ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:42 pm

DLF HOF Week XIV Playoff & Consolation Results:

DLF Toilet Bowl:

sloth8u 59.20 ArrylT 49.50

Vikings & Packers rarely work together, but Rodgers & Dalvin cooked up enough magic to help sloth8u overcome the moribund ArrylT team. Rumours of players drowning due to the volume of tears shed at loss of chance at 1.17 have yet to be substantiated.

JFever 85.10 ericanadian 77.70

Knowing he might get nominated for 'Worst DLF Forum Owner of the Year' if his team lost to ericanadian, JFever ordered double practices and draconian curfews. It worked, and JFever goes on to face sloth8u for the prestigious 1.17 award (comes with free autographed Chris Kluwe helmet).

DLF Mediocre Teams Consolation:

maxhyde 154.35 thebeast 96.55

Prior to this week maxhyde had never reached even the 130 plateau, so don't blame thebeast for being totally surprised. Already stung by a lost season (they were a pre-season favorite to go all the way) they get rewarded by receiving the biggest slaughter in Week XIV, and scoring their lowest output save for Week VII. If they do not post much this week, you can be assured it is because it is too painful to sit down.

steeveb 88.45 TitusYoungsLawyer 74.10

Not many owners still believe in Winston, but steeveb knew Jameis would lead him to the Promised Land, and not the nearest Crab Shack. Powered by Winston & Tyreek steeveb said, in his best Tony the Tiger voice, he did not feel good after the win, he felt Brate!

2018 DLF HOF Playoffs:

Plank 135.2 auggiedoggies 104.8

Plank did not take auggiedoggies lightly after auggiedoggies powered their way into the playoffs with an impressive Week XIII performance, and as can be seen, made sure to welcome them with a sharp sword & cannon fire.

(Arch)Dookmariot 150.4 dlf_jaronf 94.85

The good news for dlf_jaronf is that they were not the recipient of this weeks biggest blowout. However they probably were not feeling too good after seeing Derrick Henrys damage on TNF and then, as nobility often does, the ArchDook made sure to show no mercy, and unleashed the Kraken team of CMC & JuJu. It may take all off-season for our most beloved DLF Writer to recover. Hopefully his fellow DLF Writers will help by sending him funny Christmas cards.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:49 pm

DLF HOF Toilet Bowl Final:

#4 JFever vs. #3 sloth8u

DLF HOF Consolation Matchups*:

#3 maxhyde vs. #1 knotts4372

#5 steeveb vs. #2 Jules

DLF HOF Playoff Matchups*:

#3 Plank vs. #1 Seventy5

#5 Dookmariot vs. #2 nation31

* - I will update if there is Playoff Re-Seeding

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:19 pm

DLF HOF Week XV Playoff & Consolation Results:

DLF Toilet Bowl:

sloth8u 101.10 JFever 60.60

sloth8u used binary & morse code to confuse JFevers squad (whose strengths lie in the humanities) and earn themselves the right to be known as the DLF Toilet Bowl Champion. However we assume they are more excited by the 1.17 that goes with it.

Toilet Bowl MVP: Dalvin Cook

DLF Mediocre Teams Consolation Round II:

Jules 68.25 steeveb 50.95

This week steevebs team did not do that Brate, and rumours that this could be their last season had Jules team fighting for every last point.

maxhyde 74.95 knotts4372 59.70

In every movie with a villain there comes a scene where they explain their dastardly plan. I think we have just learned maxhydes evil plot is to steal the 2.17 pick from a more needy team (if he was good guy he'd be maxjekyll not maxhyde).

2018 DLF HOF Semi Finals:

{Arch}Dookmariot 133.15 nation31 112.75

Powered by JFevers RB #1 Derrick Henry, the ArchDook quickly had nation31s hopes to make the finals decapitated.

Seventy5 151.15 Plank 90.35

Despite discord in their ranks as to whom is the Fantasy RB 1 - and Saquon the Overrated did not help himself against Kamara or Mixon, both of whom have a longer safer track record and are more deserving to be RB #1 in the eyes of many believers - Seventy5 was able to avoid the Plank after Thielen felt left out.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:12 am

Man.... Sloth's line up doesn't look like a line up that should be included with the other 3 line ups that were vying for the 1.17.

congrats on the win Sloth.

After looking closely at rosters, I think the 3 other teams in the toilet bowl were much much more in need of that pick than your roster, but, you won it fair and square.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:30 am

lenny and cook being out off and on helped me to the strong season. the inconsistencies of the wrs were also exposed. i'll be looking to address that in the offseason ;)

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Just looking at your squad vs the other 3 teams in the toilet bowl, its tough not to see that one of the rosters is very different. Your Qb situation is very different, your rb situation is at a whole nother level compared to the other 3 in the toilet bowl. But, Yeah, having injured studs does help with the lack of scoring. Having NO studs also helps with the lack of scoring. Either way, you got yours back just in time to help you to add talent to your roster. it is what it is.

Congrats on the win and good luck with the extra pick.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:10 pm

DLF HOF 1.17 History:

2016 - JFever - Paul Perkins
2017 - nation31 - D'Onta Foreman
2018 - JFever - Kalen Ballage
2019 - sloth8u (for now) - TBD

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:51 pm

Holy crap. Unless my eyes are deceiving me it looks like we had a huge upset in the finals. Congrats Dook! Damn Seventy5, at least your team is setup to be in the finals for years to come. Looking forward to next season fellas!
Last edited by thebeast on Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:06 pm

hell of a match! congrats to both :)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:02 pm

Yes congratulations to Dookmariot who had to win 3 in a row, and against 3 Divisional Champions, to win.

A reminder to all dynasty owners - that regardless of the odds - once you're in the playoffs and if you do your best, with a little luck, you can overcome any obstacles, even teams that look to be locks to be Champions.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:44 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:02 pm Yes congratulations to Dookmariot who had to win 3 in a row, and against 3 Divisional Champions, to win.

A reminder to all dynasty owners - that regardless of the odds - once you're in the playoffs and if you do your best, with a little luck, you can overcome any obstacles, even teams that look to be locks to be Champions.
Not only that, but he literally squeezed into the playoffs by the thinnest of margins. The perfect storm and the second team that I know of off hand to have both CMC and Evan Engram to win a title in the leagues I play in.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:15 pm

It was almost like he was destined to overcome! ;)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:53 am

If you are a fan of this thread - or in joining fun leagues - be sure to let me know. I plan to post openings to my league(s) soon in the Owners wanted section.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:12 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:02 pm A reminder to all dynasty owners - that regardless of the odds - once you're in the playoffs and if you do your best, with a little luck, you can overcome any obstacles, even teams that look to be locks to be Champions.
To add to this point, in a superflex league where I was best record, highest scoring regular season, had Aaron Rodgers, Deseasn Watson, and Matt Ryan (crushed my semi final win after a quarterfinal bye) I lost the championship game to a guy who lost all of his Qbs and was starting Nick Foles and Josh freaking Johnson

I'd be more upset, but really I'm just impressed
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:28 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:12 pm
ArrylT wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:02 pm A reminder to all dynasty owners - that regardless of the odds - once you're in the playoffs and if you do your best, with a little luck, you can overcome any obstacles, even teams that look to be locks to be Champions.
To add to this point, in a superflex league where I was best record, highest scoring regular season, had Aaron Rodgers, Deseasn Watson, and Matt Ryan (crushed my semi final win after a quarterfinal bye) I lost the championship game to a guy who lost all of his Qbs and was starting Nick Foles and Josh freaking Johnson

I'd be more upset, but really I'm just impressed
That Nick Foles I tell ya - between last years playoffs and this past week he seems to have a knack for performing when it counts the most. If only he could do it all the time. ;)

Did not realize that Taco Corp was relying on him & Josh Johnson though - didnt really study the 2 rosters just the score.