HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

DLF HoF League -- predictions (Green Division)

Postby dlf_jules » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:33 am

Thought it would be fun to let the DLF community predict the outcome of each division in the Premium and HoF leagues. Here's the index of all divisions. (Remember, scoring is 4/pTD; .05/pyd; -1/int; and 1 ppr. Lineups are QRRWWTFF.)

ETA: Feel free to rank your own division. However, when I tally these I will exclude rankings from division members.

Let's do two rankings. First, rank the teams based on likely 2015 finish. Then, rank them based on who you like best going forward (2016+). Here are the teams:

Green Division

Titus Young's Lawyer
QB: Andrew Luck, Ryan Nassib
RB: CJ Spiller, Shane Vereen, Andre Williams, Steven Jackson, Lance Dunbar, Dri Archer
WR: Jordy Nelson, Golden Tate, Torrey Smith, Victor Cruz, Marques Colston, Brandon Coleman, Louis Murphy
TE: Julius Thomas, Jace Amaro, Marcedes Lewis, Demetrius Harris
2015 picks: 2.13
2016 picks: N/A

Seventy5
QB: Russell Wilson, Sam Bradford
RB: Trent Richardson, Dexter McCluster, Bernard Pierce, Fitzgerald Toussaint
WR: TY Hilton, Mike Wallace, Brian Quick, Paul Richardson
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Housler, Colt Lyerla
2015 picks: 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 2.03, 2.04, 2.09, 2.15, 2.16, 3.01, 3.02, 3.06, 3.07, 3.11, 3.12
2016 picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd

auggiedoggies
QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Derek Carr, Mike Glennon
RB: Tre Mason, Latavius Murray, Jonathan Stewart, Vick Ballard, Jonas Gray, Joseph Randle, Jacquizz Rodgers, James Starks
WR: Brandin Cooks, Martavis Bryant, Julian Edelman, Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Crabtree, Cecil Shorts, Brice Butler, Terrance Williams, Jarius Wright
TE: Travis Kelce, Gavin Escobar, Crockett Gilmore, Brandon Bostick, Rhett Ellison, Jim Dray
2015 picks: N/A
2016 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

knotts4372
QB: Matt Stafford, Zach Mettenberger, EJ Manuel, Austin Davis
RB: Jamaal Charles, Joique Bell, Frank Gore, Brandon Oliver, Stepfan Taylor, Bilal Powell, Juwan Thompson
WR: Dez Bryant, Keenan Allen, Jeremy Maclin, Andre Johnson, Riley Cooper, Kamar Aiken, Leonard Hankerson, Allen Hurns, Kenbrell Thompkins
TE: Charles Clay, Mychal Rivera, Adrien Robinson
2015 picks: 2.07
2016 picks: 1st, 3rd, 3rd
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: DLF HoF League -- predictions (Green Divisions)

Postby maxhyde » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:10 am

Now:
knotts4372
TYL
auggie

future
knotts4372
auggie
TYL

Another tough division. Both knotts and TYL have really solid teams. Auggie has some nice young players but they all have to pan out for him to make a move. 75 only has a 1/2 a team so hard to tell how things might go for him.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: DLF HoF League -- predictions (Green Divisions)

Postby jeffster » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:16 am

Now:
Titus
knotts
auggie
Seventy5

Later:
auggie
Seventy5
Titus
knotts

For the "now" category, I feel like Seventy5 has firmly placed himself out of the running with all the rookie picks, though I imagine that was intentional. For the remaining three, I think it's a very tight race and I could have ranked them in any order depending on how the wind was blowing. The "later" category was difficult, because we obviously have no idea who more than half of Seventy5's team will be, nor how they will pan out in the future. But that's a lot of potential.

Titus and knotts set themselves up for the roughest future of any teams we've seen so far in the HoF league, I think (obviously there's no guarantees, but just going by the way it looks now). Titus by ridding himself of all rookie picks but one for the next two years and knotts by taking Gore and Andre who could very well be 1-more-year starters, and to a lesser extent Charles. On the other hand, aside from Jordy Titus' team is relatively young, while knotts at least has some draft picks.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: DLF HoF League -- predictions (Green Division)

Postby grooner » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:21 am

2015:
knotts4372
auggiedoggies
Titus Young's Lawyer
Seventy5

2016+:
Seventy5
auggiedoggies
Titus Young's Lawyer
knotts4372

The 2016 onward was very hard to rank, and I could switch all four at any time lol. A lot will have to do with in season management for teh 2016 onward in thsi division, even more so than other divisions.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:10 am

Thinking about all these prediction threads I've decided the future rankings aren't really a good exercise as most, if not all, of the teams will look quite a bit different.

For now:
1) Knotts
2) TYL
3) Auggie
4) Seventy5

I think Seventy 5 will have to be a master at selling high based on hype / potential for all the picks and players actually picked in the rookie drafts this year and next year to be competitive anytime soon - there are too many misses and players that take a longtime to develop for me to believe this is a viable way to build a team. I'll be very interested to see how it works out and his strategy going forward.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:15 am

thebeast wrote:Thinking about all these prediction threads I've decided the future rankings aren't really a good exercise as most, if not all, of the teams will look quite a bit different.

For now:
1) Knotts
2) TYL
3) Auggie
4) Seventy5

I think Seventy 5 will have to be a master at selling high based on hype / potential for all the picks and players actually picked in the rookie drafts this year and next year to be competitive anytime soon - there are too many misses and players that take a longtime to develop for me to believe this is a viable way to build a team. I'll be very interested to see how it works out and his strategy going forward.
Safe to say I'll be getting busy. Quick look at the recent transaction log shows I have been apart of 8 of the last 9 trades lol
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:24 am

Seventy5 wrote:
thebeast wrote:Thinking about all these prediction threads I've decided the future rankings aren't really a good exercise as most, if not all, of the teams will look quite a bit different.

For now:
1) Knotts
2) TYL
3) Auggie
4) Seventy5

Safe to say I'll be getting busy. Quick look at the recent transaction log shows I have been apart of 8 of the last 9 trades lol
and if you have been as active offering trades to others as you have with me then im sure your team will look much different very soon.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:59 am

I really like @Knotts team for this year, and would say it's the best in the entire league on paper heading into 2015 (at least as of right now).

QB: Matthew Stafford - Zach Mettenberger
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Keenan Allen
TE: Charles Clay
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Frank Gore
FL: Andre Johnson - 2.07
FL: Jeremy Maclin - Joique Bell - Branden Oliver

I could see some issues 1-2 years from now, but he doesn't have to ride all of these aging players off into the sunset. Two years from now:

QB: Matthew Stafford
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Keenan Allen
TE: ?
RB: ? - Charles will be turning 31 during that season and a big part of his game relies on speed, but he's very well rounded so who knows
RB: ? - Gore: Heck, people have been expecting Gores wheels to fall off for what seems like half a decade, maybe he keeps it going?
FL: Jeremy Maclin
FL: ? - hard to view Andre as anything more than a 1-2 year rental but he's a rare talent and could potentially play longer than some expect

He'll have the 2015 2.07, 2016 1st, and 2016 3rd/3rd to fill in some holes. I think he did the best job of pushing his chips all-in for this season, which I prefer to do instead of building a roster with assets that wont peak for another 1-3 years while drafting a few 1-3 year rentals highly (that is a recipe that more often than not leads to getting stuck middle of the pack).

Auggie's roster is definitely the most interesting. No studs, but quite a few who could potentially step up:

Auggie:
QB: Ben Roethlisberger - Derek Carr
WR: Brandon Cooks
WR: Julien Edelman
TE: Travis Kelce
RB: Tre Mason
RB: Jonathan Stewart
FL: Martavis Bryant
FL: Larry Fitzgerald - Michael Crabtree - Latavius Murray

That roster is young enough to not really look much different (barring trades).

TYoung has a lot of polarizing players both short and long-term:

Titus Young's Lawyer:
QB: Andrew Luck - Ryan Nassib
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Golden Tate
TE: Julius Thomas - Jace Amaro
RB: CJ Spiller
RB: Shane Vereen/Andre Williams
FL: Torrey Smith
FL: Victor Cruz - Marques Colston - 2.13

Could be a lineup full of studs if JT/Cruz/Colston/Spiller/Torrey step up, or he could end up being left with Luck/Jordy/Tate and then only a 2015 2nd and no 2016 picks. Difficult roster to gauge, but it has a ton of potential and he wont have to waste any resources on QB because he has Andrew Luck nailed down for the next decade, and I think QB is being slightly undervalued right now due to many in the league having never played in a 16 team league (although some would say he gave up nearly the same amount Washington gave up to get RG3 in their draft haha)

I literally can't even fill out an entire starting lineup as of right now, but have some pieces I like/want to build around and then a ton of picks. I personally love Mike Wallace as the new #1 in Norv Turner's offense and have him as a top 20 WR in 2015 (he's finished WR20, WR27, WR23, WR9, WR9 his last 5 years. WR36 his rookie season, but I drafted him in the WR40+ range). I personally am very high on Quick as well, but my team will be built around Wilson/Hilton/Graham/picks. Going off current rookie draft ADP, I could see my roster looking something like this going forward:

Seventy5:
QB: Russell Wilson - Sam Bradford
WR: TY Hilton
WR: Mike Wallace
TE: Jimmy Graham
RB: TJ Yeldon/Tevin Coleman - 2016 1st
RB: Ameer Abdullah/Duke Johnson - 2016 2nd - 2016 2nd - 2016 2nd - Trent Richardson
FL: Jaelen Strong - 2.09 - 2.15 - 2.16 - 3.01 - 3.02 - 3.06 - 3.07
FL: Breshad Perrimen/Devin Smith - Phillip Dorsett/Nelson Agholor - Brian Quick - 3.11 - 3.12

My target window isn't currently 2015, but things with this many rookie picks I'll have a lot of flexibility. I can either build for years 2-3 and have a ton of ammo heading into that window or I could just flip some picks when their value is high during rookie fever season and speed up the process. It will definitely be fun! I didn't plan on going pick heavy at all but felt they were usually the best value on the board when looking at value instead of filling holes in starting lineups.

WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:04 am

Here was my draft plan posted in the HOF start up thread. I'd be interested to see what Auggie/TYoung/Knotts went into the draft planning to do and if they have to adjust on the fly at all.
Pre-Draft:

-I got stuck with the 1.16 after a low number in the draft lottery/dice roll. Getting a late 1st in a 16 teamer without a third round reversal puts you at a significant disadvantage regardless IMO. People will drastically overpay for studs/to trade up into the top 5-10, so the teams picking early can either 1) drop back and pick up a ton of value or 2) draft their stud, and then get two picks again at the 2/3 turn whereas 1.16/2.01 is ok, but by that point nobody is really dying to trade up for anyone in particular, and you then have to wait until the 3.16/4.01 to grab your 3rd and 4th players, and that is where the draft starts to dry up of young/safe talent. Getting a player in the 17-20 range isn’t much of an advantage over the player they get around 28-32, but getting a top 5 is player is much better than what’s left end of the first. Because of this, I felt I could either 1) build a team to compete with two good assets and then a bunch of aging players and/or players with multiple question marks, or 2) grab 2-3 safe, proven studs I can hang my hat/build around, and then start swinging for the fences on assets (picks and/or players) whose values I believe will increase between now and next off-season. I waited until I was OTC with the 1.16 to see what fell before making a final decision, but ended up going the long-term route and am trying to come out of the draft with as many resources/potentially valuable assets as I can.

-Avoid overpaying/reaching for any RBs. I think the RB landscape is going to drastically change over the course of the next 1-3 years and I don’t feel truly confident longterm in any RB after Bell (who he himself is facing a suspension due to drug use). Even Lacy has small risks with his toe. Charles is getting up there in age and his game relies on speed. McCoy had a down year and was just traded to Buffalo, although I think he will be fine. I don’t truly believe in DeMarco’s raw talent/think he was just a good back in a great system.. but think he will be ok as well. I like Hill, but we only have a small sample size and Gio is still there. Forte will be 30. Peterson is 30. Lynch could hang up the cleats at any moment and has chronic back issues, but he still has gas left in the tank and Im a big fan of his. Then we get into the Mason/Hyde/CJa/Foster/Lamar Miller/Ingram/Crowell/Morris/Ellington/Latavius Murray tier and even though I like a few of them, Im not going to spend a top 5 start up pick on them (Mason/Hyde Id consider, and possibly CJa but I don’t feel safe with any of them at this point). I think a lot of running backs are going to lose value after the NFL draft, and I see a ton of RB talent coming in over these next two years (I could see upwards of 5-6 guys coming in this year and being starters by the end of the season, and then we'll have Chubb/Elliot/Fournette/Henry and whoever else emerges coming in the next two years and stealing jobs. Much like Peyton/Brees/Brady are getting ready to pass the torch, I think the RBs are in for a bigger changing of the guard) . Considering I don’t plan on being a title contender in year one, I didn’t plan on drafting any RBs early on unless I saw an incredible value. I’ll worry about that after the NFL draft and load up through the rookie drafts/stop-gap trades.

-Avoid selecting players who’re almost guaranteed to loose market/trade value within the next 8-16 months (examples: Charles/Forte/Gore/Jordy/ types who will produce, but their age will push their values down even further next off-season, and that is guaranteed IMO… just look at where Charles/Forte are going now). No point in drafting a rental or 1-2 year player if their short-term production will just go to waste on my roster year one.

-I wanted to avoid being one of the guys who took an early rookie pick over a proven and young stud, which I did, but then felt as if the picks were usually the best value on the board during the later rounds of the draft (or at least were for the team I was looking to build). Heck, there were guys being drafted before some of the mid-late 2nd round rookie picks who are on the waiver wire in most of my leagues (leagues that go 312-360 players deep). Not to call anyone out/say picks were bad because we all have our guys and I’m just using this as an example of how I saw the board/values, but Id imagine most people would have a difficult time getting a 2nd round rookie pick for players such as Matt Cassel, Stevie Johnson, Fjax, Bryce Brown (I own him and couldn’t even upgrade from 3.12/Bryce to 3.10 in one league), Allen Hurns, Cole Beasley, Danny Amendola, Michael Campanaro/Aiken/Marlon Brown, etc. Again, not saying they were bad selections, but in a non start up setting I feel as if there’s almost no way they’re going for 2nd round picks (and I own Cassel/Hurns/Ammendola/Brown/Marlon in some leagues). I didn’t plan on going this pick heavy, but felt it was usually the best value on the board at the time (another example, I took the 2.16/3.01, and then the next few picks were Greg Jennings, Silas Redd, Benny Cunningham. All of which I like and own in other leagues, but don’t personally value anywhere near a 2.16/3.01 so for me it was almost impossible not to take the picks. Im guessing I was just looking at value/resources instead of filling out my immediate depth like most teams were.

-If Im OTC and I am indifferent about a few players and/or like someone I feel Id be reaching for, roll the dice on them falling and trade back to acquire more 2016 picks or start up picks in the area that will have players I like (example: I had Mike Wallace/Brian Quick as the top receivers on my personal board in the 5th round (I have them both in my top 25. I like Wallace as the new #1 in Norv Turner's offense/believe he's the perfect fit and think Quick will pick back up where he left off last year), but thought they would fall into the mid-late 7th, so I kept trading back over and over again to pick up extra value, and then still managed to get both of my guys and then offers from four different owners wanting Quick within an hour of the pick). I had to pay up to get Wallace in a trade, but ultimately still came out ahead after dropping back so many times and picking up rookie picks. This was something I always regretted not doing more of during past start ups, as I always saw guys come out of drafts with a ton of resources to use whether they keep them or trade them. I am always looking for trades, so I like having roster flexibility and desirable assets. I strongly dislike being stuck with the old productive guys whose productions values FAR outweigh their trade/market values unless they're the missing piece to a roster that already has a good long-term outlook.

-I believe fantasy football is a game of resources, so in order to be successful in the long term you have to acquire more resources than the other guys. More importantly those resources need to fit into your target window and every move you make need to needs to have that window in mind. Once a team has a resource advantage, it doesn't have to worry about getting players who will help win now or win later because it can afford to do both.

We're only in round 19, but I have 24 players/picks already so here is the team I ended up with:

QB - Russell Wilson | Sam Bradford
WR - TY Hilton | Mike Wallace | Brian Quick | Paul Richardson
TE - Jimmy Graham | Robert Housler
RB - Trent Richardson | Bernard Pierce | Dexter McCluster
2015 Picks: 1st | 1st | 1st | 2nd | 2nd | 2nd | 2nd | 2nd | 3rd | 3rd | 3rd | 3rd | 3rd | 3rd
2016 Picks: 1st | 2nd | 2nd | 2nd | 3rd

Starting lineup doesn't look great and I have literally zero depth, but I have 12 1st/2nd round picks between the 2015/2016 drafts and am confident I can come out of those with at least a few above average fantasy assets. I play in mostly devy leagues so I trust my ability to hit on rookie picks with a decent batting average. Regardless, I'll have some fun during the rookie draft and it's safe to say my roster will likely look a lot different a few months from now! I can always trade picks away for players if need be as well.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:29 am

i do view my team as a top 5 overall team if not much better *crosses fingers* but i cant knock anyone for seeing it differently. from what i seen in this league so far is that for most ppl, old players carry no value or so it seems. and since my team has several older guys they see it as a detriment. i see those old players as one of my biggest strengths. since ppl let them fall so far i got what i think will be a rb2 (gore) and a wr2 (andre johnson) at bargain basement cost. those 2 fell so far it was too good to pass up and really changed my team strategy. i feel i have by far the deepest team tho i can admit alot of that depth might be wishy washy
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:33 am

Seventy5 wrote:

For now:
1) Knotts
2) TYL
3) Auggie
4) Seventy5

Where you have netted exactly what from those 8 deals? Just what you have on your team and whichever rookies you select
I liked your Wilson deal but agree with Auggie that you will have to be able to sell rookies hard for hyped values to gain much traction quickly. I understand you will have a good percentage of guys in that late 1st early 2nd area but you you probably should just list the 5 picks you have because you (and everyone else) have no idea who will be available there. Putting 8 of the recent hype names out there with only 5 picks makes it look better than it can potentially be.
I like your Core of Wilson/TY/Jimmy but I think Wallace is stuck in an offense with another QB that doesn't throw it deep very well. Maybe Teddy can make strides there but I think it is optimistic assuming he can match last years numbers in a new offense.

Not trying to be an bleep but realistically having a ton of late rookie picks is a tough project to build a team. I am sure you can make it work but it is a potentially long and winding road
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:18 pm

Well, my general team strategy was to try and trade back and acquire some depth. In a 16 team league, depth is so important. I actually kind like my team. I think that I'm a solid 3rd in the division right now behind Knotts and Titus, but I also think those are two very good teams. I had a few guys who I was targeting that I'm a big fan of (Mason, Cooks, Berger, Edelman, J Stew) and then a few guys who I took because I didn't really like anyone else that was available (Kelce, Latavius, Fitz). I think my entire season is going to come down to Kelce/Latavius/J Stew/Martavis. If 3 of those 4 can live up to the hype, I'll be pretty happy. If not, I'm in some trouble
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:53 pm

2015:
Knotts
Titus youngs lawyer
Auggie doggies
Seventy5

2016:
Knotts
Titis youngs lawyer
Seventy5
Auggie doggies

Knotts may have the best starters in the league. I can see them even lasting into 2016. If they do, watch out.

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:26 pm

Now:

Knotts
Titus
Seventy5
Auggie

Future:

Seventy5
Knotts
Titus
Auggie

It's interesting here that we have one team with essentially NO future capital/rookie picks (Titus) and one team with tons of future capital (Seventy5.) It will be interesting to see how the future of this division plays out.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:56 am

2015:
1. knotts4372
2. Titus Young's Lawyer
3. auggiedoggies
4. Seventy5

2016:
1. auggiedoggies
2. Seventy5
3. Titus Young's Lawyer
4. knotts4372

Tough division for 2015. Three teams that would contend for the title in any division.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!