The Case For DeVante Parker

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: The Case For DeVante Parker

Postby bigchiefbc » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:55 am

I watched pretty much all of the same tape when I was doing my research back in March/April and I largely agree with your analysis of both Parker and White, and I publicly stated on here that Parker was my 1.03, which became quite an unpopular opinion after White's combine. I was ecstatic to get him at 1.05 in the DLF PL.

With all that said, you are definitely coloring your analysis a bit here, by describing some of Parker's bad plays as great D plays, and conversely saying White's good plays are because of bad D. It just makes it look unbalanced and not as persuasive as it could be. But all that aside, thanks for the in-depth notes, I wish more people did this more often with college tape.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:13 am

Thanks everyone for the feedback. BigChief I just call every play how I see it.

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Darkness wrote:Just to clarify I never said I thought he had a poor work ethic, but I do think he'll need a good one in order to work on all the problems I listed. The fact that the Browns passed on him because they didn't think he was tough enough leads me to believe he'll be just fine as the Browns are wrong about everything.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... _by_d.html
"They [The Browns] passed on him for a reason at No. 12 overall: they felt he wasn't tough enough and didn't love the game enough."

Also I heard the Rams really wanted him but ultimately Jeff Fisher opted for Gurley and to pound the ball. I trust Fisher WAY more than every single guy in the Browns

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:05 am

bigchiefbc wrote:I watched pretty much all of the same tape when I was doing my research back in March/April and I largely agree with your analysis of both Parker and White, and I publicly stated on here that Parker was my 1.03, which became quite an unpopular opinion after White's combine. I was ecstatic to get him at 1.05 in the DLF PL.

With all that said, you are definitely coloring your analysis a bit here, by describing some of Parker's bad plays as great D plays, and conversely saying White's good plays are because of bad D. It just makes it look unbalanced and not as persuasive as it could be. But all that aside, thanks for the in-depth notes, I wish more people did this more often with college tape.

Thank you for stating what every single person realizes about this analysis but will not speak up about because they don't want to discourage this kind of film study.

I agree with a lot of the analysis but it clearly has a pro-parker spin.

Still valuable information, Darkness is kind of like the Fox News of scouts. Solid work but there is a heavy agenda behind the analysis.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:18 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:Thank you for stating what every single person realizes about this analysis but will not speak up about because they don't want to discourage this kind of film study.
I love it when some people tell other people why they act the way they do. Who is supposed to be Fox News here, exactly?

:eh:
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:22 pm

I watch Parker's tape ---> I like what I see ---> I explain what I see and why I like it ---> I am like Fox News

You caught me red handed, my secret agenda has been discovered. I've recently sunk my life savings into DeVante Parker Fantex stock. His stock price fell after having his second foot surgery, and I became desperate. I've come to the internets to drive up his value via positive spin #hottakes. And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids!!!

foogeq9
Role Player
Role Player

Postby foogeq9 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:36 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
bigchiefbc wrote: Still valuable information, Darkness is kind of like the Fox News of scouts. Solid work but there is a heavy agenda behind the analysis.
You mean he's like the MSNBC of scouts :ewink:
12 team PPR QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex/Flex/K/DST
QB: D. Brees, C. Wentz
RB: J. Howard, L. Murray, T. Coleman, D. Booker, K. Dixon, J. Richard
WR: O. Beckham, D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, K. Allen(IR), C. Coleman, D. Parker, K. White(IR), B. Perriman, M. Mitchell, L. Carroo, D. Inman, J. Gordon, R. Anderson
TE: T. Kelce, R. Gronkowski,
K: C. Santos
DST: Ravens
2017 picks: 1.02, 1.06, 1.09, 3.03, 4.09, 5.09
2018 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PERRENIAL RUNNER-UP

Confined1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Confined1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:42 pm

Parker will have a better NFL career than White, bank on it.
10 Team PPR Dynasty League

"Run CMC"

QB: Kirk Cousins

RB: Christian McCaffrey

RB: David Montgomery

WR: Keenan Allen

WR: Mike Evans

TE: Travis Kelce

Flex: Stefon Diggs

K: Harrison Butker

D: Vikings

Bench: Mitchell Trubisky, Phillip Lindsay, Devin Singletary, Derrius Guice, Justice Hill, Calvin Ridley, Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, Dallas Goedert

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:41 pm

I'm not poking fun -- I'd like to see this level analysis from someone who disagrees with him.

knuckles50
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby knuckles50 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:23 pm

"I watch Parker's tape ---> I like what I see ---> I explain what I see and why I like it ---> I am like Fox News

You caught me red handed, my secret agenda has been discovered. I've recently sunk my life savings into DeVante Parker Fantex stock. His stock price fell after having his second foot surgery, and I became desperate. I've come to the internets to drive up his value via positive spin #hottakes. And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids!!!"

I like your style Darkness, it's just dirt of your shoulders. You got 99 problems and he won't be one. Those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind. Sorry, I just ran out of cheesy sayings.
Team 1
12 team, 1/2 ppr 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te
QBs-Brees,Luck,Bridgewater
RBs- LeVeon,Ingram,R. Freeman,Thompson,Riddick,Conner,Walton,J. Jackson,Dixon
WRs- Evans,A Rob,Parker,Hurns,Sutton,Pettis,Moncrief,Treadwell,Sanu,Tavon,Dorsett,Carroo
TEs- Gronk,Kittle,Butt

Team 2
12 team 1 qb, 2rbs,v 3wrs, 1te
Qbs- Brees,Cam,Cousins,Jackson
Rbs- Gurley,Zeke,Kamara,McCaffery,Hunt,Shady
Wrs-A. Brown,Evans,C. Davis,Watkins,Goodwin,Woods,Washington,Treadwell,Jordy
Te- Gronk,Kittle,ASJ

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:05 pmThe only thing that can hold Parker back from being a star in the NFL is his health, desire, and work ethic.
I jinxed it.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:50 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:05 pmThe only thing that can hold Parker back from being a star in the NFL is his health, desire, and work ethic.
I jinxed it.
Actually you nailed it and were right about him having a better career than White.(so far) Hopefully he's working on that work ethic this year.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:40 pm

Gotta feel that this is his last chance.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Servo wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:40 pm Gotta feel that this is his last chance.
He'll probably get other chances, but this will be the last one handed to him. He'll have to actually earn the other ones.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:03 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:17 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:50 pm
I jinxed it.
Actually you nailed it and were right about him having a better career than White.(so far) Hopefully he's working on that work ethic this year.
I mean, White has played 5 games in three seasons. We still don't even know what he can really do in the NFL.