Jameis Winston suspension?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Jameis Winston suspension?

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:32 am

Koetter is trying to save his job - not by trying to win out with Fitz, but by trying to tell the front office that he has no QB so he can't be to blame.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:03 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:32 am Koetter is trying to save his job - not by trying to win out with Fitz, but by trying to tell the front office that he has no QB so he can't be to blame.
It's true that Koetter needs to win to keep his job. But you're nuts if you don't think he's fully justified in benching Jameis, and doubly so with Fitzpatrick immediately tying up a game down multiple scores. Winston is a turnover machine with a titanic amount of off-field baggage, and their patience has finally, mercifully... officially worn thin. Via Rotoworld:

"54 of Winston’s 1,692 career passes have been intercepted since he first stepped under center in 2015. Only Blake Bortles has been picked more in that timespan."

It'd be higher if he'd not missed half last season, too. How much more of this guy do we really need to see? Lets go eat that W, friend...
10 team .5 PPR SF

QB - Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts, Zach Wilson
RB - Saquon, Chubb, AJD, Dobbins, Penny, Gio, T. Jones
WR - Hill, AJB, Diggs, Sutton, Jeudy, Bateman, Watkins, Slayton, Callaway
TE - Goedert, Pitts, OJH, Cook
Taxi - Mims, D. Brown, Jacob Harris

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:49 am

skip wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:46 pm
ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:05 pm To me mainstream media is like ABC / NBC / CNN / CBS / Fox / ESPN / NFL network - I guess I can see how it can be considered mainstream due to being owned by TBS but it definitely is not a site that I consider a priority to visit nor do I consider it a site that breaks sports news. Ergo my reaction.

I guess I classified BR like HBO (ie HBO is a speciality channel while NBC is a mainstream channel) or a news version of DLF / FBG/ Numberfire - as a secondary independent player and not a mainstream outlet that broke / carried the news but rather just copied what it got from other sources and had some analytical content *shrugs*. Might be because of where I live because I do not think BR is big in Canada. *shrugs*
"Mainstream" is probably much like you describe. That doesn't make them credible sources. Likewise not being part of the "mainstream" doesn't mean they aren't reporting the truth.
No argument there - I did not mean to imply that BR was not credible - my reaction was more about them being labelled mainstream than their being unable to report the truth. But Fox at one point was an outsider so I can see BR, especially with internet based reporting becoming the norm - being an outsider that has pushed its way into the room and worth considering. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:42 pm

I really doubt Koettler can save his job at this point. He play with his QB like I could play with my TV channels. There is definitively a turnover problem with those 2 QB. Fitzpatrick will play well for one game then will start again to throw interceptions again and then we will see Winston again. The script is already written. The lack of running game is killing this team.
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:59 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:03 amWinston is a turnover machine
Jameis Winston has thrown 13 picks in a 5 game stretch - which is tied for the most interceptions thrown in a 5 game stretch over the last 5 years..

.. who is he tied with?

Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Let's not act like Fitzpatrick is not a mess himself.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:59 pm
mild wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:03 amWinston is a turnover machine
Jameis Winston has thrown 13 picks in a 5 game stretch - which is tied for the most interceptions thrown in a 5 game stretch over the last 5 years..

.. who is he tied with?

Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Let's not act like Fitzpatrick is not a mess himself.
Sure - but where's that stretch from? This year's Fitz is the best he's ever looked. Ever! I think anyone with half a critical eye can see that Fitz is moving this offense better than Jameis is.

To me, that tells us that it's a loaded skill group that artificially inflates QB stats. Anyone competent enough to execute the offense will look like a god. It's damning that Jameis looks worse (and even if you want to stretch it, on a par) with a career backup that we had largely closed the book on.
10 team .5 PPR SF

QB - Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts, Zach Wilson
RB - Saquon, Chubb, AJD, Dobbins, Penny, Gio, T. Jones
WR - Hill, AJB, Diggs, Sutton, Jeudy, Bateman, Watkins, Slayton, Callaway
TE - Goedert, Pitts, OJH, Cook
Taxi - Mims, D. Brown, Jacob Harris

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:10 pm

Have you watched Ryan Fitzpatrick throughout his career?
This is what he does - he gets hot for a couple games and then completely comes off the rails.

I doubt we have seen the last of Winston this season - it is literally only a matter of time before Fitzpatrick reminds us he is not that good. He is a fine veteran journeyman who is a decent backup to have and can teach young guys some things.

But he is not a guy you want starting for your team all year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:10 pm Have you watched Ryan Fitzpatrick throughout his career?
This is what he does - he gets hot for a couple games and then completely comes off the rails.

I doubt we have seen the last of Winston this season - it is literally only a matter of time before Fitzpatrick reminds us he is not that good. He is a fine veteran journeyman who is a decent backup to have and can teach young guys some things.

I think we have. It seems like the Bucs have made an organizational decision. Fitz could throw 4 picks and I think he'd still play. If Winston gets hurt, they are forced to pay him 21 million next year, if they keep him on the sidelines in bubble wrap, they can cut bait at the end of the year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:06 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:10 pm Have you watched Ryan Fitzpatrick throughout his career?

I think we have. It seems like the Bucs have made an organizational decision. Fitz could throw 4 picks and I think he'd still play. If Winston gets hurt, they are forced to pay him 21 million next year, if they keep him on the sidelines in bubble wrap, they can cut bait at the end of the year.
I agree with this. The decision by TB to start Fitz is not a statement about Fitz, it is a statement about Winston.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:41 pm

I just want Evans to catch some balls over there
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:46 pm

Well that did not take long.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:07 am

I believe 3, possibly 4 times, a healthy QB for the Bucs has been benched mid game

Is that a season record?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:11 pm

He fumbled almost immediately then made a handful more bone head throws. I'm close to throwing in the towel, he's not wired properly.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:07 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:11 pm He fumbled almost immediately then made a handful more bone head throws. I'm close to throwing in the towel, he's not wired properly.
Between the Hard Knocks season and the "eat the W" moment... I thought the exact same thing. He's not all there.