Ezekiel Elliott - Possible Suspension

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ezekiel Elliott - Possible Suspension

Postby Goddard » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Jason, put down the bottle and natural plants.

spotxc
Starter
Starter

Postby spotxc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Lol, zeke loyalist award given here

Jason3123
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Goddard wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:20 pm
Lol..I'm just here to support my NFL players. Sports would suck without them. Don't get me started on Foreman either. Arrested for having medicine and a gun on him..in Texas of all places where white folks open carry bazookas. Jesus.
10 Team Superflex / 23 Man Salary / 7 Taxi / PPR / 5pt RB 100 yd Bonus
QB - Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton, Philip Rivers, Sam Bradford
RB - Todd Gurley, Carlos Hyde, Lamar Miller, Ty Montgomery, Javorius Allen, Kenneth Dixon (TS), C.J. Prosise (TS), D'Onta Foreman (TS)
WR - Amari Cooper, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews, Keenan Allen, Jeremy Maclin
TE - Tyler Eifert, Vance McDonald, Charles Clay, Adam Shaheen
2018: 1st (top 3), 1st, 4th, 2019: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 4th

Dynasty DeLorean
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Jason3123 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:52 pm
Goddard wrote:
Lol..I'm just here to support my NFL players.
You're failing miserably.

ArrylT
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:08 pm

skip wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:24 pm
I'll just throw in my 2 cents about getting into a bar fight considering I've worked as a bartender for the last 2+ years. Getting into fights is NOT normal for anyone. It is a rare thing and typically both parties involved have had too much to drink. I see maybe one fight a month at a bar that serves a few thousand people on the weekend. Do with that what you will...

I think it is perfectly fair to question Zeke's maturity given the increasing number of issues (however small we think they are). There is a pattern of behavior developing here that fairly leaves owners wondering when the next potential issue is going to take place.
I live in a city of approx 1+ million - I'd estimate we have at least 100 bars/pubs/clubs (for the greater metro area) and thats a overly conservative estimate since I know of at least 5 in my local neighborhood. Assuming 1 fight per month per bar thats 1200 fights a year. Even if we cut that in half that is 600. 600 fights per million may seem pretty rare but I'd say its closer to normal than it is to rare. The estimated US population is 325 million so thats 195 000 fights a year - again we could divide that # by 10 and that is still a pretty big number - 19.5 k fights a year.

Getting hit by lightning is rare and yet there are still an average of 51 deaths per year in the US.

I am just trying to suggest that fighting is not so rare or out of the ordinary as some might suggest

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/us-sen ... d-24724731

Video of politicians fighting (and wasnt there a video of President Trump mock beating up the CNN logo?).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:56 pm
Jason3123 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:52 pm
Goddard wrote:
Lol..I'm just here to support my NFL players.
You're failing miserably.
Glad to know you have been elected spokesperson of the entire DLF forums. :D
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jason3123
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:24 pm

ArrylT wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:08 pm
skip wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:24 pm
I'll just throw in my 2 cents about getting into a bar fight considering I've worked as a bartender for the last 2+ years. Getting into fights is NOT normal for anyone. It is a rare thing and typically both parties involved have had too much to drink. I see maybe one fight a month at a bar that serves a few thousand people on the weekend. Do with that what you will...

I think it is perfectly fair to question Zeke's maturity given the increasing number of issues (however small we think they are). There is a pattern of behavior developing here that fairly leaves owners wondering when the next potential issue is going to take place.
I live in a city of approx 1+ million - I'd estimate we have at least 100 bars/pubs/clubs (for the greater metro area) and thats a overly conservative estimate since I know of at least 5 in my local neighborhood. Assuming 1 fight per month per bar thats 1200 fights a year. Even if we cut that in half that is 600. 600 fights per million may seem pretty rare but I'd say its closer to normal than it is to rare. The estimated US population is 325 million so thats 195 000 fights a year - again we could divide that # by 10 and that is still a pretty big number - 19.5 k fights a year.

Getting hit by lightning is rare and yet there are still an average of 51 deaths per year in the US.

I am just trying to suggest that fighting is not so rare or out of the ordinary as some might suggest

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/us-sen ... d-24724731

Video of politicians fighting (and wasnt there a video of President Trump mock beating up the CNN logo?).
My god what a breakdown lol. :clap:
RB - Todd Gurley, Carlos Hyde, Lamar Miller, Ty Montgomery, Javorius Allen, Kenneth Dixon (TS), C.J. Prosise (TS), D'Onta Foreman (TS)
WR - Amari Cooper, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews, Keenan Allen, Jeremy Maclin

Friction
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Friction » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Good break down of bar fighting metrics. You could take it a step further and compare the amount of fights involving your typical bar scum, college kids, multi-million dolaar athletes/entertainers, and politicians. Would be an interesting pie chart.
Str8 Mixon on Her
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Luck, Rivers, Brissett
RB:McCoy, Fournette, Coleman, Hunt, Foreman, Rawls,
WR: Brown, Julio, DT, Jeffrey, Samuel, Marqise
TE: Njoku, Kittle

Jason3123
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Oh, and to answer OP's original post. I wouldn't buy McFadden for anything. Maybe a 4th. I would blow some FAAB on him. He has value as a handcuff regardless of a suspension but only in leagues deep enough where you can actually afford to roster a player who literally does nothing most weeks.

And in terms of Zeke, doesn't impact his value at all IMO. Even if Goodell struck down some bogus suspension against him.

HereForTheComments
Starter
Starter

Postby HereForTheComments » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:25 pm

I personally feel the most concerning information we have seen/ heard about Zeke is his father's quote .... "My biggest worry is ... I don't believe my son knows how to navigate in life being a superstar,"

From what we have seen so far, his father was/is right to be worried. Every few months, Zeke finds his name in the tabloids due to some immature action.

All of that aside, though, he is still a top fantasy asset.
Team 1: 4th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Lynch, Spencer Ware, Ty Montgomery, Frank Gore, J Stew, James White, Deangelo Williams, Terrance West, CJ Prosise,
WR: Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Jordy Nelson, Devante Parker, Donte Moncrief, Malcolm Mitchell, Quincy Enunwa
TE: Greg Olsen, Zach Ertz
Def: Seahawks, Chargers
K: Hauschka
Taxi:

2018 picks: 2nd, 3rd

Cameron Giles
Legend
Legend

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Jason3123 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 pm
Oh, and to answer OP's original post. I wouldn't buy McFadden for anything. Maybe a 4th. I would blow some FAAB on him. He has value as a handcuff regardless of a suspension but only in leagues deep enough where you can actually afford to roster a player who literally does nothing most weeks.

And in terms of Zeke, doesn't impact his value at all IMO. Even if Goodell struck down some bogus suspension against him.
Long-term, you're probably right. Most people have already forgotten Le'Veon Bell's troubles.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Jason3123 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:03 pm
Forgive me for being pro-player. I'm tired of all these emotional, hypocritical, uninformed people calling for every player to be executed every time they do something in public. It's exhausting and annoying.
Says the dude who proceeds to emotionally, hypocritically, and uninformedly criticize forum members. ;)

It's a hot take society and a slow news cycle. People are going to jump on every bit of news that trickles out. One witness says Zeke knocked the guy out. Another witness says somebody reached over Zeke to throw the finishing punch. The story is going to be all over the place with a lot of he said, she said for awhile.

It's just interesting when any of these incidents occur to see the line drawn and what side people take and watch their biases come out. I wonder where these same forum members came down on Mixon who had a similar one time incident at a younger age?

Goodell better be careful with punishing Zeke and going against Jerry. Without Kraft on his side, Jerry's all he has. I don't think anything will come of this. 2 game suspension announced for the previous stuff then an appeal to drop to 1 game and everyone saves face and pats themselves on the back.

sugbear65
MVP
MVP

Postby sugbear65 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:07 pm

Man, a lot of people get touchy when you bash Zeke a little it seems. I'm not going to comment on the suspension possibilities, but I will say Zeke has kinda rubbed me the wrong way from the door. Aside from all those other off field issues, I don't like his "feed me" celebration, I don't like the flamboyant clothes and attitude in pressers, I didn't like the way he ran around like a moron with no shirt at the skills competition at pro bowl. I'm not saying these things make him a bad person or a thug, It's just his whole persona doesn't sit well with me. But can't deny those stats though...

_yeti
Captain
Captain

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:12 pm

sugbear65 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:07 pm
Man, a lot of people get touchy when you bash Zeke a little it seems. I'm not going to comment on the suspension possibilities, but I will say Zeke has kinda rubbed me the wrong way from the door. Aside from all those other off field issues, I don't like his "feed me" celebration, I don't like the flamboyant clothes and attitude in pressers, I didn't like the way he ran around like a moron with no shirt at the skills competition at pro bowl. I'm not saying these things make him a bad person or a thug, It's just his whole persona doesn't sit well with me. But can't deny those stats though...
He is kind of irritating, but isn't his personality directly linked to who he is as a player?
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome. Death is listening, and will take the first man that screams.

12 Team IDP- QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, Flex, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 35 man roster, 45 man off-season, 4 Taxi, 3 IR
QB: M. Mariota, R. Wilson, T. Taylor, N. Peterman
RB: E. Elliot, D. Murray, D. Foreman, C. Carson, A. Peterson, T. Yeldon, J. McKinnon, K. Drake, D. McFadden, CMike
WR: A. Brown, M. Evans, A. Cooper, C. Davis, L. Treadwell, T. Boyd, DGB, R. Louis, J. Malone
TE: R. Gronkowski, D. Njoku, D. Allen, ASJ, E. Swoope, C. Clay, M. Williams
DL: A. Donald, D. Hunter, D. Buckner, O. Vernon
LB: A. Ogletree, B. Wagner, CJ Mosley, M. Barron
DB: R. Jones, L. Collins, T. Mathieu

Jason3123
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:42 pm

sugbear65 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:07 pm
Sounds like you're kind of boring and prefer players to not have personalities. Also sounds like you hate every football player ever because every one of them does some sort of feed me persona.