General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:41 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:37 am
thebeast wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 am
ArrylT wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:31 am So leave then. :)
Ugh, who wanted you in the first place.
And I probably should, because your team looks to be headed for the next dispersal because it won't be competing for a long time. I have no idea what you did to that roster.
My team is pretty much exactly on pace for where I want it to be at this stage. I would have liked to move 1-2 more pieces but the market in here is one of the cheapest I have experienced in all my many leagues. C'est la vie! 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 am

I didn't mean to stir the pot here too much. Just wanted to voice my thoughts. Beast has been with us from the beginning. He is an active and informed owner, and one that I as an owner have enjoyed being in a league with. ArryIT, you are a nice addition to the league. You are certainly active and you bring a lot to the table as well. Your methods of roster construction seem a bit unorthodox. But, I trust you have a plan and I'm interested to see how it unfolds.

Whenever there is a vote as close as 9-7 and something passes or doesn't, I'd expect there to be divides. In this case, I am not a fan of how TYL was able to start over. It makes the progress of those of us like myself that much more challenging and it is simply frustrating. I've had a ton of poor luck in this league starting with my choices and decisions from our start up draft. I've had to re visit my plans and goals several times, but, I've enjoyed it to an extent. In most of my other leagues, I'm a strong contender with loaded rosters. IN this league, I've hit reset a couple times and thus, am experiencing some different challenges. Which to me is a learning experience and, I like it in a way. Plus, I like our DLF community and being in a league with members is enjoyable.

Beast, I agree with your take wholeheartedly. I'm not a fan of the choice that was made by TYL. But, I did have the option to do it and I chose not to simply because I'd like to see things through. I'm old school that way. To me, it will one day mean much more when I do start to have some success.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:20 am

So my team as of now as we start making the trek past players worth any relevancy whatsoever:

QB: Lamar Jackson
Starting with the QBs I have to admit a colossal F up on my part. I took Lamar Jackson, was planning on taking Matthew Stafford with the same duo of picks to hedge my bet with the young running quarterback who can't really throw a ball. I searched "matt" in the search and Stafford never popped up. I thought I missed Stafford being taken earlier as this was the time I was out and about on errands. I groaned, and just arbitrarily chose Marvin Jones instead..... Stafford was available. MFL search only works for last names. Son of a bitch. Guess I'm all in on Ljax. Ravens have at least showed a willingness to tune their offense to him, rather than expecting him to be a "normal" qb who can just run a bit more. We'll see.

RB: K Johnson, T Cohen, L Miller, D Lewis,
I was expecting Hill, KA, and Kelce to go off the board first, and while Brandin Cooks and the 1.1 were looking at me, I wanted to go K Johnson and Sony Michel to get a pair of young RBs, which are hard to come by, and this draft pool had a handful of wr2s and 3s I liked. Of course I'm not gonna pass on Kelce but then I was so torn between KJ and Michel. I opted to go Johnson as I don't want the headache of owning a Patriots rb, even though I feel Michel is the better talent. Cohen is someone I was hoping to wait longer on, but I really like him and didn't want to miss out. So long as Nagny is head coach of the bears, I see Cohen as a low rb1/reliable rb2. Miller and Lewis seemed like good enough roster fillers at RB I may be able to sell in a 16 team league, or just use and maybe make a fringe playoff berth.

WR: Boyd, Fuller, A Miller, M Jones, MVS, Sanders,
My WRs are thin but I got 3 guys I'm higher than the average on so I'm pretty happy. We'll see if my opinions are right or not. Boyd was getting tons of looks so long as AJG is around to take off pressure. Anthony Miller I think is showing signs developing properly and on a young up and coming team. Of Green Bay's disaster of a WR corp behind D Adams, MVS showed to have Aaron Rodgers trust. Jones and Sanders make for decent depth

TE: Kelce, Trey Burton
Yeah, stoked about this one. Did not expect the clear (to me) top 3 of Hill, KA, and Kelce to make it to pick 4 on me but Valhalla jumped on that 1.1 like a fat kid on a corner slice of cake. As my RBs/WRs didn't end up as good as I wanted, Kelce is looking like a sell for a 3 or 4 player bundle to me now. Burton I'm happy with as a well as the backup despite not being overly involved in CHI last year. I think that'll change enough for him to be a low TE1 after half of them get injured again.

Pick: 2.17. Guess I ain't having much fun in the rookie draft as Valhalla hordes all the picks.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 am

hockeybjj - I am liking the look of your roster so far. I'll have to look more in depth at all the teams once the dispersal is concluded but I do feel that I can project that squad as having decent odds to make the playoffs in 2019. Obviously a lot will happen between now and the playoffs - just that I like the direction your team is shaping up to go.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:01 pm

I’m mostly just not paying attention to it. I voted against letting current teams participate, but I can’t be bothered to get upset by it. I think jfever’s approach of just thinking of it as a new team is a good one.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:23 am

The Dispersal draft has concluded. :) I (or someone) will share the new rosters once uploaded. :)

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:52 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:23 am The Dispersal draft has concluded. :) I (or someone) will share the new rosters once uploaded. :)
I kinda want to see a poll of the forums voting on who they thought got the best team out of the 4 of us :)
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:42 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:52 am
ArrylT wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:23 am The Dispersal draft has concluded. :) I (or someone) will share the new rosters once uploaded. :)
I kinda want to see a poll of the forums voting on who they thought got the best team out of the 4 of us :)
That sounds like fun. We can put it up in the team advice section (since you cannot add a poll to an existing thread). :thumbup:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:41 am

Updated DLF HOF Rosters After Dispersal:

dlf_brianh

Carr, Derek OAK QB
Fitzpatrick, Ryan TBB QB
Rudolph, Mason PIT QB
Winston, Jameis TBB QB

Blount, LeGarrette DET RB
Carson, Chris SEA RB
Edwards, Gus BAL RB
Hunt, Kareem CLE RB
Jones, Aaron GBP RB
Smith, Ito ATL RB
Wilkins, Jordan IND RB

Allen, Keenan LAC WR
Berrios, Braxton NEP WR
Cooks, Brandin LAR WR
Foster, Robert BUF WR
Higgins, Rashard CLE WR
Inman, Dontrelle IND WR
Perriman, Breshad CLE WR
Roberts, Andre NYJ WR
Robinson, Demarcus KCC WR
Rogers, Eli PIT WR
Shepard, Russell NYG WR
Shepard, Sterling NYG WR

Arnold, Dan NOS TE
Brate, Cameron TBB TE
Cook, Jared OAK TE
McDonald, Vance PIT TE

hockeybjj

Griffin III, Robert BAL QB
Jackson, Lamar BAL QB
Lauletta, Kyle NYG QB

Boone, Mike MIN RB
Cannon, Trenton NYJ RB
Cohen, Tarik CHI RB
Johnson, Kerryon DET RB
Lewis, Dion TEN RB
Miller, Lamar HOU RB
Wilson, Jeffery SFO RB

Boyd, Tyler CIN WR
Bryant, Martavis OAK WR
Chark, D.J. JAC WR
Fuller, Will HOU WR
Garcon, Pierre FA WR
Jones, Marvin DET WR
Miller, Anthony CHI WR
Moncrief, Donte JAC WR
Richardson, Paul WAS WR
Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR
Thomas, Demaryius FA WR
Valdes-Scantling, Marquez GBP WR

Burton, Trey CHI TE
Kelce, Travis KCC TE
LaCosse, Matt DEN TE

Titus Youngs Lawyer

Allen, Kyle CAR QB
Hill, Taysom NOS QB
Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB
Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

Burkhead, Rex NEP RB
Drake, Kenyan MIA RB
Freeman, Devonta ATL RB
Juszczyk, Kyle SFO RB
Michel, Sony NEP RB
Riddick, Theo DET RB
White, James NEP RB

Beasley, Cole DAL WR
Callaway, Antonio CLE WR
Crabtree, Michael BAL WR
Edelman, Julian NEP WR
Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR
Hill, Tyreek KCC WR
Kumerow, Jake GBP WR
Moore, D.J. CAR WR

Akins, Jordan HOU TE
Higbee, Tyler LAR TE
Kroft, Tyler CIN TE
Njoku, David CLE TE
O'Shaughnessy, James JAC TE
Tonyan, Robert GBP TE

Valhalla

Bridgewater, Teddy NOS QB
Mayfield, Baker CLE QB
Sloter, Kyle MIN QB
Stafford, Matthew DET QB
Wilson, Russell SEA QB

Hyde, Carlos JAC RB
Montgomery, Ty BAL RB
Murray, Latavius MIN RB
Washington, Dwayne NOS RB

Hardy, Justin ATL WR
Nelson, Jordy OAK WR
Pettis, Dante SFO WR
Samuel, Curtis CAR WR
Sanu, Mohamed ATL WR
Taylor, Taywan TEN WR
Wims, Javon CHI WR

Harris, Demetrius KCC TE
Morgan, David MIN TE
Pruitt, MyCole TEN TE
Roberts, Michael DET TE
Smith, Jonnu TEN TE
Willson, Luke DET TE (Q)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:58 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:16 am Titus & DLF_Brain
HockeyBJ
Valhalla

That's how I see that dispersal.
Appreciate the feedback. Hope you voted too. :)

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:49 pm

i think ppl are sleeping on valhalla's dispersal strategy. in a few months i think it can be said he easily won the dispersal. as for now i think he and titus youngs lawyer are about equal i guess with the other two slightly behind. valhalla has a ton of options with all those picks
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:20 pm

It certainly will be interesting to see how the dispersal teams fare going forward, and what directions their teams progress in. :)

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:54 am

Pet peeve; I hate deliberate low ball offers / conversation starters. They often times set a negative tone and give a douchy vibe.

Sloth..... yeah, I'm talking to you. First, the 2 late 3rds in a 16 team league for Ronald Jones. Hey, I get that he has disappointed and heck, he could be a flop. But, c'mon dude. Two late 3rds in a 16 team league. Basically, your offer is like spitting in my face. I counter, then you counter back with Donta Foreman for Robert Woods. I'm done with it.

This approach doesn't belong in the HOF league if you ask me. Is this just your style? Do you throw out a bunch of low-ball offers hoping some inexperienced owner will take one? I don't get the thought process and in my opinion, your approach is detrimental to the league and to establishing healthy dialogue and trade relationships.

Maybe its just me.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:49 am

JFever wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:54 am Pet peeve; I hate deliberate low ball offers / conversation starters. They often times set a negative tone and give a douchy vibe.

Sloth..... yeah, I'm talking to you. First, the 2 late 3rds in a 16 team league for Ronald Jones. Hey, I get that he has disappointed and heck, he could be a flop. But, c'mon dude. Two late 3rds in a 16 team league. Basically, your offer is like spitting in my face. I counter, then you counter back with Donta Foreman for Robert Woods. I'm done with it.

This approach doesn't belong in the HOF league if you ask me. Is this just your style? Do you throw out a bunch of low-ball offers hoping some inexperienced owner will take one? I don't get the thought process and in my opinion, your approach is detrimental to the league and to establishing healthy dialogue and trade relationships.

Maybe its just me.
I sent you an offer :D