HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby dlf_jaronf » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:13 am

Coogan Football wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:37 pm
maxhyde wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:24 pm No...we don't really need one. This thread works fine
This thread is retarded, it's literally just you guys blabbering back and forth...no useful information to anyone not in the league.
Come on, Coogan...

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:06 am

Seventy5 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:53 pm
ericanadian wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:44 pm Don't know that I needed to move Bernard, but I was happy with the return. May have undersold Ingram, but the usage in that backfield it too difficult to manage and Ingram is probably too old to be useful to me long term.

Feeling better about my trade of Newton for Lee & Kittle. I was expecting some improvement, but he looks like garbage. Unfortunately, having a lot of remorse on moving what may end up the 1.01 for Jimmy Graham.
It's all good. Think about it like this: your 2018 1st is going to someone else in need of help, so you did a good thing there :ewink:

Side note: I thought TitusYoungsLawer's team was an injury away from early 1st contention so I accepted my TyMontgomery for his 1st+2nd deal, but Montgomery, Hyde, and Cohen may just carry his team pretty far this year.
Yeah, he certainly was all in on Ty Montgomery very early .. its paying off for him, no RB has been on the field more for 3 weeks ..
@PlankMelody

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:10 am

Coogs,

Real simple. If you don't want to click on something, don't. Also, if you don't want to waste your time responding to a thread or reading any given thread, don't.

No different than the times you promote yourself and your activities on these forums, and I and most others skip over those posts without comment. Thanks for sharing your opinion though.

:thumbup:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:09 am

i continue to find this thread useful.

i review it regularly when new transactions are discussed. why? because there is growing awareness among the community that, as the Dynasty Community has become less of a mix of "half dynasty educated people, half mostly redraft people" and more predominantly "dynasty educated people" that conventional Dynasty Community pillars of team building via trade are less and less applicable.

we see these posts frequently in this forum and the Dynasty Advice forum when someone looks up and realizes their entire start up draft is trying to go young WR exlusively or 0 RB or what have you.

this league--to my mind--epitomizes a league where the "slider" is maxed all the way to one side. That makes it unique in my experience and, much more importantly, makes the discussions that happen in this thread much more about dynasty leagues and the Dynasty Community as a whole than about a specific league.

This league is a reverse time capsule for where the hobby will be in 4-7 years.

To those who are in this league: thank you for taking the time to post here and share your thoughts and perspectives behind your moves. Please continue to do so.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:50 am

I kind of find it fascinating how quick owners are willing to pull the plug on the season
@PlankMelody

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:45 am

Plank wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:50 am I kind of find it fascinating how quick owners are willing to pull the plug on the season
I should've pulled the plug in the offseason...
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:08 am

I'm trying to stick to my plan. I'm trending up slowly. Hope to be a contender or at least a playoff team with an outside shot at contending, by next year. I'm one of 4 (I think) 3-1 teams and I'm sitting at 10 victory points I think - and I'm young, and have really no legit rb to speak of.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:55 pm

I didn't think Id be able to contend this year so I was targeting 2018 to push my chips in (had a 2018 1/1/1/2/2/2/3/3/3 stockpiled), but I actually don't hate my team for a 16 team league.

Adding Melvin Gordon all of a sudden makes me not hate my RBs (Melvin Gordon, Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara) and Eric's 2018 1st may end up being 1.01-1.02 (which I lucked in to, he was with multiple injuries). Adding someone like Saquon Barkley could plug a hole real fast.

Ultimately I think my starting lineup hast too many 'ifs' to truly contend for a title this year (IF Watkins can be more consistent. IF Diggs can be more consisent. IF Luck can get back on the field / IF Watson can keep this up. IF Joe Mixon starts getting feature back touches. etc etc)...but I like the core that is coming together.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

teprovich88
Captain
Captain

Postby teprovich88 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:24 am

Current Openings:

DLF Premium League BYLAWS SCORING:
OPEN Team 2: Roster

DLF HOF League BYLAWS SCORING:
OPEN Team 1: Roster

I am awaiting 3 other owners to confirm their intentions for 2018, so there may be more open teams in the future for this league.
Last edited by teprovich88 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pittsburgh Predators: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2021 Champion
NDFL: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/14733#0

Pittsburgh Tyrants: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 Champion
ADFL: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/12028#0

DLF HoF: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/23015#0

DLF Premium: http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/15795#0

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:57 am

Same link^
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:20 am

I am proud to say that I am in this league and will likely get lots of odd looks for my trades. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:40 am

Also, I should note, one of my goals in any orphan I take over, is to try and trade with all of the other owners in the league. Sometimes that can be done within a year, sometimes sooner, sometimes longer. So far I have 4 down, 11 to go.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 am

haha...definitely have different goals.
I have been in since the inception and I am fairly certain I have not done a deal with all the teams yet. Good luck I am sure you will get it done
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:17 pm

Well winning a title would be fun too ... but baby steps. ;)

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:01 pm

What is this league? Is there still openings?