Week XV Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Week XV Discussion

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:24 am

Mahomes is not that good. Typical media overblowing young guys because they make some very exciting plays and many fall for it. Go ahead media and look past his mistakes like you always do. He made some DUMB plays last night, and that no look pass was so annoying. Its the NFL the teams will catch up to this guy, make adjustments, and he will implode next season. He threw a ton of passes that were begging to be picked off and eventually they will be. Gonna be fun when he implodes in the NFL playoffs.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:24 am Mahomes is not that good. Typical media overblowing young guys because they make some very exciting plays and many fall for it. Go ahead media and look past his mistakes like you always do. He made some DUMB plays last night, and that no look pass was so annoying. Its the NFL the teams will catch up to this guy, make adjustments, and he will implode next season. He threw a ton of passes that were begging to be picked off and eventually they will be. Gonna be fun when he implodes in the NFL playoffs.
This guy knowsnothing

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 am

Odell is out Sunday

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:55 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:24 am Mahomes is not that good. Typical media overblowing young guys because they make some very exciting plays and many fall for it. Go ahead media and look past his mistakes like you always do. He made some DUMB plays last night, and that no look pass was so annoying. Its the NFL the teams will catch up to this guy, make adjustments, and he will implode next season. He threw a ton of passes that were begging to be picked off and eventually they will be. Gonna be fun when he implodes in the NFL playoffs.
Did you watch the Baltimore game?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

JSylvester87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JSylvester87 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:51 am

This guy is a Mariota fan
War Eagle - 16 Team, going into year 9

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 TE/WR, 1K, 1D
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Dwayne Haskins, Mason Rudolph
RB: Le’Veon Bell, Dalvin Cook, Kerryon Johnson, Tony Pollard, Malcolm Brown
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Odell Beckham, Michael Gallup, Sammy Watkins, Antonio Callaway
TE: Mark Andrews, Eric Ebron, Tyler Higbee
K: Will Lutz
D: Bears D
Champion 2012, 2013 , 2014 runner up, 2019 runner up.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:25 pm

He could be a Mariota fan. I'm not sure. I'm not sure how it could be connected to the post though. But, I do agree with some of what he is saying. The way the announcers (Aikman and Buck) talked about him (Mahomes) throughout the game was a bit over the top. When Rivers took a hit to the side of the head and the refs somehow missed it.... And at first J.Buck was insinuating it was clean... then after a moment, he got to see it again slower and he changes his tune... what a joke, My gut tells me if that was Mahomes getting hit like that - there'd have been yellow laundry all over the field. A bit earlier in the game, Mahomes takes a blow to the head during a critical 3rd down missed play and 3-4 refs threw flags. lol.

The Media does over blow some of this stuff. But, the media isn't stupid. They know exactly how to work the public. Most people are very very very recency biased. Flavor of the week mentality. The general public is very prone to buying into it as well. But, Mahomes is having a fantastic season and he does deserve credit. He will regress, we all should understand that. He will make mistakes and some of his mistakes will come at a bad time. I wouldn't route for him to fail but, I do understand that it is inevitable.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:31 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 am
This guy knowsnothing
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Im not saying he sucks but he is also not as good as the media would have you believe and he will implode. Cant pull off no look passes at the NFL level too often, those passes will get picked. If people can make the argument for 18 effin years that Brady is a system QB than I can most definitely make the argument for 1 year that Mahomes is a system Qb. Most of these guys don't come into great situations like he has. The best TE in the league, a really really good WR, and a great offensive mind.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:24 pm

I guarantee this guy is a Pats fan. Absolutely guarantee it. This jealously reeks of a Brady worshipper who's upset Mahomes is taking all the headlines instead. Maybe a Packers fan, very slim outside chance. But those guys don't tend to be that needy.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:34 pm

I am a Pats fan. But this has nothing to do with it. Take your obvious Brady hate which has nothing to do with anything out of the equation. Brady is basically done, he isn't the same as he was so that's part of the reason he isn't getting the headlines. The Pats are also not a great team this year, they are in the playoff race but not even close to a super bowl race, that race belongs to KC, LA 1, LA 2, CHI, NO. Pats aren't beating any of those teams, its obvious. SO that's it on the Pats.

I get this is a fantasy football page but lets talk real life football. From what I saw last night and from what else ive seen from Mahomes he is not the 1st ballot HOFer people are already making him out to be. Watch the game last night and tell me if he was really a good real life QB in what was his biggest game of the season, he was not. Did he put up fantasy number? Yes. But he was not real life great last night. I saw a lot of balls that should have been picked off and a few tipped balls that were lucky to fall into KC hands. That's what I saw.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:48 pm

And @multiplescorgasms its hypocritical to get mad at me for being annoyed with media Mahomes Worship when you are so obviously annoyed with media Brady Worship.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:51 pm

This makes me miss the Popcorn thread. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:34 pm I get this is a fantasy football page but lets talk real life football. From what I saw last night and from what else ive seen from Mahomes he is not the 1st ballot HOFer people are already making him out to be. Watch the game last night and tell me if he was really a good real life QB in what was his biggest game of the season, he was not. Did he put up fantasy number? Yes. But he was not real life great last night. I saw a lot of balls that should have been picked off and a few tipped balls that were lucky to fall into KC hands. That's what I saw.
Rivers, a likely 1st ballot HOFer, had a few of these as well. The Mahomes Magic will die down (see: 2017 D. Watson) but I don't understand how you can watch Mahomes play and think he's not very, very good.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:23 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:56 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:34 pm I get this is a fantasy football page but lets talk real life football. From what I saw last night and from what else ive seen from Mahomes he is not the 1st ballot HOFer people are already making him out to be. Watch the game last night and tell me if he was really a good real life QB in what was his biggest game of the season, he was not. Did he put up fantasy number? Yes. But he was not real life great last night. I saw a lot of balls that should have been picked off and a few tipped balls that were lucky to fall into KC hands. That's what I saw.
Rivers, a likely 1st ballot HOFer, had a few of these as well. The Mahomes Magic will die down (see: 2017 D. Watson) but I don't understand how you can watch Mahomes play and think he's not very, very good.
Because I want to wait to see how he handles his second full season, we have seen flash in the pan QBs before, a ton of them, RG3 comes to mind, Derek Carr, etc. Id like to wait at least 2 years before we anoint this guy.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:34 pm

Crown his bleep