It is Mark Ingram Time - Back Home to NO

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mark Ingram

Postby maxhyde » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:21 pm

I think 100% a trade is in play for Ingram.
Moving up in the 1st might be possible but given the depth in the draft a move up in the 2nd might be worth it or even a pick late day 2 early day 3 might be as good a target for the Saints to add to the defense.
NO window is probably short enough AP might be a really good fit but as ericcanadian said AP didn't look like AP before getting hurt last year either.
Interesting signing for sure and can't wait to see how it plays out.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:55 pm

I invested heavily in Ingram in a contract league recently and I might regret it now. I do think he can hold off Peterson for a while but I now feel more hesitant to start him. He was RB10 in my league last year (RB13 by PPG) and RB15 in 2015 (RB9 by PPG) so I thought he was somewhat underrated, but this caps his upside and any hint of a committee means I might have to look elsewhere.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:35 am

maxhyde wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:21 pm I think 100% a trade is in play for Ingram.
Moving up in the 1st might be possible but given the depth in the draft a move up in the 2nd might be worth it or even a pick late day 2 early day 3 might be as good a target for the Saints to add to the defense.
NO window is probably short enough AP might be a really good fit but as ericcanadian said AP didn't look like AP before getting hurt last year either.
Interesting signing for sure and can't wait to see how it plays out.

AP in my recollection as a life long Vikings fan, has been a bit of a slow starter anyway. Reading too much into a small sample size (1.5-2 games !!!) is the issue with this statement. That coupled with the glaring issue at the time of no passing game threat to speak of. I mean this was before Sam Bradford got to Minnesota and After Teddy B dislocated his knee... and no realy #1 wr to speak of. AP's line was not a good run blocking or pass blocking line to begin with, and in reality was (talent wise) probably the worst he's ever played behind. Couple that with no preseason action, the Qb thing, and a new offensive coordinator - and ..... the slow start (prior to his meniscus tear) from AP last year is completely and easily understandable. It is not a reflection of a lack of talent or burst at all..... Not sure how that isn't something that someone like ericcanadian didn't or doesn't understand... and, I'm not sure how that isn't just generally understood by our fairly knowledgeable community. Its as if we (some here) are looking for reasons and explanations and simultaneously ignoring observable fact.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:37 pm

The recent news of Jahri Evans signing with Green Bay is not good news for either back. New Orleans averaged 3.20 ypc when running up the middle or to the left guard. They averaged 5.36 behind the right guard (Evans).
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:14 am

YPC is misleading over used stat around here. It doesn't tell the whole story. It says nothing of down / distance, score, conditions, numbers of carries, injuries, etc. I never put a lot stock in ypc. It can be spun to support multiple angles of the same situation and often, that is how it is used on these forums.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Mark Ingram - Free Agent

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:33 pm

So with his selection to the Pro Bowl, the final year of his contract becomes void making him a free agent after THIS season!

What are the chances he stays with NO? I think he asks for too much and NO says no with the emergence of Kamara.

What are potential landing spots? And do you think Jonathan Williams gets a shot to be the thumper with Kamara or they bring someone else in via FA or draft?
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Mark Ingram - Free Agent

Postby Vendetta » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Doesn't he have to be named to an All-Pro team to get his final year voided not just Pro Bowl?

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Yes it's named to All Pro not Pro Bowl.

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:07 am

Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:33 pm So with his selection to the Pro Bowl, the final year of his contract becomes void making him a free agent after THIS season!

What are the chances he stays with NO? I think he asks for too much and NO says no with the emergence of Kamara.

What are potential landing spots? And do you think Jonathan Williams gets a shot to be the thumper with Kamara or they bring someone else in via FA or draft?
what about Trey Edmunds, Does he have a shot at backing up kamara?

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:45 am

Vendetta wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:56 pm Doesn't he have to be named to an All-Pro team to get his final year voided not just Pro Bowl?
My understanding as well, which is a long shot. He will be back with Saints for 2018.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:24 am

FiremanEd wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:45 am
Vendetta wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:56 pm Doesn't he have to be named to an All-Pro team to get his final year voided not just Pro Bowl?
My understanding as well, which is a long shot. He will be back with Saints for 2018.
X2
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:36 am

Does Spotrac have it wrong then?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans- ... gram-7743/
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

J. Edgar
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby J. Edgar » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:19 am

"2018 Voids if he makes the pro bowl or all-pro team in any prior season"

According to his contract.
12 Team Dyno PPR IDP '14 '15 '17 '19 Champion '16 '18 Runner Up
QB Tannehill / Goff
RB Chubb / Kamara / Hunt / J. Rob/ Latavius /
WR Justin Jefferson/DJ Moore/M. Williams/Gallup/Boyd/Renfrow
TE Fant / Kmet / Albert O /
LB B. Wagner / Martinez / D. Leonard / Milano / Long
DB Poyer/ McKinney /
DL Day / Golden /
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX RB OR WR/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/S/S/FLEX

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:35 am

I think NO has to at least attempt to sign him, him and Kamara are a 1-2 punch and I don't know if one thrives without the other

If he does leave, a few spots I could see:
Pitt - only if Bell walks
NE - because why not...
NYG - I don't know if he'd want to walk into a potential rebuild
IND - See NYG
SF - Pending if they get Barkley or not
SEA - Probably the most realistic since he fits their style
OAK - If they think they want to move on from Marshawn

I think there are a few others that are maybes, HOU, Tenn, CLE that could all use him, but I think SEA would be the instant front runner if he does turn down NO

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:47 am

Just me, but I'd sell Ingram in the offseason with the likelihood that he will be leaving NO. I can't see any landing spots that wouldn't be a downgrade to his fantasy value, even if his volume were to increase.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd