Superflex & 2QB Forum Open

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Superflex & 2QB Forum Open

Postby dlf_jaronf » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:41 am

Hey all, just FYI - a new forum has been created for Superflex & 2QB formats. Great suggestion by several people to give these leagues their own category. Thanks!

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Superflex & 2QB Forum Open

Postby Phaded » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:01 am

This is awesome.
Thanks for doing this!

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:39 am

Meh. While I appreciate you guys listening to suggestions to me this just muddies the water more than it already is. Oh well not a huge deal, carry on.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:50 am

Like it. New to superflex, similar to idp, it's nice a site to go to rather than scrolling/scanning
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:56 am

Now to get those keeper threads moved to the right forum...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Think there's way too much segmentation, as it is. We barely manage to get sufficient activity to keep the Dynasty League forum active during the off season. The "speciality" forums (Keeper/Redraft, Salary Cap, IDP, now the Superflex) barely get ANY traffic. Most of the threads on the 1st page have cobwebs on them.

Starting a subforum for Superflex/2QBs makes absolutely no sense. Are we gonna start doing ones for 16 teamers next? PPR? These are nuanced variations of the standard league. I kinda understand doing it for Salary Cap (which has barely any activity) and IDP (which has a decent amount of activity). Both are fundamentally different from the standard dynasty league. But Superflex . . come on.

:wall:

Instead of spreading things way to thin, most of these aforementioned forums should be consolidated and the mods should do a better job of cleaning up misplaced/dual posts. I'd rather be part of one forum that has a ton of activity, then sporadic activity spread across 5 or 6 forums.

Dynasty Leagues (commentary about leagues of all types, theories, trends, strategies, tactics, vetoes and collusions, analytics, etc.)
Trade Advice (just as it is)
Player Valuations (keep player specific threads here, not in the DL; rankings, comparisons)
Commish Corner (just as it is)
Help Wanted (just as it is)
Mocks / College Players / Devy (combine the three)

:dance:

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:48 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 pm Think there's way too much segmentation, as it is. We barely manage to get sufficient activity to keep the Dynasty League forum active during the off season. The "speciality" forums (Keeper/Redraft, Salary Cap, IDP, now the Superflex) barely get ANY traffic. Most of the threads on the 1st page have cobwebs on them.

Starting a subforum for Superflex/2QBs makes absolutely no sense. Are we gonna start doing ones for 16 teamers next? PPR? These are nuanced variations of the standard league. I kinda understand doing it for Salary Cap (which has barely any activity) and IDP (which has a decent amount of activity). Both are fundamentally different from the standard dynasty league. But Superflex . . come on.

Instead of spreading things way to thin, most of these aforementioned forums should be consolidated and the mods should do a better job of cleaning up misplaced/dual posts. I'd rather be part of one forum that has a ton of activity, then sporadic activity spread across 5 or 6 forums.

Dynasty Leagues (commentary about leagues of all types, theories, trends, strategies, tactics, vetoes and collusions, analytics, etc.)
Player Valuations (keep player specific threads here, not in the DL; rankings, comparisons)

Agree!! Although I would take it a step further and elimate the player valuations. Name it Dynasty Discussion as a catchall and move on.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:21 pm

While I prefer not to do that, in the spirit of compromise, I'd go with it if it would result in the consolidation of the subforums.

:biggrin:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:48 pm

The problem with so much consolidation is relevant threads will routinely get buried (it happens now too) and for those that do not visit every 1-2 days; there will be far too many topics to go through. The boards are quiet now but there are many topics as it is. Not to mention repeat topics because of topics being pushed and people not using the search function.

Subforums are a necessity in my opinion. There are many who play Superflex for example and needing to comb through 30 topics to find 1 relevant to you is a deterrent. Same type of thing with IDP. There is something to be said for the accessibility of those who do not visit frequently.

If you do not like the subforums, do not use certain ones. It is what I do.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Sorry, but it's not like there's a goldmine of wealth sitting on the front page of the "specialty" sub-forums. Rather, most of the threads are fairly mundane, and the majority are short and dated. Heck, most of the sub-forums are graveyards.

If everything was under one forum (Dynasty, Superflex, IDP, Salary Cap), then threads would get more views, more responses, and generate more activity. Most of us play in at least two if not three or four of the different types of leagues. So it's not like consolidation would force a lot of weird stuff on us. In fact, I would welcome a little more exposure to IDP...

Like you said, most of us visit a few sub-forums (in my case, Dynasty League and on occasion Trade Advice), and maybe visit the others once a week, month (in my case) or year. That's not ideal. And causes the graveyard effect that we see in some subforums.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:45 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 pm Instead of spreading things way to thin, most of these aforementioned forums should be consolidated and the mods should do a better job of cleaning up misplaced/dual posts. I'd rather be part of one forum that has a ton of activity, then sporadic activity spread across 5 or 6 forums.

While true to a point, I don't want to ever see redraft and keeper advice questions cluttering up the dynasty team advice forum. This is first and foremost a site for dynasty leagues and it needs to remain that way. The team advice forum should not act as a catch all. The questions and answers vary greatly between the types of leagues.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:23 am

For me, there's zero difference. I manoeuver through the forums completely through the 'Unread Posts' button. I wouldn't know which forum a question is in if I didn't look for it specifically. Every single thread could be in a different sub-forum and I would hardly notice, let alone be bothered.

I bring that up to say that how you feel about forums and sub-forums and whatnot likely boils down to how you navigate a forum.
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:18 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 pm Think there's way too much segmentation, as it is. We barely manage to get sufficient activity to keep the Dynasty League forum active during the off season. The "speciality" forums (Keeper/Redraft, Salary Cap, IDP, now the Superflex) barely get ANY traffic. Most of the threads on the 1st page have cobwebs on them.

Cult of Dionysus and PokerFace, simple solution: ignore it. We received many requests for this.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Most people ignore them. That's my point. I commission a Superflex salary cap league. When I created the league about 4 years ago, I tried out the Salary Cap sub-forum. But there simply wasn't enough activity in there. The same will be the case for the Superflex. These are all variations of the standard dynasty league. They don't need their own sub-forums. Not with the limited traffic this forum gets. Where will it end, with PPR, Two TE, no Kickers.

There's only one type of forum on the internet, that I'm aware of, that can handle a dozen or more sub-forums. And those are survivalist boards. First, because there's millions of nuts out there. Second, because there's no way to conflate zombie invasions with nuclear attacks or social revolts.

lol

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Love it! Thanks folks.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland