Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Diggs value

Postby onetwothree » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:32 pm

The Red Rooster wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:16 pm As a non Diggs owner, I am hoping this allows me to buy low on him in a few weeks. I dig Diggs.
Yep looks like a buying opportunity with owners inevitably frustrated by the situation. Or just looking at the decreased output without any context.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:11 am

My feelings about Diggs are in no way affected by his current QB situation. That said, I'm not starting him unless it's out of necessity as long as Keenum is under center.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:22 am

Hopefully he has a few more down weeks and turns into a good buy opportunity

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:47 pm

I love Diggs. I think he is pretty talented. He isn't as polished as AB yet, and may never quite have the athletic profile to be top 8 elite. In the preseason game where they played Seattle I just didn't feel like his technique/moves/jukes/etc where quite smooth enough or fast enough to really fool Sherman. I get that Sherman makes many players look bad, I just didn't feel like Diggs was playing at a level that made Sherman uncomfortable. Diggs fakes looked childish to me and didn't fool Sherman a bit.

Love Diggs and still think he could progress further. He just isn't elite yet, and because he doesn't have the athletic ability of, say a Watkins, he hasn't honed his technique enough to make a run at top 8 at this time.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:15 am

CharlieKelly wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:29 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:37 pm
CharlieKelly wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:56 pm
You said yourself that he missed out on a few big gains and he didn't have Bradford. Context is really important in these situations. I get that there's going to be some push/pull on player evaluations, but this just seems contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Also re: the inconsistency stuff, every single WR in the league is going to have off games.

How many firsts did you knock off of Julio's value after his week 3, 5, and 8 performances last year? Look at the bigger picture.
You can't justify his inconsistency by saying every receiver is inconsistent. Essentially half of his yards came from three games last year. That's more than just your typical week-to-week variation.
Check the splits. Diggs was the WR3 overall last season when he wasn't listed on the injury report.

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/stat ... 1285096449

Do some research son. :crazy:
so half the games I have a WR1...terrific I'll sell him to someone who really likes the 1/2 year he plays...rather buy Golden Tate/Sanders for 1/2 the price
If his price reflected it I would buy...This offseason Diggs would have cost me a Cooks/Mixon/CMC type pick

Love the guy as a player but he is on the injury report as much as not...thats hard to manage as an owner needing 2 guys to fill one spot for the year. Injuries happen I get it but it is concerning that they are just all over the place and minor groin/hamstring issues. Kinda like Eifert...love having a TE1...if he plays
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:35 am

The way these injuries are discussed, you would think Diggs has been out with major injuries in the NFL. The injuries aren't any different from the normal minor stuff NFL players suffer. It's not even comparable to Eifert who has chronic issues.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:01 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:35 am The way these injuries are discussed, you would think Diggs has been out with major injuries in the NFL. The injuries aren't any different from the normal minor stuff NFL players suffer. It's not even comparable to Eifert who has chronic issues.
He even acknowledged during the off-season that he needed to work harder to avoid those nagging injuries so it sounded like something with conditioning and developing better habits.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:03 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:35 am The way these injuries are discussed, you would think Diggs has been out with major injuries in the NFL. The injuries aren't any different from the normal minor stuff NFL players suffer. It's not even comparable to Eifert who has chronic issues.
Yeah - I do not value Diggs nearly as much as a lot of people around here but I do not understand how the injury "concern" keeps coming up.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:08 am

Seeing as pretty much every Diggs injury report is ankle/groin/hamstring I think I am going with more chronic than less but you do your thing.
Missing games or not being 100% effective affects my teams overall makeup. Paying as much as DT or more for a guy I can't set and forget is a bit more hassle and expensive to fill your lineup out. I play in too many leagues to worry about that every week
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:20 am

maxhyde wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:08 am Seeing as pretty much every Diggs injury report is ankle/groin/hamstring I think I am going with more chronic than less but you do your thing.
Missing games or not being 100% effective affects my teams overall makeup. Paying as much as DT or more for a guy I can't set and forget is a bit more hassle and expensive to fill your lineup out. I play in too many leagues to worry about that every week
Your team doesn't exactly have a lot of players who don't miss games and/or always play at 100%, so I'm confused. I don't think anyone has a roster that accomplishes what you're talking about.

Diggs' injuries last season:

Knee strain
Hip strain
groin strain

Missed 1 game for each. These aren't what you call chronic injuries. They're normal football injuries. His college injuries weren't normal, but he's seen no ill effects from those.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:25 am

onetwothree wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:01 am He even acknowledged during the off-season that he needed to work harder to avoid those nagging injuries so it sounded like something with conditioning and developing better habits.
For sure. But, I think there's a difference between conditioning better and people talking about him like he's some huge mega injury risk. He's missed 3 games in two seasons. There's a long list of players who fit that criteria.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:57 am

:clap: Diggs... :dance: lmao :whistle:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:59 am

That guys pretty good

:whistle:

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:36 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:25 am
onetwothree wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:01 am He even acknowledged during the off-season that he needed to work harder to avoid those nagging injuries so it sounded like something with conditioning and developing better habits.
For sure. But, I think there's a difference between conditioning better and people talking about him like he's some huge mega injury risk. He's missed 3 games in two seasons. There's a long list of players who fit that criteria.
Was agreeing with you that I don't think he's injury prone. Just a young player who is starting to understand he needs to take care of his body.

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:47 pm

Didn't someone say they wanted to see him produce at an elite level with Keenum throwing?

I paid a 1st for him immediately after his second breakout game two years ago, my only regret was not starting him this week! I figured CMC was a safer bet this week, and while he's having a great little game, Diggs just...wow
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami