Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Mixon to the Hall of Fame

Postby btv802 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:26 am

Collins was a great surprise last year but the Ravens are not invested in him. Until I see them sign him to a long term deal he's a better seasonal play than a dynasty asset in my opinion. Until then he's one draft pick away from being much less relevant.

Collins actually seems like a good value in seasonal leagues, I snagged him as the RB25 in the 5th round of a standard PPR best ball league with a bunch of sharp people not so long ago.Honestly though I kinda expect Mixon to out produce him this year. FWIW Mixon was RB16 and went in the 3rd round in that draft.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:22 am

This thread peaked my interest so i went back and watched a lot of Mixon's touches last season. Holy crap the Bengals oline was horrid. You had guards pulling to the right side on toss sweeps to the left, two pulling linemen running in to each other and tripping each other up consistently, not to mention getting pushed back all the time. I actually thought Mixon's vision was good if not really good. He tried to bounce a little too much but a lot of rookie work through that. Looked dynamic with the ball in his hand on passes. Definitely has to protect the ball a little better.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:42 am

He actually has solid - very good vision. The problem is for him his O-Line sucked so much that he might not trust it anywhere near as much this year and could bounce around considerably more to try to create his own gaps.

Also those stats that are thrown around about PFF only tell half the story, at PFF you only look at the stats and breakdowns you don't watch film like other outlets do. Look at the gaps and then count the number of lineups and then count the snaps each RB has and how effective they were with each individual OLine man.

Gio was far more effective for a lot of the year due to him playing on more passing downs. They weren't having more people prepared to stop the run so the defense had to adjust more. For most of the year Mixon was purely playing on running plays because Cincy doesn't know what the hell to do with their RBs.

For most owners that drafted Mixon early I believe they saw someone that had potentional that was going into a bad situation in a system that lets the veteran RBs keep the reins for longer than most teams would let them. I did not expect much of anything out of Mixon for his first year and I loved how they let him play on all 3 downs near the end of the year. It gave me hope that he has the chance to be something.

I'm excited for the future but dislike when players get overvalued in any sort of way. I would trade him in a heartbeat for Fournette, Kamara, and Hunt. Cook is a toss-up and CMC to me is overvalued as well.

Apologies for any grammatical errors
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:44 am

Rasorin wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:09 amFortunately I read threads, have a decent memory, and have basic knowledge of search capabilities.

Here is one link to a discussion in which a few posters believe Mixon is on par with Barkley.
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=158225&hilit=Mixon

Let know know the best way to get you your new signature. :dance:
:wtf:

That’ll teach me to make bold assertions about the evaluating skills of an entire forum community at 4am on a weeknight. I’m a man of my word. Let me know what you want me to put in there...
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:58 pm

M-Dub wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:44 am
Rasorin wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:09 amFortunately I read threads, have a decent memory, and have basic knowledge of search capabilities.

Here is one link to a discussion in which a few posters believe Mixon is on par with Barkley.

That’ll teach me to make bold assertions about the evaluating skills of an entire forum community at 4am on a weeknight. I’m a man of my word. Let me know what you want me to put in there...
WOW just WOW!

Glad I didn't read that Mixon/Barkley thread before joining the site. I just threw up a little reading that.

That said, I bet the Drunk Toga Mixon party was interesting...... Where are the thread pics from that Love Fest!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:29 pm

I do not see it with Mixon personally and thought this community was too high on him in the predraft process. I think his upside is around an RB2 which isn't a bad thing necessarily..

But even I can't get on board with the Collins argument.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:53 pm

I understand having your doubts, but I don't get the hate.
Bell once had the same hate on here.

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:55 pm

M-Dub wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:44 am

It’s all good. Owning up is good enough for me. No signature changes.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:20 pm

Funny that there has been three articles on the main page in as many days devoted to Mixon. None were particularly glowing about his prospects moving forward, as this discussion raged in the background on the forum.

I ended up with Mixon at 1.03 as I ranked him above McCaffrey, Hunt, and Kamara. I'm still hopeful he works out as a lead back, but I'm not delusional about his chances. Most NFL teams don't have a lot of patience at the RB position since there are good athletes entering the league nearly every year. I'm not saying "franchise" type options, but players with the skills to contribute if the opportunity presents itself.

For that reason I hope there's significant improvement from Mixon in 2018. If not, he may well find himself competing for the job in 2019 with a rookie or FA. Just the nature of the beast.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:20 pm Funny that there has been three articles on the main page in as many days devoted to Mixon. None were particularly glowing about his prospects moving forward, as this discussion raged in the background on the forum.
Sounds like what you are saying is that the DLF Writers need to be Mixon up their fantasy coverage better ...
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:59 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:36 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:20 pm Funny that there has been three articles on the main page in as many days devoted to Mixon. None were particularly glowing about his prospects moving forward, as this discussion raged in the background on the forum.
Sounds like what you are saying is that the DLF Writers need to be Mixon up their fantasy coverage better ...
:lol: Well, I suppose they can't help all having the same opinion. But at least those three writers aren't drinking the Kool-Aid. Oh yeah!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:12 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:27 am Collins outperformed Mixon in almost every statistical measure last season, so why would it be "extreme" to have Collins over Mixon?
1- you're comparing a rookie and a 2nd year. Goddard hit this point.

2- Collins was cut. Depending on the personality, that could be a major wake-up call and serve as motivation.

3- Most importantly was the OC difference, and scheme in general. Collins was sliver splattered an offense committed to the run and an OC with a proven history of churning out run games at various stops. Mixon was a rookie dealing with an OC so inept he couldn't get to the quarter point of the season before getting fired. The OC who took over got the offense clicking better on the fly and now has a full offseason.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:13 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:12 pm
Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:27 am Collins outperformed Mixon in almost every statistical measure last season, so why would it be "extreme" to have Collins over Mixon?

2- Collins was cut. Depending on the personality, that could be a major wake-up call and serve as motivation.

3- Most importantly was the OC difference, and scheme in general. Collins was sliver splattered an offense committed to the run and an OC with a proven history of churning out run games at various stops. Mixon was a rookie dealing with an OC so inept he couldn't get to the quarter point of the season before getting fired. The OC who took over got the offense clicking better on the fly and now has a full offseason.
These are all very weak excuses and not really even a defense. In redraft Collins could very well go ahead of Mixon unless of course he gets hurt or Dixon outright wins the job from him. The ONLY reason Mixon is going ahead of Collins in dynasty and why it is a crazy notion to most is draft capital but only one owner is THAT invested in Mixon...the rest of us should buy Collins for a 2nd rather than Mixon for 1.02. I prefer Guice for sure to Mixon and would rather Penny too...likely be a tough decision for me with Jones/Chubb/Michel vs Mixon
Look I dont "hate" Mixon but go back and watch Gordon's rookie year and Mixons. Eerily similar and Gordon was lambasted pretty universally and could be had with mid-late 1sts after his 1st and 2nd year really...I really believe in reality that is Mixon's value so yes he is overvalued but not extreme based on history. I just think some people liked him as the RB1 last year and those will value him very highly.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:48 am

maxhyde wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:13 am

These are all very weak excuses and not really even a defense. In redraft Collins could very well go ahead of Mixon unless of course he gets hurt or Dixon outright wins the job from him. The ONLY reason Mixon is going ahead of Collins in dynasty and why it is a crazy notion to most is draft capital but only one owner is THAT invested in Mixon...the rest of us should buy Collins for a 2nd rather than Mixon for 1.02. I prefer Guice for sure to Mixon and would rather Penny too...likely be a tough decision for me with Jones/Chubb/Michel vs Mixon
Look I dont "hate" Mixon but go back and watch Gordon's rookie year and Mixons. Eerily similar and Gordon was lambasted pretty universally and could be had with mid-late 1sts after his 1st and 2nd year really...I really believe in reality that is Mixon's value so yes he is overvalued but not extreme based on history. I just think some people liked him as the RB1 last year and those will value him very highly.
Point 2 is weak, maybe even irrelevant. Point 1 has been covered, and hasn't been dismissed as weak.

Point 3 is vitally important. Scheme determines use, opportunities, snaps, and the qualities of those. Dismissing scheme is ridiculous. Gurley had a massive boost in production and value based on scheme change, and some RBs function better in power vs stretch schemes.

I'm dismissing Collins not purely because of his low draft capital (an uninspiring 6th round), but because he was cut and Baltimore said Heck why not? He was one of those "we'll call you if we need you" emergency options, like Demarco this year. The only opportunity he could find after being cut his first year was signing to a practice squad. He was called up after West, Woodhead and Dixon had their issues, and was still a threat to be demoted after his college fumbling issues followed him to Baltimore. Collins is a throwaway bandaid who may be irrelevant in a year.

I'm no Mixon lover, haven't bought or drafted him anywhere. The question isn't this cost for Mixon or that cost for Collins. It's this player for that player. I'd much rather have Mixon straight up, but give me the 1.2 over him to get Guice. After that, I could prefer Mixon.

In my sig league, Collins and a future 3rd was sold for Pettis and a future 2nd. Even where RBs have increased value, that's what he could fetch.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:17 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:48 am
maxhyde wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:13 am

Point 2 is weak, maybe even irrelevant. Point 1 has been covered, and hasn't been dismissed as weak.

Point 3 is vitally important. Scheme determines use, opportunities, snaps, and the qualities of those. Dismissing scheme is ridiculous. Gurley had a massive boost in production and value based on scheme change, and some RBs function better in power vs stretch schemes.

I'm dismissing Collins not purely because of his low draft capital (an uninspiring 6th round), but because he was cut and Baltimore said Heck why not? He was one of those "we'll call you if we need you" emergency options, like Demarco this year. The only opportunity he could find after being cut his first year was signing to a practice squad. He was called up after West, Woodhead and Dixon had their issues, and was still a threat to be demoted after his college fumbling issues followed him to Baltimore. Collins is a throwaway bandaid who may be irrelevant in a year.

I'm no Mixon lover, haven't bought or drafted him anywhere. The question isn't this cost for Mixon or that cost for Collins. It's this player for that player. I'd much rather have Mixon straight up, but give me the 1.2 over him to get Guice. After that, I could prefer Mixon.

In my sig league, Collins and a future 3rd was sold for Pettis and a future 2nd. Even where RBs have increased value, that's what he could fetch.
What I would add to point 2 is that not only was he cut from a team in desperate need of rb depth, but he only ended up playing due to injuries. He was basically last man standing. We've seen this before, guy plays well when he steps in for injuries, everyone thinks he is going to be someone, but then he is never heard from again. We've seen that happen many times. Mixon's combine comp is Bell, his player profiler comp is Zeke, he was a top prospect derailed by off the field issues, that he acknowledges and takes accountability for (none of which excuses the actions, but after screwing up the best you can do is own it and make sure you don't do similar things again.) . I think it's far too early to close the book on the guy if you believed he had a special skill set ad I certainly wouldn't be adjusting my rookie RB rankings at the top yet if I was a believer. The bottom line, at least to me, is that the notion that Mixon and Collins should even be in the same value discussion is ridiculous.