HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:22 am

Yes it is true - hockeybjj rolled a 1000 on his die roll attempt. :shock:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: HOF league discussions

Postby hockeyBjj » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:33 am

So this league is all about some at least halfway experienced/knowledgeable owners also sharing what they're doing and why, correct? I'll keep my thoughts open and anyone feel free to ask questions even if it puts me at a disadvantage by tipping my hand somewhat :)

Well I just woke up and am on the clock. Good sign that 2 hours after drafting opened up, we're to the last person in the round. I've got pick 4 and 5 and then don't pick again until 12/13 so I need to really no mess this up. Yesterday looking at the 4/5 slot I was planning on taking both K Johnson and S Michel there due to rb scarcity and either holding those young rbs, or figuring they'd fetch a good price mid season to a contender. Surprisingly to me, the 1.1 in the rookie draft went off the board 2nd overall behind Tyreek Hill. Keenan Allen went after that, which left Travis Kelce available for me.

So two picks in my whole plan of rb/rb then wr/wr is straight out the window. Not gonna pass on Kelce, and now gotta figure out who I like more between Michel and Johnson. Brandin Cooks' name was also staring at me hard there. I think Michel is the better talent, but I'm gonna chicken out of owning a Patriots running back and K Johnson was getting some nice workload after their by week before he got hurt.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:00 pm

thebeast wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:11 am Here’s the link to the dispersal draft if anyone wants to follow along. http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/61756#0
Thanks for posting the link. Very interesting so far.

I probably wouldn't have taken the 1.01 that high, but I actually like the QB/QB approach by Valhalla. If this league is anything like the DFL premium one than Wilson and Baker were both great value at those spots.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:51 pm

thebeast wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:24 pm Yeah it was a stupid decision by the league that I was vehemently against. The vote won 9-7 to allow existing owners to enter the dispersal. I’m surprised that so many owners with experience thought it was fine. I appreciate TYLs self awareness at least.
Basically feel the same. TYL’s squad will have come with as asterisk from now on. Or maybe something like TYL ll, TYL part 2, or TYL 2nd generation. As for me, I’m sticking to my everlasting rebuild.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:59 pm

I was looking at dispersal draft results. Stupid question: Next to some of the owner’s names there are words in parenthesis (formally jules, etc..). What does that mean? Is that supposed to be formerly?

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 pm

azthecrow wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:59 pm I was looking at dispersal draft results. Stupid question: Next to some of the owner’s names there are words in parenthesis (formally jules, etc..). What does that mean? Is that supposed to be formerly?
Yes, it should say “formerly”

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:21 pm When it comes to Jules, everything is formal.
:lol:

I have to say that they definitely churned out a lot of picks today - admittedly the smaller the draft the quicker it can go but I was still impressed. :)

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:34 am

JFever wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:51 pm
thebeast wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:24 pm Yeah it was a stupid decision by the league that I was vehemently against. The vote won 9-7 to allow existing owners to enter the dispersal. I’m surprised that so many owners with experience thought it was fine. I appreciate TYLs self awareness at least.
Basically feel the same. TYL’s squad will have come with as asterisk from now on. Or maybe something like TYL ll, TYL part 2, or TYL 2nd generation. As for me, I’m sticking to my everlasting rebuild.
I didn’t think anything of it because that’s how other leagues I’m in have done it, so I just assumed it was normal.

....but phew...this is giving TYL’s roster quite the overnight turnaround. Smart move by him given it was allowed, but also respect his message basically calling himself out on it lol.

He just went from 1.01 contender to playoff contender in one day.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:57 am

* With an asterisk, like I said.

It was legal, and it was voted on. The vote passed 9-7. It struck me as quite strange to be honest. Just not something I personally would ever consider doing in a dynasty league that I was a part of from the start up draft. I mean... It's like having a redo, a start over, a I don't like my team but I don't want to quit so... I'm going to throw it away and start over and stay in the league. I've personally never seen it done in any of my leagues ever, and, I've been doing this dynasty stuff for quite some time. I think of it as very bush league.

But, again, it was legal.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:30 am

Yeah, I am getting more annoyed about the whole situation the more I think about it, to the point where I'm losing my interest in the league. I thought I would kind of just get passed it, but this is leaving a real sour taste in my mouth. In my view anyone who plays in a league that allows this isn't playing a dynasty league or they are playing in an amateur league. It's great we kept a poor owner, and now have a former league champ considering leaving. Glad if I do leave that my team didn't end up in the dispersal.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:31 am

So leave then. :)

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:31 am So leave then. :)
Ugh, who wanted you in the first place.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:36 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 am
I am still wondering that as well. :lol:

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:37 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 am
And I probably should, because your team looks to be headed for the next dispersal because it won't be competing for a long time. I have no idea what you did to that roster.