Holy cow! Rams Defense?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gateway400
Role Player
Role Player

Holy cow! Rams Defense?

Postby gateway400 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:39 pm

If Suh signs with the rams.....Can anyone remember a Defense with two Allpro DL's and 3 Allpros in the secondary? Is the "dismantled" legion of boom the closest? Sheesh...Les Snead is looking like the best GM in 2018 IMO. I'm glad Im invested this Defense!!!
1/2 ppr, 1ppr for TE, $200 Salary Cap, 10 teams, Start 1-2 QB, 1-4 RB, 2-7 WR, 1-4 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

QB: B. Mayfield($4-13), J. Garoppollo($1-7)
RB: L. Bowden ($1), JD McKissick($1)
WR: K. Golladay($2-6), C. Sutton($4-8), C. Davis($12-9), M. Williams($9-7), A. Lazard($5-5), K. Cole($8), D. Duverney($4-5), V. Jefferson($3-5), D. Peoples-Jones($3)
TE: M. Gesicki ($4-4), A. Hooper($1-4), O.J. Howard ($7-5), T. Conklin($1)
K: C. Boswell($1)
Def: Football Team D($1)

Taxi Squad (7 players max): J. Jefferson($4), C. Claypool($4), N. Fant($4), M. Pittman($4), D. Mims($4), B. Edwards($4), J. Stidham($1)

Draft Picks: 2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th picks 2022: 6 - 1sts & 5 - 2nds

Trophy Room:
2020: 8th Place
2019: 5th Place Blew up team for tons of picks!
2018: 1st Place! CHAMPIONSHIP!!! 3peat! :dance:
2017: 1st Place! Championship!!
2016: 1st Place! Championship!
2015: 3rd Place
2014: 4th Place
2013: 8th Place

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Holy cow! Rams Defense?

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Yeah, their defense is looking sick right now. Plus, son of bum, coaching the defense!

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 pm

gateway400 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:39 pm If Suh signs with the rams.....Can anyone remember a Defense with two Allpro DL's and 3 Allpros in the secondary? Is the "dismantled" legion of boom the closest? Sheesh...Les Snead is looking like the best GM in 2018 IMO. I'm glad Im invested this Defense!!!
I just checked the All-Pro team. None of the Rams secondary made it. Min had E.Griffen, X.Rhodes, and H.Smith though. That is unless you are talking about past All-Pro Teams? Jax is interesting as well. They had C.Campbell, Telvin, Ramsey, and Bouye all make the All-Pro team.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:56 pm

Nothing compares to the legion of boom at the height of their reign.
Chancellor
ET
Sherman
Good luck going deep or throwing a screen, or throwing across the middle

Avril
Mebane
Bennett
Have fun with 2 seconds to throw every play

Bruce Irving
Malcolm Smith
Bobby Swagner
KJ Wright

What run game could match??

Some of these new super defenses are really good, but honestly I dont think they can compare.

The speed, strength and ferocity of that squad cannot be matched.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:40 pm

A thread about a defense? If theres any kind of hype sell while they are together. I mean, its a defense. Cmon.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:12 am

I'm a lifelong Hawks fan. I grew up on Zorn to Largent as a kid if that gives you any indication of how long I've been watching the team. In fact, look up Efren Herrera if you want to see some of the plays that made following a crappy expansion team a lot more fun.

Right now, Seattle is going through some pains of rebuilding. Contracts that probably shouldn't have been handed out, and aging players that are being paid more than what they're worth. I'm hopeful that we can re-tool and compete in the division with the Rams, as they're clearly the class of the NFC West at present.

Seattle is now fielding the "Legion of Whom?" on defense, but maybe things will work out OK. I'm not holding my breath, but I think Schneider and Carrol are a good combo and can rebuild the type of team that got them to the Super Bowl a couple years in a row. They haven't paid any FA's a boatload of cash and are waiting on the 2nd wave of free agency to plug holes. I believe they'll trade their 1st for additional picks in 2018 to shore up the defense and see where that takes them.

The Rams are stout, I like what Lynch is doing in San Fran, but the homer in me is still believing the Hawks can find a way to compete. FWIW, I see Arizona as the #4 team in the division and it's not close.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:18 am

Purple People Eaters were pretty good...I suppose. I wasn't alive then, but history and the old timers agree that it was superb.
The DL was the only one in history to have ALL FOUR of them go to the pro bowl in the same year ('69). It included (for the majority of their time) HOF Alan Page, HOF Carl Eller, somehow not HOF yet Jim Marshall, and huge run stuffing Gary Larsen (said to be one of the best in the NFL at that time). Alan Page is one of two defensive players to ever win NFL MVP (LT being the other). I never saw him play, but apparently he was just that much of a problem to offenses.
Other pretty notable defenders (outside of their DL known as the Purple People Eaters) were Paul Kraus (HOF S), Jeff Siemon (4 time pro bowler), Wally Hilgenberg, Moonie Winston, Matt Blair (6 time pro bowler, all-pro), Bobby Bryant (2 time pro bowler and 51 INTs), in the later years of the defensive dominance a young Scott Studwell (2 time pro bowler, 3 time all-pro and 1981* career tackles). That's a lot of notable players for one defense.
In '69, the Vikings allowed 8 passing TDs on the season...and as a team intercepted 30 passes.
In '71 their defense gave up 9.9 points per game.
In '75 their defense led the league in pass defense AND run defense. I believe only one other team has ever done that ('91 Eagles).
They also made four Super Bowl appearances, 7 of the above being in all four and I believe a few others in 3 of them.

*Tackles aren't/weren't reliably tracked to my knowledge, but multiple sources give this number

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:46 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:40 pm A thread about a defense? If theres any kind of hype sell while they are together. I mean, its a defense. Cmon.
This defense is great on paper but not great IRL. It's a defense Cmon is kinda laughable. I will happily always grab the no name defenses for free that win me championships that people ignore. Defenses do win championships in IRL and Fantasy. Keep overlooking cause I'll keep cashing.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:11 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:12 am I see Arizona as the #4 team in the division and it's not close.
Hey, don't count out Sam Bradford. :D
Really, though...if Bradford can just help Fitz get those 18 TDs he needs to tie Marvin for 5th most all-time...is that too much to ask?

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:19 am

not to bring up too recent of a team, but the 2016 SB champ... my boys in the orange crush won the SB without a QB. It was pretty epic. I was at the SB, and remember watching Cam pout and moan, and us not even trying on offense in the second half with only a two score lead. 2nd and 20? we'll run it. 3rd and 20? we'll run it. Cause we'll just punt the ball to you and dare you to do something with it. They did nothing. That squad was absolutely bonkers.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:38 am

Valhalla wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:11 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:12 am I see Arizona as the #4 team in the division and it's not close.
Hey, don't count out Sam Bradford. :D
Really, though...if Bradford can just help Fitz get those 18 TDs he needs to tie Marvin for 5th most all-time...is that too much to ask?
I'm rooting for Fittz, because I love that guy! Too bad he has to finish his career this way.

18 TD's is a hell of a lot. But you know, if Bradford can stay healthy and play for a couple of years it's not out of the question. 9 and 9 would get it done, and maybe Sam's knees would hold up? Here's hoping for Larry Legend future HOF'er. The guy deserves it.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:18 am

you guys are cute like all youngsters can be at times with your talk of good defense !
broncos were nice for a year hawks were nice for a couple years as were the 85 bears and 2001 ravens

the best defense of all time at a sustained level of excellence is of course the steelers defense of the 70's
4 HoFer's mean joe greene, jack lambert, jack ham and mel blount and 2 more guys that could or should be there LC greenwood & donnie shell other pro bowlers andy russell jt thomas glen edwards mike wagner & dwight mad dog white that team won 4 super bowls many of those guys won 4 rings but the most dominant defense was played in a year they didn't win in 1976 (8 defensive pro bowlers that year ) when after a qb injury to terry bradshaw in one of the dirtiest hits ever in the league by cleveland 's dirty joe turkey jones
you tube that hit - and tell me how manning or brady overcome real obstacles in their path to greatness ...GTFOH !
Back to the story after a week 5 injury to bradshaw on the hit - that defense gave up 28 points in the remaining 9 weeks of the regular season with 5 shut outs or 3.1 PPG over a 2 month + stretch . Won 6 games with rookie qb mike kruczek in which he threw a total of ZERO TD passes .

Greatest defense ever begins and ends with that squad period .
Last edited by clarion contrarion on Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:21 am

That's honestly the most impressive thing I've ever heard in regards to football... Screw neon Deon allegedly running 4.2... that's some next lever stuff right there...
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:28 am

They look good on paper.. But we all know there is a lot more to it than how it looks on paper.

Between this and letting Watkins go, looks like they are going the route of the Jags, great defense, run game and game manager QB.

Although I expect the Rams to regress on offense.

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Has no one here noticed what Philly has done with the D-line this offseason? Granted their secondary isn't quite as dominant, but I would not like to be a QB staring down even the second string of that line.
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami