals over the past couple of weeks.

Jules gave: '17 3rd
Jfever24 : Matt Asiata

Then I had to throw my hands up week 9 because I was going to have difficulty putting out a full lineup

Jules gave: DT/2nd
maxhyde : Martin/1st

Jules is decimated at RB and I am starting Michael Floyd and a 2nd TE most weeks...aka pretty much crap at either flex.
BTW Jules was patient and I was a bit of a tool in getting this deal done...
I was really, really set on not dealing my 1st this year after the Calvin deal last year and I just love drafting in the rookie drafts in all my leagues but makes sense and I will be open to moving guys for picks after the season win or lose. I won't give them away so if things go as I expect I may not get back into the 1st but I will worry about that after week 16...
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:32 am

maxhyde wrote: I was a bit of a tool in getting this deal done...
Not at all. I think value wise it was a tough pill for both of us to swallow. But the positional swap just made too much sense in the end.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:05 am

maxhyde wrote: Jules gave: '17 3rd

where would you say both your and Jules' teams are in the standings/playoff hunt?
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:51 pm

In the mix more or less. I would think at this point we both probably expect to be in but things change quick.
Just glad Alshon is resting up for a playoff run. Save it up fro Week15/16 buddy...give those PED's time to kick in...fml

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:31 am

I'm hanging on by a thread right now. I'd assign myself 45% odds of making the playoffs.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:30 am

You?
I am putting mine at about 33% today.
With Alshon bulking up for the fantasy playoffs and CMike being Cmike looking for work in week 11, I have a couple holes I am not sure I can fill....
Well maybe can but might have to really take value dives to make deals in my desperation and I am more stubborn than most so that seems unlikely. I will try to scratch my way in but my odds are significantly impacted by yesterday's news.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:36 am

Goirish374 wrote:
maxhyde wrote: Jules gave: '17 3rd

where would you say both your and Jules' teams are in the standings/playoff hunt?

If you were talking to me; I'm not in the playoff hunt at all. I'm just trying to win a few to reduce the value of my future 1st I traded away. Next year at this time, i plan to be in the mix however. After my moves last year with dealing Calvin and AP, my goal was to compete in 2017. I, at the time, didn't have Gronk. Now, I have Gronk and no 2017 1st. So... we'll see how this works out.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:07 pm

I really have little idea where most of the firsts I own are going to land. No offense, gents, but I'm rooting very hard against half of you.

Gronk, man...clearly I undersold on him (big whiff on my DGB evaluation) but boy, does he take as good as he gives. Thing is, the dude could have a punctured lung and he'd still suit up.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Hmmm...Maybe CMike on the Pack isn't so bad...maybe push Starks some

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:15 pm

maxhyde wrote:Hmmm...Maybe CMike on the Pack isn't so bad...maybe push Starks some
"Stage 3: Bargaining"