maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby maxhyde » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:40 am

Alot more guys yet to be cut so I expect some better players to hit the WW
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:13 pm

maxhyde wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:40 am Alot more guys yet to be cut so I expect some better players to hit the WW
As do I, as do I. :) :angel:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:38 pm

a trade has occurred

jimmy graham
for
greg olsen
2019 2nd rd pick

my thoughts. i like graham more than olsen but could live with it cause i think olsen will perform similarly to graham and the 2nd makes it worth my while
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Makes sense to me! :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:08 pm

Makes me wonder a bit cuz I personally like Olsen more than Jimmy. I guess I can see how someone could be hopeful for Jimmy with Arod throwing to him, but it's been a real long while since there has been a fantasy relivant TE in GB.
And, it isn't like Russel Wilson is that much of a step down as a qb. Scheme wise, in Seattle's offense I know he was asked to block alot I know.
Imo, G.Olsen has a couple years left in the tank as Cam's #1 or 2 target in their passing game. As long as both trade parties are happy, I'm cool though. Time will tell, but to me, the pick shoulda accompanied the JG side in order to land Greg Olsen. Maybe I'm in the minority.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:15 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:08 pm Makes me wonder a bit cuz I personally like Olsen more than Jimmy. I guess I can see how someone could be hopeful for Jimmy with Arod throwing to him, but it's been a real long while since there has been a fantasy relivant TE in GB.
And, it isn't like Russel Wilson is that much of a step down as a qb. Scheme wise, in Seattle's offense I know he was asked to block alot I know.
Imo, G.Olsen has a couple years left in the tank as Cam's #1 or 2 target in their passing game. As long as both trade parties are happy, I'm cool though. Time will tell, but to me, the pick shoulda accompanied the JG side in order to land Greg Olsen. Maybe I'm in the minority.
well i know both myself and 75 who offered the trade for starters both would rather have graham. for me i for sure would never even think about adding to graham to get olsen

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Fair. I guess I'm thinking that people have forgotten how good, involved, and productive Olsen can be. I know he missed nearly all of last year, but you guys must be drinking the green koolade to think Graham out produces Olsen this year. It could happen i guess. Anyway, Jimmy is 31 and isn't a lock for a long career due to wear n tear, and Greg is 33 and the talk of retirement has come up, so I'm both come with risk in the long term view. Either way, you got your guy and 75 is happy with his side. Kudos.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:30 pm

What I find interesting is that 75 drafted Graham in the league. I freakin hate trading for guys I traded away, kudos to 75 for just going after the pieces he thinks will help him win and ignoring the history.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:32 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:30 pm What I find interesting is that 75 drafted Graham in the league. I freakin hate trading for guys I traded away, kudos to 75 for just going after the pieces he thinks will help him win and ignoring the history.
yeah he definitely will be tough to beat. i'd be lying if i didnt kinda figure that into my decision of doing the trade or not cause i think i have a contender as well hence me needing the 2nd as well as olsen.

@donnynutz on twitter

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:49 am

I'd be willing to bet that Olsen out produces Graham in fantasy scoring this year. Any takers? Hard to say anything about either of the two TE's after this season to be honest. but, yeah... 75's roster is locked and loaded. His stable of Rb is rock solid and very young. His Qb & Wr corp are excellent. If he wanted Graham, best thing to do is make him over pay a touch. Odds are that future 2nd will be near the 30th pick overall. Which is a small price to pay to get what he might feel is the last piece he needs to add to his contending team.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:56 am

JFever wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:49 am I'd be willing to bet that Olsen out produces Graham in fantasy scoring this year. Any takers? Hard to say anything about either of the two TE's after this season to be honest. but, yeah... 75's roster is locked and loaded. His stable of Rb is rock solid and very young. His Qb & Wr corp are excellent. If he wanted Graham, best thing to do is make him over pay a touch. Odds are that future 2nd will be near the 30th pick overall. Which is a small price to pay to get what he might feel is the last piece he needs to add to his contending team.
Yeah but that is why we play the games.
I felt like my roster looked pretty good last year too...then DJ scores -410 from the previous season...Cooper disappears and DT and Lynch do less than expected. Things changed fast and never got better.
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:03 am

True. Time will tell. Injuries are unpredictable. I'm quietly lurking in the shadows & hoping to surprise a few of you guys in the not too distant future. lol

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:52 pm

knotts4372 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:38 pm a trade has occurred

jimmy graham
for
greg olsen
2019 2nd rd pick

my thoughts. i like graham more than olsen but could live with it cause i think olsen will perform similarly to graham and the 2nd makes it worth my while
In other words "I like them about the same but if you want to give me a 2nd, sure, I'll swap TEs" haha
knotts4372 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:15 pm
JFever wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:08 pm Makes me wonder a bit cuz I personally like Olsen more than Jimmy. I guess I can see how someone could be hopeful for Jimmy with Arod throwing to him, but it's been a real long while since there has been a fantasy relivant TE in GB.
well i know both myself and 75 who offered the trade for starters both would rather have graham. for me i for sure would never even think about adding to graham to get olsen
If I was playing it safe, I would prefer Olsen for 2018. But playing it safe isn't usually my style, as I'd rather swing for the fences if I feel the swing is calculated.

I drafted Graham (early 2nd) in our start up I believe right after he was traded to Seattle. My thinking was, even through the recovery time knowing what he would be limited with due to the injury (or injuries) I still saw an elite or nearly elite mismatch of an athlete who had better movement skills than someone like Gronk. The biggest question was how Seattle would use him, and they never seemed to adjust their offense to him (they haven't done a good job of that with any of the receivers brought in over the last few years, and guys like Tate/Kearse/etc have gone on to produce better in other situations).

In Seattle, Graham was used more like a traditional TE which I thought was forcing a square peg into a round hole (on top of him simply needing time to distance himself from his injury), but in GB I think he will be used more like he was in New Orleans.

I view Aaron Rodgers and the GB offense as one that is likely to throw for mid-high 4500-4999 yards with 30-45 TDs. Russell Wilson and Seattle is an offense more likely to throw for high 3000 to low 4000 yards and 24-34 TDs, but Wilson is nearly equal to Rodgers in dynasty because of his age and rushing statistics. So while I view the QBs similarly in value, I do not view the way their offense produces points as being the same - I'd rather have the #1/#2 targets in the GB passing offense than Seattle, mostly because I think their ceilings are higher. Graham always felt like the #2-#4 target in Seattle, but I think he'll be the clear #2 target in GB while also being used to his strengths and is my dark horse bet to lead the league in touchdowns this year, while Olsen is someone I think will 'only" finish in his usual TE3-6 range but might have a lower floor than usual with CMC/Moore/Funchess demanding more targets + whatever Torrey Smith does. In GB, Nelson is gone leaving only Adams/Cobb and a gaggle of kids fighting for WR3-4 duties.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:20 pm

There was talk without a new deal Olsen was a broadcaster...that has to concern you more than a little bit along with age and missing a big chunk of last season. I mean those are all red flags. I mean even the mighty Gronk's value plummeted with his not saying anything about 2018 early in the offseason and speculation he may be considering retiring.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:23 pm

maxhyde wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:20 pm
There was talk without a new deal Olsen was a broadcaster...that has to concern you more than a little bit along with age and missing a big chunk of last season. I mean those are all red flags. I mean even the mighty Gronk's value plummeted with his not saying anything about 2018 early in the offseason and speculation he may be considering retiring.
This was another thing I was considering. Those rumors could have been nothing, or there really was some truth to them and he's already starting to make moves for life after football. Or he's just being smart and setting the next chapter up. Either way, I struggle to see Graham retiring within the next 2-3 years and cannot confidently say the same about Olsen.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2