CJA

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ppm
Role Player
Role Player

Re: CJA

Postby ppm » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:05 am

I'm very concerned for Anderson at this point but not really due to Hillman. Of the things I'm worried about, Hillman is probably 4th on the list after the terrible o-line, Peyton's struggles, and the potentially nagging toe injury.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:50 am

Dookmariot wrote:CJ is to 2015 RBs what OBJ is to 2015 WRs. They looked so good, but you have to be nervous as to whether they can sustain that production over the long haul.
indeed!! the two most overvalued players in fantasy been saying that for months. now might actually be the time to try to buy cheap maybe if someone is put off by all this :P
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:53 am

andrewglover87 wrote:A big takeaway personally was how much better CJA was better as blitz pickup and blocking than Hillman. It was a factor in the snap count being 57-17 in CJA's favour. If you can't protect manning, you're not going to be his lead back.
Snap count moved to 58%-42% this week. I don't think they're worried about Hillman's pass blocking at this point. I think they just fully intended to run CJA as the lead back and he fell on his face.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:57 am

Once again it seems that in fantasy / dynasty - many times people are prone to knee jerk reactions and jumping to conclusions early. For all the talk of CJA being potentially the #1 scoring back in fantasy, he didn't look the part in his last two outings. I used to be a Ball supporter but was proven wrong. And I moved on. Never owned stock in CJA / actually sold him very early on as a small part in a larger deal.

I'm not saying Hillman is the answer either. I see Denver as struggling to find their identity. The only time they looked really good was when Manning was spraying the ball over the field when he was hitting Sanders and Thomas. Their run blocking was inconsistent and since CJA was a little nicked up, I wasn't surprised to see him struggle.

He may bounce back but a top 3 or so back in fantasy - he isn't. Best case scenario he could or should be in the top 10 range. As a non owner - I'm not invested or overly concerned but as a fan - it sucks. Maybe they turn it around but to me the problem is a combination of scheme, play calling, run blocking, lack of balance of attack, and CJ's health. Hillman, even though I do own a few small shares in him, I believe is a non factor.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:32 am

This is a bummer. It's beginning to look like I was just plain wrong.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:10 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:This is a bummer. It's beginning to look like I was just plain wrong.
If only there was some way to have predicted CJA would bust... :mrgreen:

And yes, I get that it's only 2 games and too early to make it official. Just let me have a little fun.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:51 pm

Wanted Hillman in waivers this week, had him last year, but can't grab everybody.

That said... it's already smelling like committee for some reason. Thought CJA was the clear bellcow but now who knows?
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:01 pm

Is it possible his lesser usage this week was because he is not 100% healthy and the run game wasn't going anywhere anyway? I did not watch the game so I have no idea. Sounds like the line is a major cause of CJAs woes though.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Csl312 wrote:Is it possible his lesser usage this week was because he is not 100% healthy and the run game wasn't going anywhere anyway? I did not watch the game so I have no idea. Sounds like the line is a major cause of CJAs woes though.
True. I don't know, I'm kind of glad I don't have to worry about that backfield.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

basilthesnake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby basilthesnake » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:01 pm

I'm starting to wonder if they start going back to Peyton's offense will CJA start to play like he did in 2014? More than anything though, a bad O-line or at least bad o-line play will ruin any offense.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:39 pm

Csl312 wrote:Is it possible his lesser usage this week was because he is not 100% healthy and the run game wasn't going anywhere anyway? I did not watch the game so I have no idea. Sounds like the line is a major cause of CJAs woes though.
Yes, this is the case. It was mentioned in the post-game interviews.

I still love CJA, but forcing him to run on a bum foot is ludicrous. He needs to sit a week and get healthy.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:42 pm

UkColt wrote:The two times the line actually opened holes he went for 14 yards and 10 yards. I lost count of the number of times that CJ and Hillman had to dodge defenders in the backfield. There was one play where the defender could have collected the handoff from Peyton and tripped CJ up 4 yards behind the LOS. He stumbled back to the line, but I'd challenge anyone to operate well behind that line. For as 'good' as Hillman looked, he averaged 3.7 YPC and got half his yards on one run.

I won't be starting him until they get it sorted out because the line is just killing the entire running game, but I think the issue is far more to do with the line than with CJ at the moment.
This ^^^
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:08 pm

It's like all the CJA lovers fell in love just based on the fact he was taking the ball from Peyton Manning..

Talent over situation, people..

....at least 90% of the time!!
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:29 pm

Manning + Kubiak on paper is a great situation for any RB, and Anderson showed talent last season. In December people were talking about how evasive he was for a guy his size, now he's a "don't choose situation over talent" poster boy?

When did the Anderson narrative change so drastically?

There's a couple of possibilities here:

- Anderson isn't as good as he legitimately looked last season (and he looked good, don't revise history)
- Kubiak's current offensive scheme isn't opening things up for the running game (why though - Kubiak RB's nearly always succeed)
- The offensive line

I think it's all factors. Manning's deep ball isn't as respected anymore so Kubiak's scheme isn't stretching the field to open things up for the ZBS. Anderson may not be as good a fit in a zone scheme as we thought. Arian Foster beat out Ben Tate after all because he was a great fit. Then on top of that the line isn't protecting Manning or opening holes, it's a general hot mess.

He can go either way and I wouldn't be surprised.
Last edited by Telperion on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:40 pm

I was never high on Anderson. I never thought any of the Denver RBs were talented enough to separate themselves from each other either (enough to designate one the true #1 RB in Denver)
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat