Julio Jones Thread: Traded to Tennessee

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Is anyone worried about Julio yet?

Postby RGKID144 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:05 am
jtsmalls wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 am I traded Julio away this year for Pryor and Wentz. He's SO over rated. He disappears for games and always had some sort of ailment. He's over valued so I cashed in. Not regretting it one bit. I live in Philly and am still pinching myself I got Wentz forever!!
That's a really bad trade and you're bragging about it? Unless you're in a 2 QB/Superflex league Wentz isn't really worth that much, and Pryor has declined much more than Julio this season.
Even though it is a 2QB league, I agree with the above. Even if you are not high on Julio(which I didn't even know existed), saying that you "cashed in" is a bit of a stretch. Wentz is definitely a nice get for anyone in a 2QB league, but let's pump the brakes on "cashing in."

Regardless of how this trade ends up being long term for either side, you sold Julio low.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:50 am

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:09 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:45 am He may be following a Calvin Johnson-like career trajectory. It wouldn't shock me if it is over sooner than people expected.
What is this line of thinking based off of? Is it a guess or is there some tangible evidence that supports Just curious. Because, I could say the following and it'd have just about as much merit.

Contrary to his slow start of 2017.. He (Julio Jones) may be following a Jerry Rice - like career trajectory. It wouldn't shock me if he has 8-10 + more years left and his career lasts into his late 30's to early 40's.
Strictly subjective from my own tape watching. What I see: Big, explosive athlete who wins up and above the defense. Subjects himself to big hits and has had a good string of reoccuring injuries. He wins with elite athleticism more so than precision route running

I would say Antonio Brown has more potential for a Jerry Rice-like trajectory just based upon the way he wins. Elite route runners tend to last longer than elite size/speed WRs. Just my .02
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:11 am

There is absolutely cause to be concerned with Julio. I've been screaming it for months now.

People still have memories of Julio's elite top 3 season, but that was with the old Matt Ryan. Ryan's elevation from merely good QB to elite QB came alongside his ability to spread the ball around the field and not just focus on Julio. Julio's big season he had 210 targets. Last year that was down to 138 in 14 games (157 target pace over 16 games). He still put up a solid mid-WR1 season (WR5 PPG), but that came alongside Ryan literally setting NFL efficiency records that anyone should have expected to regress if they were looking at things objectively, which they weren't.

This year, not only have Julio's targets continued to decline (130 target pace over 16 games) but Ryan's efficiency has predictably regressed some from NFL record setting levels, which we all should have expected since I don't think anyone believed Ryan the best QB in NFL history. So then you're left with a much more modest target share alongside good but not NFL record setting efficiency from those targets and that's a big decline from where Julio was, but he was still valued as if he were a guy getting 200+ targets or getting the most efficient targets in NFL history.

Obviously Julio's numbers will improve from where they've been this year, but realistically we're looking more at a guy putting up back-end WR1 numbers most likely, but being valued as if he's likely to put up top 3 numbers. Julio's top 3 seasons died with Matt Ryan evolving as a QB and no longer force feeding him 200+ targets. His top 6 seasons died with his target efficiency declining from NFL record setting to merely very good.

Top 12 WR that people were paying top 3 prices for. He was an easy sell heading into this year, but name value is the ultimate perceived value measure around these parts.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Folks, I owned Calvin. Calvin's competitive drive left him with all his nagging injuries, and it started in his age 28 season. Nevermind the stats, you could see it in his body-language. In contrast, Julio has been his normal self this year on tape, regardless of the box-scores. His Pro Football Focus grade is 87, second best in the league at WR. Calvin's was dipping weekly into the 70s in 2014.

Looking back, the signs were there with Calvin. I failed to acknowledge them at the time, but I know now I wasn't being objective. I'm looking at Julio now with the benefit of that experience, and I don't see those signs.
jtsmalls wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 am I traded Julio away this year for Pryor and Wentz. He's SO over rated. He disappears for games and always had some sort of ailment. He's over valued so I cashed in. Not regretting it one bit. I live in Philly and am still pinching myself I got Wentz forever!!
You could've replicated Wentz's dynasty value by drafting Watson in the 3rd round of rookie-drafts this year, and Pryor is apparently a total bust in Washington.

WR1s > QB1s, dynasty or redraft. It's just not that hard to get a serviceable QB1.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Just saying... there are 167 NFL players with more red zone targets this year than Julio. That has to be fixed!
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:29 am

This feels like the squeaky tire game Julio needs. Patriots defense has been roasted all season, regardless of the competition.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:47 am

Julio to OC: "You see Cooper Thursday night?"
OC: ...........
Julio: "That better be me this week"
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:13 am

saw061600 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:47 am Julio to OC: "You see Cooper Thursday night?"
No doubt. .. Wuth he coaching staff acknowledging Julio needs to be more involved, combined with a struggling offense as a whole and a matchup with one of the worst defenses in football where they'll need to pace Brady in points; if Julio doesn't have a big game tonight then I just don't know.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:20 pm

Semi garbage time points/TD but I'll take it...
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:14 am

saw061600 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:47 am Julio to OC: "You see Cooper Thursday night?"
OC: it will when the game doesn't matter and the defense doesn't care.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:36 am

They didn't really get him involved until the 2nd half, but when they went to him he made some good plays. I still see an absolute monster with drive and passion. I don't see a Calvin type fall off coming, he should be a top 5 WR for the next 3-5 years imo. His one TD last night, was absolutely aggressive, he took the ball right out of Malcolm Butlers hands. This guy WANTS IT!
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Opeth24
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Julio jones

Postby Opeth24 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 pm

What are your thoughts on him in Dynasty? I aquired him earlier in the year thinking that he would be back to his old self, i mean its julio jones right!? He has to bounce back...well it hasnt really happened.
I got him knowing that i would only have a few years of production left but i thought they would be better than this. You see it turning around in 2018 or should i try to shop him after his next good game?

Thanks
12 Team/ Half PPR/IDP/30 Roster Spots/Dynasty

QB:R.Wilson, P.Mahomes, T.Bridgewater
RB: T.Montgomery, D. Cook , K. Dixon, L. Fournette, K. Drake, P. Barber, M. Breida, A. Ekeler
WR:D.Hopkins, J. Jones, K.Benjamin, J.Doctson,K.Golladay, K. Cole, G.Tate, J. Gordon, M. Goodwin,
TE:G.Olsen, J.Smith
LB:C.Mosley, V.Williams, C.Lawson, W.Woodyard
DB:J.Adams, D.mcourty, A.Amos
DL: C.Dunlap, M.Addison, A. Okafor

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Julio jones

Postby KCLep20 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:04 pm

Man I was just getting on here to ask about him...I’ve had him since his 2nd year, but it’s scaring me how pedestrian his stat lines have been. At this point in the year to only have 1 20 point week is very worrisome.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:06 pm

It's definitely not a Julio thing, it's a play calling thing, he'll be fine.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Gives me the Calvin Johnson vibe in the final few years. Lots of nagging injuries but he plays so you have to start him. The offense has enough options that they stop force feeding him the ball.

Still a tough matchup and the go to guy when the big play is needed though as evidenced by the big catch in the 4th.