Coleman and Yeldon named starters

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Coleman and Yeldon named starters

Postby Friction » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:37 pm

Just saw both were officially named starting rbs for their respective teams. Neither are a huge shocker, but what do you guys think this means as far as the rbbc in Hotlanta? Anything? Same as it was? Yeldon was pretty much entrenched as far as the offseason, so that is more like most thought it would play out,
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Coleman and Yeldon named starters

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:43 pm

Well, Atlanta has one healthy RB and that's Coleman, so not a shocker.

Yeldon was expected but I still expect Robinson and Gerhart mixed in.

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:47 pm

I still see a RBBC in Jacksonville. I see about 15 touches for Yeldon (per game) and about 12-15 for Denard + Gerhart.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Coleman has his chance to steal the gig IMO, but we'll see if he can handle the every-down role most don't think he's suited for. If he can rip off a 60 yard TD that would go a long ways to keeping Freeman to a limited role once he's fully healthy.

I honestly dont know what to think about Yeldon. Whenever i watch his tape i don't see a ton of power (a la Lacy) nor do i see speed (like Gurley) or any wiggle (Gio). he just seems like a guy who's decent at everything, but excels in nothing. Granted there isn't much competition in JAX (sorry Denard) but i'm interested to see what he can do in a feature role.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Doesn't mean much right now. These things are fluid. But it doesn't hurt either player.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Friction wrote:Just saw both were officially named starting rbs for their respective teams. Neither are a huge shocker, but what do you guys think this means as far as the rbbc in Hotlanta? Anything? Same as it was? Yeldon was pretty much entrenched as far as the offseason, so that is more like most thought it would play out,
Off to the right start, anything less would have been a disappointment. Good news.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:46 pm

KCLep20 wrote:Coleman has his chance to steal the gig IMO, but we'll see if he can handle the every-down role most don't think he's suited for. If he can rip off a 60 yard TD that would go a long ways to keeping Freeman to a limited role once he's fully healthy.

I honestly dont know what to think about Yeldon. Whenever i watch his tape i don't see a ton of power (a la Lacy) nor do i see speed (like Gurley) or any wiggle (Gio). he just seems like a guy who's decent at everything, but excels in nothing. Granted there isn't much competition in JAX (sorry Denard) but i'm interested to see what he can do in a feature role.
Your explanation of Yeldon is why I can see Denard/Gerhart getting 12-15 touches a game. Gerhart in goal-line situations because he should be a better short-yardage back and Yeldon has already coughed the ball up on the goal line once. Denard in some change-of-pace plays throughout the game.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:22 pm

KCLep20 wrote:Coleman has his chance to steal the gig IMO, but we'll see if he can handle the every-down role most don't think he's suited for. If he can rip off a 60 yard TD that would go a long ways to keeping Freeman to a limited role once he's fully healthy.

This is a bonus as a Coleman owner, if he can show he deserves the #1 spot I can see him keeping it.

I guess you can say I'm an Alabama fan, I never really saw anything special in Yeldon though. I don't see any 1 trait making him special.

I can't wait, 49.5 hours until we have real football!!
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:08 pm

People aren't surprised, are they? Freeman missed the entire preseason and still isn't fully healed, and Yeldon was always a near-lock to be the starter.

For Coleman this week, owners need to watch how much time he's splitting with Terron Ward, whom Coleman came off for in both preseason weeks on most passing-downs; if he's coming off in those situations for an undrafted player, the time-share will be even less in his favor when Freeman returns.

For Yeldon this week, owners simply need to watch the volume he's getting. He figures to split some early-down carries, but hopefully he'll be in for all passing-downs.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:21 am

I don't think a 60 yard TD would be the reason why he gets the gig. Sure, hitting home runs is great, but if you can't consistently move the chains and pass protect then you won't own a backfield. Just ask Antoine Smith.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:15 pm

Interesting thread from years ago. Jump ahead 3 years and we find these 2 starting again. Although due to injuries, both have seemed to play well when given opportunities. Both are also set to be free agents next year. It is a bit strange to me that the community seems to value Coleman so much more than Yeldon. They seem to be in pretty similar situations to me and also pretty similar performance wise.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Yeldon to Houston
Coleman to Oakland
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:49 pm

What a troll move to bump this thread. Had me concerned lol

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:49 pm What a troll move to bump this thread. Had me concerned lol
:lol: well yeldon is starting and coleman may be with freeman questionable again.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:33 pm

Free has a toe thing now, so that's the reason for Coleman. Yeldon is obvious. Who else they gonna start? Fournette's gonna be out for weeks. You didn't think Charles had a chance to start, did you?

edit: lol masterful necro-post troll. I mean that. I'm legit impressed
jomaed wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:15 pm both have seemed to play well when given opportunities
Coleman's been awful 4 of 5 weeks. Pulling a '15 Freeman, he is not.

Yeldon's always been a bit better than people give him credit for. Be interesting to see how hard Jax tries to retain him this offseason. Maybe they should ante up, considering Fournette's apparent fragility.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE