Legend
Legend

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby Seventy5 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:34 am

JFever wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:51 pm
thebeast wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:24 pm
Yeah it was a stupid decision by the league that I was vehemently against. The vote won 9-7 to allow existing owners to enter the dispersal. I’m surprised that so many owners with experience thought it was fine. I appreciate TYLs self awareness at least.
Basically feel the same. TYL’s squad will have come with as asterisk from now on. Or maybe something like TYL ll, TYL part 2, or TYL 2nd generation. As for me, I’m sticking to my everlasting rebuild.
I didn’t think anything of it because that’s how other leagues I’m in have done it, so I just assumed it was normal.

....but phew...this is giving TYL’s roster quite the overnight turnaround. Smart move by him given it was allowed, but also respect his message basically calling himself out on it lol.

He just went from 1.01 contender to playoff contender in one day.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team | 1PPR | 1QB-2WR/RB/2FL-1TE | Building:
QB: Andrew Luck | Deshaun Watson | Phillip Rivers
RB: Saquon Barkley | Alvin Kamara | Melvin Gordon | Joe Mixon | Josh Adams
WR: AJ Green | TY Hilton | Stefon Diggs | Watkins | Mike Williams | Agholor | Dorsett/CPatt
TE: Eric Ebron | Reed | Graham | Rico

12 Team Tiered PPR/TE Premium | 2QB-1RB/WR/TE-4Flex | Rook/Devy League | Contending:
QB: Cam Newton | Matthew Stafford
RB: David Johnson | Leonard Fournette | Kareem Hunt | Nick Chubb | Breida
WR: Amari Cooper | Brandon Cooks | Corey Davis | MWilliams | JRoss | Pettis
TE: Zach Ertz | Eric Ebron | OJ Howard | Eifert

12 Team | 1PPR 2QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FL | Rookie/Devy League | Contending:
QB: Aaron Rodgers | Matthew Stafford
RB: LeVeon Bell | Melvin Gordon | Nick Chubb | Lynch | APeterson
WR: Odell Beckham Jr | AJ Green | Stefon Diggs | Pettis | Dez | John Brown
TE: Graham | Ebron | Everett

JFever
Legend
Legend

Postby JFever » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:57 am

* With an asterisk, like I said.

It was legal, and it was voted on. The vote passed 9-7. It struck me as quite strange to be honest. Just not something I personally would ever consider doing in a dynasty league that I was a part of from the start up draft. I mean... It's like having a redo, a start over, a I don't like my team but I don't want to quit so... I'm going to throw it away and start over and stay in the league. I've personally never seen it done in any of my leagues ever, and, I've been doing this dynasty stuff for quite some time. I think of it as very bush league.

But, again, it was legal.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

thebeast
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby thebeast » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:30 am

Yeah, I am getting more annoyed about the whole situation the more I think about it, to the point where I'm losing my interest in the league. I thought I would kind of just get passed it, but this is leaving a real sour taste in my mouth. In my view anyone who plays in a league that allows this isn't playing a dynasty league or they are playing in an amateur league. It's great we kept a poor owner, and now have a former league champ considering leaving. Glad if I do leave that my team didn't end up in the dispersal.
2017 Champion - DLF Hall of Fame League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL

ArrylT
Legend
Legend

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:31 am

So leave then. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

thebeast
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby thebeast » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 am

ArrylT wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:31 am
Ugh, who wanted you in the first place.

ArrylT
Legend
Legend

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:36 am

thebeast wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 am
ArrylT wrote:
I am still wondering that as well. :lol:

thebeast
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby thebeast » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:37 am

thebeast wrote:
ArrylT wrote:
And I probably should, because your team looks to be headed for the next dispersal because it won't be competing for a long time. I have no idea what you did to that roster.

ArrylT
Legend
Legend

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:41 am

thebeast wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:37 am
thebeast wrote:
ArrylT wrote:
And I probably should, because your team looks to be headed for the next dispersal because it won't be competing for a long time. I have no idea what you did to that roster.
My team is pretty much exactly on pace for where I want it to be at this stage. I would have liked to move 1-2 more pieces but the market in here is one of the cheapest I have experienced in all my many leagues. C'est la vie! 8-)

JFever
Legend
Legend

Postby JFever » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 am

I didn't mean to stir the pot here too much. Just wanted to voice my thoughts. Beast has been with us from the beginning. He is an active and informed owner, and one that I as an owner have enjoyed being in a league with. ArryIT, you are a nice addition to the league. You are certainly active and you bring a lot to the table as well. Your methods of roster construction seem a bit unorthodox. But, I trust you have a plan and I'm interested to see how it unfolds.

Whenever there is a vote as close as 9-7 and something passes or doesn't, I'd expect there to be divides. In this case, I am not a fan of how TYL was able to start over. It makes the progress of those of us like myself that much more challenging and it is simply frustrating. I've had a ton of poor luck in this league starting with my choices and decisions from our start up draft. I've had to re visit my plans and goals several times, but, I've enjoyed it to an extent. In most of my other leagues, I'm a strong contender with loaded rosters. IN this league, I've hit reset a couple times and thus, am experiencing some different challenges. Which to me is a learning experience and, I like it in a way. Plus, I like our DLF community and being in a league with members is enjoyable.

Beast, I agree with your take wholeheartedly. I'm not a fan of the choice that was made by TYL. But, I did have the option to do it and I chose not to simply because I'd like to see things through. I'm old school that way. To me, it will one day mean much more when I do start to have some success.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

hockeyBjj
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:20 am

So my team as of now as we start making the trek past players worth any relevancy whatsoever:

QB: Lamar Jackson
Starting with the QBs I have to admit a colossal F up on my part. I took Lamar Jackson, was planning on taking Matthew Stafford with the same duo of picks to hedge my bet with the young running quarterback who can't really throw a ball. I searched "matt" in the search and Stafford never popped up. I thought I missed Stafford being taken earlier as this was the time I was out and about on errands. I groaned, and just arbitrarily chose Marvin Jones instead..... Stafford was available. MFL search only works for last names. Son of a bitch. Guess I'm all in on Ljax. Ravens have at least showed a willingness to tune their offense to him, rather than expecting him to be a "normal" qb who can just run a bit more. We'll see.

RB: K Johnson, T Cohen, L Miller, D Lewis,
I was expecting Hill, KA, and Kelce to go off the board first, and while Brandin Cooks and the 1.1 were looking at me, I wanted to go K Johnson and Sony Michel to get a pair of young RBs, which are hard to come by, and this draft pool had a handful of wr2s and 3s I liked. Of course I'm not gonna pass on Kelce but then I was so torn between KJ and Michel. I opted to go Johnson as I don't want the headache of owning a Patriots rb, even though I feel Michel is the better talent. Cohen is someone I was hoping to wait longer on, but I really like him and didn't want to miss out. So long as Nagny is head coach of the bears, I see Cohen as a low rb1/reliable rb2. Miller and Lewis seemed like good enough roster fillers at RB I may be able to sell in a 16 team league, or just use and maybe make a fringe playoff berth.

WR: Boyd, Fuller, A Miller, M Jones, MVS, Sanders,
My WRs are thin but I got 3 guys I'm higher than the average on so I'm pretty happy. We'll see if my opinions are right or not. Boyd was getting tons of looks so long as AJG is around to take off pressure. Anthony Miller I think is showing signs developing properly and on a young up and coming team. Of Green Bay's disaster of a WR corp behind D Adams, MVS showed to have Aaron Rodgers trust. Jones and Sanders make for decent depth

TE: Kelce, Trey Burton
Yeah, stoked about this one. Did not expect the clear (to me) top 3 of Hill, KA, and Kelce to make it to pick 4 on me but Valhalla jumped on that 1.1 like a fat kid on a corner slice of cake. As my RBs/WRs didn't end up as good as I wanted, Kelce is looking like a sell for a 3 or 4 player bundle to me now. Burton I'm happy with as a well as the backup despite not being overly involved in CHI last year. I think that'll change enough for him to be a low TE1 after half of them get injured again.

Pick: 2.17. Guess I ain't having much fun in the rookie draft as Valhalla hordes all the picks.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, (a TE2 can flex for RB3 or WR3), 1D, 1K
2016 and 2017 6th place to 2018 champion :D
QB: Russell Wilson, Dalton
RB: Saquan Barkley, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram, D Williams, James White, Tevin Coleman, Rashaad Penny, TJ Yeldon, Lat Murray, Theo Riddick, Jay Ajayi (ir)
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Juju Smith Jarvis Landry, T Boyd, Golden Tate, T Gabriel, T Taylor, C Rodgers,
TE: George Kittle, Rudolph, V McDonald,
D/K: Vikings, Patriots, Titans Lutz NO
picks- 2019 2,3,3 2020 1,4

team 2- 12 team ppr, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE, 1 RB/TE
Back to Back Champs 8-)
QB: Wilson, Smith
RB: Gurley, Kamara, CMC, T Cohen, D Henry, Yeldon, Riddick, Henderson, P Barber, M Brown
WR:Hopkins, Diggs, Arob, Westbrook, Hurns, Wright, Dorsett, Higgins, T Austin, T Patrick, Perriman, M Harris
TE: Kelce, Andrews, Legget
Taxi- Walton, Lazard, Cedrick Wilson, Jeffery Wilson
picks- 2019- 1.07, 2.2, 3,4,5 2020- 1,2,3,5

ArrylT
Legend
Legend

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 am

hockeybjj - I am liking the look of your roster so far. I'll have to look more in depth at all the teams once the dispersal is concluded but I do feel that I can project that squad as having decent odds to make the playoffs in 2019. Obviously a lot will happen between now and the playoffs - just that I like the direction your team is shaping up to go.

ericanadian
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby ericanadian » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:01 pm

I’m mostly just not paying attention to it. I voted against letting current teams participate, but I can’t be bothered to get upset by it. I think jfever’s approach of just thinking of it as a new team is a good one.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Mariota, Stafford, Carr
RB - Gordon, Martin, Penny, Foreman, Guice, Zenner
WR - Julio, C. Davis, Watkins, Samuel, Lee
TE - Kelce, Henry, Andrews, I. Thomas
LB - Kuechly, J. Smith
DL - Ansah, Hunter, Hurst
DB - D. James, Baker, Berry
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Legend
Legend

Postby ArrylT » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:23 am

The Dispersal draft has concluded. :) I (or someone) will share the new rosters once uploaded. :)

hockeyBjj
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:52 am

ArrylT wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:23 am
The Dispersal draft has concluded. :) I (or someone) will share the new rosters once uploaded. :)
I kinda want to see a poll of the forums voting on who they thought got the best team out of the 4 of us :)
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, (a TE2 can flex for RB3 or WR3), 1D, 1K
2016 and 2017 6th place to 2018 champion :D
QB: Russell Wilson, Dalton
RB: Saquan Barkley, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram, D Williams, James White, Tevin Coleman, Rashaad Penny, TJ Yeldon, Lat Murray, Theo Riddick, Jay Ajayi (ir)
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Juju Smith Jarvis Landry, T Boyd, Golden Tate, T Gabriel, T Taylor, C Rodgers,
TE: George Kittle, Rudolph, V McDonald,
D/K: Vikings, Patriots, Titans Lutz NO
picks- 2019 2,3,3 2020 1,4

team 2- 12 team ppr, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE, 1 RB/TE
Back to Back Champs 8-)
QB: Wilson, Smith
RB: Gurley, Kamara, CMC, T Cohen, D Henry, Yeldon, Riddick, Henderson, P Barber, M Brown
WR:Hopkins, Diggs, Arob, Westbrook, Hurns, Wright, Dorsett, Higgins, T Austin, T Patrick, Perriman, M Harris
TE: Kelce, Andrews, Legget
Taxi- Walton, Lazard, Cedrick Wilson, Jeffery Wilson
picks- 2019- 1.07, 2.2, 3,4,5 2020- 1,2,3,5

ArrylT
Legend
Legend

Postby ArrylT » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:42 pm

hockeyBjj wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:52 am
ArrylT wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:23 am
I kinda want to see a poll of the forums voting on who they thought got the best team out of the 4 of us :)
That sounds like fun. We can put it up in the team advice section (since you cannot add a poll to an existing thread). :thumbup: