Looking to Win Now? Acquire These Players

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Looking to Win Now? Acquire These Players

Postby Fezzik » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:40 am

I'll double down on Woodhead.

The going rate to acquire him is very low, and he's got an RB3 overall finish already (obviously in PPR where he thrives). I think Ravens were near the top of the league in passing percentage to RB's, and a lot of their pass catchers are no longer with the team for various reasons. I think given the price to acquire as well as the situation he went to, he may be one of my top win now buys in PPR. Obviously don't overpay, but if you can acquire him cheap, he could pay off big.
Mud Dogs 0.5PPR
QB (1) - C. Newton, D. Jones
RB (1) - T. Gurley, N. Chubb, C. Hyde, J. Howard, M. Ingram. J. McKinnon, D. Foreman
WR (3) - J. Jones, A. Brown, A. Cooper, L. Fitzgerald, D. Moncrief, T. Lockett, D. Johnson, Hardman
TE (1) - Kittle, Gesecki, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

The Brute Squad- PPR of 0.25 for RB, 0.5 for WR
QB (1) - Roethlisberger, Rivers
RB (1) - T. Gurley, L. Miller, D. Foreman, J. McKinnon
WR (3) - D. Hopkins, A. Jeffery, S. Shepard, J. Crowder, M. Williams, Humphries
TE (1) - Hockenson, Olsen, Pruitt, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

Macho Man Randy Savage (Full PPR)
QB (1) - Ryan, Darnold
RB (1) - Barkley, Hyde, Breida, Mack, McKinnon, Ajayi
WR (1) - OBJ, K. Allen, R. Cobb, Diggs, J. Brown, Sutton, Isabella, D. Samuel, Slayton
TE (1) - Kittle
Flex (2) - any r/w
Extra 2020 first

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 am

If you're really looking at "Win Now," I think you have to add Larry Fitz to the conversation. He can probably be had for very cheap and will most likely outscore everyone that's already been mentioned on here.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:21 am

Goddard wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 am If you're really looking at "Win Now," I think you have to add Larry Fitz to the conversation. He can probably be had for very cheap and will most likely outscore everyone that's already been mentioned on here.
GREAT CALL. I seriously can't give him away, and he just keeps on producing WR1 numbers. I can MAYBE get a mid to late 3rd round pick. I don't even blame anybody, as he really may only have one season left, but if you own him, he's still going to be a huge asset for ya.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Garcon's the guy in the OP's list that I can firmly get behind. Sneaky WR1 upside there in PPR.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

austing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby austing » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:51 am

Fezzik wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:40 am I'll double down on Woodhead.

The going rate to acquire him is very low, and he's got an RB3 overall finish already (obviously in PPR where he thrives). I think Ravens were near the top of the league in passing percentage to RB's, and a lot of their pass catchers are no longer with the team for various reasons. I think given the price to acquire as well as the situation he went to, he may be one of my top win now buys in PPR. Obviously don't overpay, but if you can acquire him cheap, he could pay off big.
X3 easily. I'm pretty darn sure the zen master of general managers realized how many targets were missing and considering the lack of serious acquisitions outside of woodhead they must have serious belief he can be a sponge in this offense and soak up as many as possible. I'm betting 60+ targets in his sleep with the opportunity for more.

I'd also add edelman and enunwa to this list. As a number 1 that can be had dirt cheap, who impessed last year, will see a major uptick in targets, and who is on an offense that will trail in every game this year, I love enunwa to be a gem this year. He's going to be a quality contributer off your bench.
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

RB Nick Chubb (1) Miles Sanders (4) Chase Edmunds (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

2021 1.04 Pick (waddle/pitts/williams)

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Doug Martin is very likely to have a bounceback year and I've seen him going for 2nd rounders... Great buy low if you don't need hi for the 1st few games.

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:28 am

If you have a team with meh tight ends, what about Jordan Reed? Is his upside worth acquiring, and at what price? Or is the unpredictability of his health too much of a risk for a team trying to win a championship?

roseyknee
Role Player
Role Player

Postby roseyknee » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:46 am

motherlode wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:28 am If you have a team with meh tight ends, what about Jordan Reed? Is his upside worth acquiring, and at what price? Or is the unpredictability of his health too much of a risk for a team trying to win a championship?
This is a good one. Reed's cost is nothing compared to his production (close to Gronk's PPG). As an owner, every offer is too low for me to sell as I'm contending, but I get why owners don't want to pay too much. Just grab a decent backup TE.

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:32 am

What about Maclin? I think if Flacco made Wallace a good WR he'll make Maclin even better.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Great thread. Couple of thoughts:

AP - I'm not buying it. I don't think you're going to get 2017 production from him. The combination of Peterson and Kamara to NOS makes all three guys fairly bad for redraft. If I had to pick I'm taking Ingram but I don't want any of them at the price. I also think there's a decent chance that game flow will hurt Peterson.

DT - Absolutely buying that. He's the most consistently underrated fantasy WR. If you own him, you start him every week.

D.Baldwin - Someone might have already mentioned him. He's the rich man's version of DT. Production should outstrip price. I saw him moved in my main league last week for a 2018 first.

RB's - I'd hang tight in general on buying RB production. I got burned last year buying both D.Lewis and J.Charles in the off-season. You can probably get RB production at 10% higher prices week 1 or 2 of the season but reduce your risk by a ton.

SteelCitizen
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby SteelCitizen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:37 am

This thread prompted me to send out a feeler for DT. I got him for Coates, 18 2nd, & 19 2nd (projected mid-round and late, respectively) in a 24 team league. I feel like he may be the piece that pushes me over the top.
24 Team/40 players/PPR/.33PPC/IDP(big play)
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FLEX/K/3DL/3LB/4DL

QB: Brees, Kizer, D. Webb, Rudock
RB: Mixon, Chubb, D. Murray, Powell, Ivory, Yeldon, D. Washington, I. Smith
WR: Fitz, D. Thomas, ARob, Fuller, Godwin, Westbrook, Snead, Carroo
TE: Ertz, Watson, Butt
K: McManus
DL: Mack, Jordan, M. Edwards, D. Lowry
LB: A. Williamson, V. Williams, D. Riley, M. Jefferson, Shazier
DB: Jenkins, TJ McDonald, Gathers, Berry, Farley, TJ Ward

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:39 pm

SteelCitizen wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:37 am This thread prompted me to send out a feeler for DT. I got him for Coates, 18 2nd, & 19 2nd (projected mid-round and late, respectively) in a 24 team league. I feel like he may be the piece that pushes me over the top.
Highway robbery.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:03 pm

SteelCitizen wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:37 am This thread prompted me to send out a feeler for DT. I got him for Coates, 18 2nd, & 19 2nd (projected mid-round and late, respectively) in a 24 team league. I feel like he may be the piece that pushes me over the top.
Great trade for you but why would the other owner even accept that? That's unreal.
Last edited by Cowboysfan33 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:31 pm

gausec wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:32 am What about Maclin? I think if Flacco made Wallace a good WR he'll make Maclin even better.
Flacco didn't make Mike Wallace good. Mike Wallace has been extremely good when any QB minus a young Ryan tannehill was throwing him the ball.

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:07 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:31 pm
gausec wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:32 am What about Maclin? I think if Flacco made Wallace a good WR he'll make Maclin even better.
Flacco didn't make Mike Wallace good. Mike Wallace has been extremely good when any QB minus a young Ryan tannehill was throwing him the ball.
After looking at the numbers I must conclude you are correct. Even with Tannehill he averaged; 2013-7.9, 2014-9.1.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th